1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Killsword

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by mark the beneficial shah, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

why even bother playing?

why not just remove all the creature files?

look! instant death! wow!

2. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, when the silver dragons illusion didn't work on me, and the drow attacked me reguardless, instead of starting a new game from scratch, i simply used that to kill them and get the EP. So that it wouldn't have been a total loss. (Wasn't my fault the game bugged out there.)
    So yes, there are uses for this tool. Not every battle is amuzing in the least. (my own word) ANyone remember Bards tale 3???? Every damn second you were attacked by a ridiculous ammount of monsters!!!! I gave up SO many times!!!! I just got sick of it. Besides in the title killsword it pretty much say cheat.

3. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] I wonder if this gets through my sorcerer's Protection from Magical Weapons, Protection from Elements and Protection from Magical Energy? If not so - try it on her and get you ass kicked marc!!!

Then again, Protection from Elements only blocks 75% of the damage, so she would still receive 375 fire and 375 cold damage, oh well... or does Prot./Mag.Weapons protect you from the sword's damage COMPLETELY?!

4. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Protection from enchanted weapons works. I've had a lich use it, and i sat there and just swang t'll my heart was silly. It's odd i still can't beat that damn indestructable shadow thief with it!!! The sword dosnt kill him!!!
    I think everyone here has to relax a little. It IS a game and WE want to have fun by it. We ALL live in a 3 dimentional universe (Well, i am alittle in a fourth due to certain paper things....) And should all love each other like a family of computer obsesive pholks.

5. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

As long as you don't go claiming it's not cheating, Mark, enjoy the killsword to your heart's content. It's not my cup of tea, but it doesn't hurt anyone else.

6. TGM Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Interesting...you can't kill Arkanis with that Killsword? Strange, because I (and I'm sure many others) managed to beat him at least two different ways. He is NOT invincible, and can be killed for sure.
    However, killing him will kill the game as well, because that way you won't be able to reach Brynnlaw in the future.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Arkanis Gath can be killed only by EXPLOITS (bugs) and by cheating.
    One of ways to kill him (cheating) I posted long time ago here when I ought to leave these boards because of flood of cheaters: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002859.html

No, you can't kill him with killsword.

Be warned that killing him BEFORE Chapter 6 really can have consequences that will destroy your ability to finish the game.

8. Namuras Gems: 13/31

He's very invincible, I'd say. Finger of Death. Watch his soul fly away. Die by his hand.

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

:rolleyes: the guy cannot be harmed by finger of death if you work for Aran Linvail.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 02, 2001).]

10. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

TGM, you probably waxed him while you were working for Bodhi. He's not invincible then.

11. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Wow, this reminds me of myself in the beginning, although i didnt use the Killsword i gave my chars all 25's and the full plate +1 large shield +1,+4 vs missiles and the defender (this was in BG1, so that was the best equipment), then i realized that the game was getting very boring so i stopped. I hope the same will happen for you Mark.

12. Xyclos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Nooo! From my thousands of years of experience (actually only 16) I've found that cheating realllly sucks. Even if you only use the sword to kill a couple of goblins, its still not a good feeling. Cheats ruin games. Without cheats, you'd spend around 50-60 fun hours in the game. WITH cheats prolly only about 10 hrs.

Firestorm is completely right, makes all games damn boring. Plus all your friends will laugh at you. Maybe not.

Then again, its just my humble opinion :D

13. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31

Possibly we all started cheating at the begining than we realized life was worth living as it comes.
    Hey, i needed to try all directions.

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] No pal, I haven't started with cheating so your presumption is not valid.

I know how to cheat, as you could see in many my previous posts. And where had I learnt how to do that? In "Cheater's Corners" here on SP! :flaming:
    Why must almost every single thread contain cheats? :rolleyes:
    If you think cheating is cool - make a thread that has the title "Cheating is coo!". I won't read it, I won't care about it, I won't flame it.
    I respect others that don't like cheating so every thread I started with cheats inside, have it noted in title. Just as I put (spoilers) in title if I talk about them. Do you think that those warnings are for nothing?

And remember, the question I always ask is:
    Can you finish the game WITHOUT cheating?

15. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] yes! i am one of your followers, extremist!!! i havent cheated yet, and i have nearly all the 'best' weapons in the game(except the killsword, of course)!! flail of ages, warblade, carsomyr, the gesen bow, crom faeyr, etc. i havent even attempted to download shadowkeeper!

16. Namuras Gems: 13/31

I've never cheated either, at least not in any serious game (games that I plan to complete some day). It's just not fun to play with cheats, they destroy the games.

17. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Well, this thread was called "The Killsword." Though some people unbelievably manage to think the killsword is not a cheat, it should be pretty clear to the rest of us that it's going to be a thread about cheating. (-:

Actually, I usually go the opposite direction, myself: I start out playing a game straight, then in later games I start using minor cheats to keep it more interesting for me. In BG2 my weakness is CTRL-J. I can't stand waiting for those characters to slowly mosey across the screen, so I usually just jump them down the pointlessly long hallway to Aran Linvail and across the map to the building I want and so on. But I definitely wouldn't recommend that if you haven't played the game two or three times already, because you wouldn't know which hallway would have a quest trigger on it or something!

18. DemoGorgon Guest

Well i agree the kilsword is a good weapon, I also agree it is a cheat. It is useful in some situations, but i never use it full time.

19. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Heck, if i'd known about the killsword, I would never have gone to all the trouble of making my own stuff. I made a ring that gives immunity to abjuration, so at least *something* was worthwhile.

Now if I can just figure out how to import the killsword into Icewind, I'm set for life...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

[​IMG] Ejsmith: Except that Abjuration PROTECTS you its a pretty good idea :p

Extremist: I have converted to your most holy order of non-cheaters, basically because you are right. (BTW, i Love the way you write coo!, Right now, its fun :D )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.