1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This is a great idea!
    But will we need passports to get in or out of the country?
    The island thing also sounds fine but I prefer a place(I don't care whether it's an island or not) with a Mediterranean climate.

I would like to be a blacksmith, forging swords, armor... and maybe money if need be. :D :p

[ June 07, 2003, 10:12: Message edited by: Alexander the Great ]

2. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

And I shall be the wise mage, cursing people on demand!(for the right prize of course) Spells of any kind can also be purchased!

Give me a nice, sturdy tower somewhere in a forgotten corner of the kingdom, and I'm satisfied!

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

So what are we going to do about a government?
    Are we even going to have one? And who will work in the fields and stuff?

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Alright, who wants a governmant position? There seems to be many people who just don't want one, so this will hopefully sort all that out.

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I could be no less than the wandering LG skald, who everyone talks about but never sees. Kinda like Elminster, but with less munchkin power.

Sidenote: Also, is there any way we could implement levels of power by postcount? Example, 100 posts = 1 level. I would be level 11.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    All bardic-types are welcome to "sing for their supper" (and lodging, perhaps) at my inn!

I'm enough of a busybody that - if there is to be such a thing - you can sign me up for a seat on the Town Council.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Personaly I'm against levels. Free form suits a DMless game better.

8. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Government? Ancient Greek democracy. The best(but not these days).

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I agree on that. But I will be a rebel soilder, of course. I don't care which goverment we have, because I WILL fight against it.

[ June 08, 2003, 23:33: Message edited by: Rutkowski ]

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well then why don't we give you the top government possition (what ever this maybe). That will stop you fighting against it ;)

I agree with Aikanaro about the level thingy. No need for levels because if you had levels then you would have to have classes and that would just get confusing (well for me anyway)

Oh and Alex, how does this aincent (sp?) greek democracy work?

11. Register Gems: 29/31

IIRC the acient greek democraty works something like this.

There is a group of high-men(the elites and no woman) that gather and votes of almost all things that needs to be voted about. Sorry bad explonation but I can't explain things good.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *slaps all the people suggesting a Greek democracy on behalf of the females of SP*

Hey!

:p

13. Register Gems: 29/31

[​IMG] Don't worry, all you gals can get nice jobs as barmaids and harlots. :)

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Rutkowski, do you REALLY want me to get my Staff of *****-slapping +5 and use it? :p

15. Register Gems: 29/31

You cannot hurt me Arabwel, if you read my post you would see what your jobs would be and I have protection. A condom to be exactly. :p

Also RotKU, if you puts me in a high goverment position I will retire and start a civil war.

You can't stop me. :)

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey Rutkowski - you are forgetting the mapper here. I could place a lava flow around your house :evil:

17. Register Gems: 29/31

Buttlicking mode =1

I say we have 8people for leader and allmighty god. :)

And how the map going?

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Rofl Rutky. (May I call you that?)

The map is so far three islands, It's gonna be a pretty strange climate area, while one island is slightly volcanic and has a tropical area another island is slightly more rocky and has normal forests.

19. Register Gems: 29/31

Please add one small but icy, just for the fun of it. That's why I like the IWD games.

And yes, yes you can. Just as you don't misspell my normal name.

20. Rotku

Umm... about that greek democracy thing, I say NO.
    I just think that it should be more like, ummm how to explain?

Ok, lets say we have a 'government' of just say ten people (can be changed, just using ten as an example). These people are the only people who get a say when laws (etc) are made. Maybe it could be like the Waterdeep govt. in that only one of its members are revild (sp?) to the citizens of The Kingdom of Sorcerers Place.
    Sorry if this is like what you were talking about, I didn't queit understand.

The map so far sounds great 8people :thumb:
    So are we going to have underground tunnels between them?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.