1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ohhh... spoil my life long dreams, of ruling an illusionary kingdom, then 8people :wail:

Oh, that was a question. Well it really depends which half of realistic you are talking about, now doesn't it. I thought you said "This world is atleast half relistic" saying that I couldn't be another Kalah. :D

[ June 02, 2003, 03:49: Message edited by: RotKU ]

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

How do you mean as realistic? As in not having much magic realistic or not having flying pigs and floating elephants realistic?
    Its sure to have magic, but it won't be like the discworld or anything.

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

What? No magic using orang-utans? Everybody needs one of them.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I meant realistic as in - not everyone rules the kingdom :p
    That should probably be left to Tally.

And surely there would be businesses and stuff needed to run the Kingdom Of Sorcerers Place, I suppose the people with under 25 posts will be doing the farms and stuff while the rest aspire to do something better.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I doubt that Tal will get involved, it doesn't seem to be his type of thing. And I also don't think it should be based on post count, anyone can aspire to anything. Of course, they may not succeed in their ambitions...
    If a lunatic wants to rule an illusionary keep he can, but that doesn't mean that he's king of anything else but his illusions.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Are you called me a lunatic Aikanaro? I think someone should be able to want to rule an illusionary keep without been called a lunatic :p
    But your darn right about the post counts. A lunatic with dreams of ruling his own illusionary keep and he can't just because his post counts are only two hundred and something. Now that just wouldn't be good would it :toofar:

Tal wont get involved 8people, as he said before;
    [ June 03, 2003, 08:58: Message edited by: RotKU ]

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Which is why he'd be the guy sitting on his throne drinking beer while the rest of SP pay for it :p

By the post count thing - I meant people that didn't post anymore, someone has to make the population.

I'll probably give a map a shot, it'll most likely be an island (Perhaps from the thread Taluntains' Island?) but we still need some geography for it, rivers, forests, hills/mountains, weather.

Any ideas?

8. Rotku

What are you planning to use to make this map. Hand? or some computer program?

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Maybe we should allow people to have a small number of alters for the purpose of roleplaying. You never know, some people might find it interesting to roleplay a farmer on the side.

I say give the island some mountains, an active volcano or two, some nice beaches and jungles, cliffs on some of the coast, underground tunnels, and your normal forest types.

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I find drawing by hand is easier.

So basically you want everything short of a desert and a glacier? Fair dos. Gonna be one big Island!

11. Rotku

Yeah, well you would need a big island for five thousand five hundred and something people to live on would you not. Could we not have more than one island. The kingdom of sorcerers place could be an group of islands, could it not? IMO that would be better than one island.
    I'd say only one, if any, active volcano. Underground tunnels, great idea. But there needs to be some sort of haunted (sp?) forest :thumb:

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yeah, a group of islands sounds good. Maybe linked by the tunnels?

13. Rotku

Yeah, tunnels would be good but I was thinking that it could creat a job for someone taking people from island to island on a boat. But tunnels would be cool! :thumb:

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Maybe the tunnels don't go to all of the islands. Or they are very good at collapsing?

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I say we takes the are from say, BG1, BG2 or BG2:ToB and deletes all NPC's and inserts the members there. Then we all know how it will look like and such.

For a great map over it all, look here.

16. Rotku

I disagree, this is the Kingdom of Sorcerers Place, which to my knowledge does not exsist in FR. And I think we should use something origanal (sp?).

17. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Can I run around stabbing people and NPCs to death?

I'll try to leave some for the little kids, I promise.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Shura, there is only one problem with that, there are no NPC's, only PC's. Other than that you can do whatever you bloody well like withing the rules of good roleplay.
    I also disagree with using the BG maps and stuff, FR has nothing to do with this place. Originality makes things more interesting.

19. Rotku

Ah yes you could run around stabbing every one but very soon you'll be stabbed your self (or dragged away to rot in my maigcly created dungon) by... yes I'll let that remain unsaid aye.
    No, on second thoughts I wont, by my army of summoned worshipers (talked about above).

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No, Shura, you can't.
    I will stab you with your own blade and I will laugh at you in your own way. ;)
    So sayeth Salem Soul-Saver. (Anyone with a harelip? Try that again.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.