1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Yeah, Aik. Shirkanth appears to be right. The god page is linked to My Documents/what-ever-Shirkanth-said-above.
    Oh and your new gem is confusing. Took me a while to work out who you were.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The Gods page is working just fine for me.

You may also notice that any reference (that I could find) of Ironwork has been deleted as by Tal's request. We need a name for this enemy. In fact, methinks we need to change parts of the history entirely. Specifically the first bit. As Tal did point out, SP never ran away from anything.
    I have a few ideas, but would prefer to meet you people in IRC to dicuss it.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

IRC?

And I thought you weren't going to have anything to do with this Tal? Except for collecting taxes iirc :p

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

IRC = Internet Relay Chat.
    In other words, I'm going to talk to you in the chatroom, at least when you're semi awake.

5. Rotku

What's wrong with not been semi awake?
    Thoughts come best when you are asleep.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The page is working for you because it links to a file on your hard drive. :heh:
    Won't work for anyone else, however.

And you have Darien Noella misspelled all over.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

*feels stupid*

Everything is fixed bar BTA's section. Typos will be dealt with soon. New sections should also appear in the near future.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] the enemies could be something like 'The Shadow Tide' a group of evil mortals and demoic beats bent on the destruction of mortal magic so the demons of the hells can take over.

9. Rotku

:lol:
    Well done Aik
    *Claps*

10. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] How about this for a begining?

Tal, a sorcerer living in the sword coast(?) grew tired of the callous and greedy ways of the ruler. So he decided to setup an alternative kingdom where taxes were low and the library was open to one and all.

The only people who paid taxes were the shopkeepers and hence they had the previledge to hawk their wares and make you wait whether you liked it or not. The nobility who could, paid taxes so they did not have to listen to that cackle. :hahaerr: :rolling:

About the NPC thing.
    How about the kingdom being inhabited by all the members of SP. Those who register with you get to be PCs and can modify their charecters. The others will just remain as NPCs under the command or of PCs (except mods n ops). I think 1 controlled NPC per PC could easily be done. The rest just farm. ;)

11. Rotku

:rolleyes:
    Have you read the previous posts?
    The Kingdom is not going to be based in the Forgtton Relms.
    And I think that idea with the NPCs has already been talked about as well, and was decided against.
    :rolleyes:

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

There will be NPC's, but a very limited number. PC's should always outnumber them, and half the time the NPC's will be in control of the PC's anyway.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] what about some of the more important NPCs? Will they be DM controlled?

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yes, so you better be nice to me when we plays. :)

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh really? :evil:

I have two neutral characters, though one leans towards evil. Perhaps I should torment you :evil:

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Do that and I'll make Baldak the diety return with his animal army and frag your ass! :D

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] wow... a Diety. What's that? :p

no - I will be a good person. And try not to be as annoying as I am on here.

18. Register Gems: 29/31

You're not annoying, annoying is when you haven't contributed anything useful to SP and still most people know who you are. Oh...

...Wait...

...The two of us are annoying. :(

Which brings me to my next question:

Aik, will you have a welcome PM as Taluntain have to direct people to how to play the game or how will you do to keep 'em in line. I wont be able to hold everyone back you know, I DO have a life. :p

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, if they break the rules of intelligence then they shall mysteriously disappear (probably more dramatic than that). The hell with a welcome PM, the people this is aimed at should be intelligent enought o read the section titled 'rules'.

20. Rotku

:lol:
    You are joking right? :confused:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.