1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

I have seen Stargate this week.

Nice sci-fi flick. No wonder it started a franchise. :)

Also saw Streets of Fire. Aw... I got this feeeling with that movie just like when I hear "Boys are back in town" with Thin Lizzy.

I feel.. young? :D

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Saw The Hurt Locker and Green Zone.

The Hurt Locker was really good for the first half, but once he found the body bomb, it went downhill quickly.

Green Zone was better - much more interesting, but less well written. There were a couple things I wish they had done differently (like end it 30 seconds earlier, give more depth to one or two characters, and a few other things).

Neither had any stationary/static shots. Everything was either handheld or moving tripod shots.

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Finally watched Angels & Demons. Meh... I enjoyed the Da Vinci code, but this one was weak.

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Went to the cinema to see Shutter Island - what a movie!

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Amazon Women on the Moon crazy movie, some parts are much better than others though.

The Princess Bride, always a treat.

Conan the Barbarian, definitely the most epic movie I've ever seen. I haven't seen any movie that matched its raw power. The soundtrack and the art direction are just perfect.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Donnie Brasco. Not Pacino or Depp at their best.

Silence of the Lambs - Always a treat.

7. Ironhawk Skylord

I agree. It's really one of the best adventure/fantasy movies of the 80's.

I went into Arnold mode myself and saw Total Recall and Eraser. :D

8. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Clash of the Titans, remake. Acting was nice, animation/special effects were nice, a few of the "new" elements added in were nice, the references to the old movie were nice but the movie itself is barely decent.
    It suffered from an almost complete and utter lack of showmanship. The fact that the original movie was very well made only makes things worse for it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  9. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Book of Eli, it was quite enjoyable. Never imagined D. Washington as a swordsman type of guy. But at the end of the film, I can only describe it in one word, which can be a spoiler to some, so...

Zatoichi

10. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Saw Hellboy 2: The Golden Army and The Incredible Hulk recently.

Although, after seeing these images on Something Awful:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can only think of them as Bellboy 2: Revenge of the Elevators and The Incredible Sulk.

Amusing action flicks to watch, though. I also got the impression that Bellboy 2 was focusing more on displaying a wide variety of interesting monsters than focusing on any kind of story, but that didn't make it any less entertaining.

11. Caradhras

Media:
    @Henkie: Hellboy 2 isn't that bad. Any movie with Ron Perlman or with voicing by Ron Perlman is ok in my book. ;)

Anyway I've watched quite a few movies ever since I've posted in this thread.

What's eating Gilbert Grape... Fantastic movie with incredible performances by De Caprio and Depp.

Hitman... I like the the actor who plays the lead but the movie was so boooooring. I guess it was an ok action movie but I've probably seen too many of those and I've never played the game.

The Hand (one of the first movies directed by Oliver Stone), Michael Caine is excellent as usual. The film itself looks a bit old but it's a nice diversion. I enjoyed it.

12. Ironhawk Skylord

What's eating Gilbert Grape is awesome. :)

Just saw Time Bandits again. Priceless. :D

13. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I just watched District 9 for the first time today. I thought it started out pretty good, but then it got dumb and then I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Time Bandits ftw!!!1

14. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I agree Bellboy II: The Golden Stairs isn't bad, I even kind of liked the wild variety of new monsters that were introduced. Gives it a sort of spacy kind of atmosphere. Overall I liked it a good deal and I will probably watch again if I feel in the mood for a light and entertaining action flick.

And I noticed Bellboy was Ron Perlman about halfway through the movie. At first I wondered where I knew that voice from, and then it hit me: Perlman!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  15. Blades of Vanatar

Perlman is excellent in the Sons of Anarchy series.

16. Ironhawk Skylord

Saw Cutthroat Island again this evening.

Don't know why it tanked at the box office.

Really good pirate flick IMHO.

17. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Just watched kick-*** today. It really did kick ***. Hit-Girl and Big Daddy was really cool!

18. Caradhras

Media:
    I've finally watched Righteous Kill. It's incredibly bad, awful, terrible. I'm a big fan of Pacino (who turned 70 yesterday incidentally) and De Niro is probably one of the greatest American actors (if only for his earlier career) but... Even the presence of Carla Gugino didn't make the film watchable. That is a dreary, incredibly boring and predictable movie.

I need to watch the last Bond movies on my list or watch some John Carpenter's movies. Anything to get rid of the awfulness of watching Righteous Kill...

19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    The wife and I watched The Rocker last night on cable. Not a great movie, but it was enjoyable. The part that was killing her was she was convinced the movie was written for different actors and actresses, but they couldn't get or afford them

Rainn Wilson- Jack Black
    Emma Wilson- Lindsay Lohan
    The guy who played the music agent- Paul Giamatti

20. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Watched Gran Torino on Saturday. It was quite good.

Caradhras likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.