1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Did you know that this is the 300th post about the Kingdom of SP. How is the web site going Aik. Did you and 8people work out a place where you can get a forum for free?

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

@ Velve.
    Sorry, I forgot about the Snow elves, Lol!

By the way guys, you can get free sites at that hyperboard place, but the over-abundance of pop ups gets irritating after about 20 seconds.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I think that's already been looked into. Not to sure though, I try to stay away from computer things like that as much as I can.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think we've pretty much figured that Invision is the way to go, as no one can figure out php.

5. Rotku

Cool, so how long will it take to get off the ground?

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Has this died, or does someone(Aik) still work on it?

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm still waiting for any news :wave:

[bitterness]I just hope it isn't another good idea doomed to fail [/bitterness]

oh well, I'm still trying to learn how to make a MUD (game played on the internet) for my land (see below) might make one for SP if I'm bored one day.

8. Rotku

Definitly hasn't died... I hope.
    I was waiting for someone to revive this thread, I would have, but I was the last one to post on it. I think now we are just waiting for the forum (Aik), the maps (Aik once again), and the list of creatures thingy (not Aik).
    So Aik, how is the kingdom coming along?

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Right, I have discovered something. I have no clue how I would be able to set up the forum. I'm about as clueless as it gets.

About the maps... *hits head* I have no conveniant excuse.

Edit: In other news, the website should be up sometime in the near future, though it shall only be a skeleton.

[ August 08, 2003, 14:44: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Aik, I can handle PHP,

and

8people, most MUD's are written in C or a version of C, it should not be taken lightly

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Ah, Morgoth. The question is, are you willing to handle PHP for this little project? :D

Right, website should be up. It is boring and crappy as of yet, and is missing many important things. I shall continue to make updates as things occur to me.
    Also, tell me if the Tolkien font worked out: http://www.freewebs.com/sprpg/

[ August 08, 2003, 16:27: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I hope for you that it is a little project :p

I'll see, send me a PM with the things that needs doing

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ahh, freewebs, the best websitecommunity on the web. I myself uses it for my own website. And how about an update?

14. Rotku

The sites ok. The rule system needs to be extended a bit. Most of the peoples characters need redoing. And what happened to these ops thingys? Oh and the web site, the rule/history/maps/deties sections need links back to the main page.

15. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Sounds good, but who will set this all up?

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Kovalis, methinks you've missed something... :p

RotKU, I agree with you on the rules thing, but I did make those up at about 1 am this morning, so you should excuse their crapness :grin:
    The ops thing will happen when someone can be bothered writing something on it. I think I'll do some later today.

17. Rotku

The crapness is excused, but I still not to sure about the ops...

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Tell me what is wrong with the op idea and it can be fixed or changed.

My scanner is ineffably worse than anticipated. I shall upload the 'map' soon, though it looks bloody terrible after been attacked by my scanner.

19. Rotku

...I just don't see the point in them.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Erm, to make the game more interesting? To give the DM's and Players more to work with? To stay faithful to the Sorcerer's Place setting? To have something unique?

You can't seriously tell me that having demi gods rocking around the world wouldn't be cool?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.