1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The dissapearence of Extremist? Godhood. The enemies can you put into the history, not in the religion. But that is just IMHO.

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Erran a paladin? Us former RC members know that he's a legendary bard, operating under the alias of Thomas the Rhymer! In the days before the war, Erran founded the great library of Sorcerer's Place - sited near Baldak's grove. In the library, Erran and a small staff of volunteers worked hard at reconstructing the heroic fables of olden days from the scraps of documents remaining from before the migration. Baldak the druid was persuaded to assist in the task, interrgogating the earth itself. In (Board Crash?) the west wing of the library collapsed, burying many ancient tomes and the resulting aftershocks led Erran to consider resiting the library. However, the library endured, and was largely passed over in the great war, remaining an oasis of tranquility in the days of chaos. With a constant influx of volunteers the library continued to blossom and grow. Eventually, in (year?) Erran withdrew to his study with several of his favourite tomes, and asked not to be disturbed. After about a day, when Erran did not emerge from the room and only silence was to be heard a servant looked in - only to find the books neatly piled and an unearthly glow permeating the room.

3. Register Gems: 29/31

Ok, didn't know that. Will consider a change.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Got the map! Sent it to Aiky, will send it to others when it's approved :thumb:

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Guys, where is this place on SP?
    Is it an invite only thing or what?

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Have you read through th topic or just the last page? Read through the topic if you'd like to join in.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

O, cool the maps. Are the places names? I can remember you asking if you should name the places or not. Can't remember the out come of that. Infact I don't think there was an outcome.

8. Daie d'Malkin

I've read through the topic, but where is this place. Is it in the roleplay bit, or somewhere completly new?

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

It is just north of the islands of (name of an island) and east of (name of some other place) found off the coast of the land now in possession(sp?) of Ironworks ;)

I don't think you quiet understand what this is. Are you certain you've read the openning post, and the links atached? Or am I just missunderstanding your question.

And Aik, what do you think of 8peoples maps?

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The map is very strange. I think that the tunnels are disproportionaly large for the islands, and I have no idea what some of those swirly thingies are. How far are you looking at the distances between each island?
    Send it to everyone who has requested it so we can debate what needs changing.

11. Rotku

I think the distance between the islands should maybe be a days sailing at the least. Two days horse back.

12. Daie d'Malkin

I mean where is it on the BOM?
    I have read most of the thread, and still don't know.

13. Rotku

:wave: Hello, it is just here :rolleyes:
    And there is also another part in the CS.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I thik I can see how you got the plaque...
    It isn't on the BOM, it is not going to be on the BOM. It is going to be completly indipendent of Sorcerer's Place.

15. Rotku

You should really read the rules before you say things like you just did Aik.
    Well 8people has sent me the map. They're pretty good, need a bit of work but still ok.

16. Register Gems: 29/31

She sent me that as well, but it was too big for me to see it all and to understand.

And RotKU:
    Sorry Tal, I just had to. He gave me a good chance so I really had to.

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No, you didn't. While he initially did something undesirable by the new rules, he was 100% right. So I wouldn't bother quoting that rule on him. I would have to on you though.

18. Rotku

Try looking at the map a bit longer, it becomes clearer, Velve. Here's what I got out of it.
    The big island to the top left is the main island is where the people of SP first settled. It has two big mountains, a beach on the east coast and a lot of forest on the opposite side.
    The island down in the bottem right corner is covered more or less in forest. It has a lot of small mountains/hills.
    The top right island is the ice island that Velve wanted. It has a mountain range running right across it and a bit lake at the back.

Then there are tunnels running between inhabbited with different creatures.

Oh and I was just wondering if there should maybe have been some plauge or something which has resently sweaped through killing most people.... Ok, maybe not a plauge, sounds a bit to much like NWN of my liking. How about we just came out of a war. This could explain the reason why there arn't many people in this kingdom.

[ July 05, 2003, 01:47: Message edited by: RotKU ]

19. Register Gems: 29/31

OK, now I understands a lot more.

20. Rotku

All you needed was an imagination ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.