1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The identity of the Nameless One

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by jesper898, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Exactly. Player never finds it out. Nameless One does.

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Pretty much like I remembered it, thanks for posting it.

And correct, with 'simple thing' I in fact took it to be just a simple name. Like Jack, John, Fred, whatever. I think it fits the story better, but as it really isn't clearly said, feel free to discard my opinion as useless (everyone does that :p).

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Man that sucks! The whole damn game you hear everything TNO hears you feel everything TNO Feels you decide what TNO says and does, and must live with the outcome of it, and then the game keeps a secret for you.. it's not fair! I think the game did just drop from a 10 to a 8, I mean this is the same as in BG you should not find out you are a child of Bhaal! But I KNOW The name of the nameless one! Now it's clear to me! HE IS The mameless one! HIS name IS Nameless Think of it! That's why he knew it allready, thats why he doesn't know his name, that's why NOBODY does! But ectually they know it all since there is no name! So well it's back to a 9 now :)!

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've not thought about it all that deeply, but I like that Adahn/Adam thingy. Perhaps as the first man, he stands for all men. In fact, I'm sure I read some theory that in the original Hebrew(?) text of Genesis "Adam" might actually have been a word for man, and has been interpreted as one man's name "Adam" as the result of thousands of years of translations. So perhaps the nameless one is in some sense "Man" or "humanity".

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

But if you lied about the Adahn thingie enough times you got to meet Adahn yourself... More probable that the Adahn thing was just a nice surprise for people who went through with it, than his name really being 'Adahn'.

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Well I'm pretty sure his name is nameless. It just fits the story perfectly! Why do people get names? Listen to grace, Because of the things they do, Since Nameless is difrent in every life, there is no name that goes well on him, so that's why he doesn't have a name, or is simpoly named nameless, because he didn;t deserve a name. (Or didn't want one since he was evil, Know what I mean?) That explains why he said But... It was like, if I have no name why? And then he relised it. It makes sence to me :)!

7. Trias Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I read somewhere that his name could be Yemeth,an evil mage who steals souls to extend his own life.

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] This could have been one of the names people did give to him... But there are many more! By the way (And a bit off-topic :) ) What was the name (And zombie number) Of that blind archer, that did travel with you in an other life?

9. Trias Gems: 3/31

Xachariah or something similar...

[This message has been edited by Trias (edited April 25, 2002).]

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Thanks, Now al I must do is find him again :)!

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

But Nameless One is an earned name, not his real name. We're discussing his real name here.

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] No look that's the entire point, he had his earned name already when he was borned! That's why he set but... It was in like but how did me mother know that this would happen to me back then? So now one question comes to mind, who was his mother?

I was once thinking of Ravel, she is older than he is and loves him but maybe: Loves him like a son!

13. Trias Gems: 3/31

No,the name he received when he was born is given,while the other are earned

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] So, why can't you earn the name that is given to you? I know a girl names Angel, and she is so nice and so political corect, that she could exually be an angel...

If Ravel is his mother she could have *seen* things and she *Know* what would happen to him, so that's why she gave him his earned name allready, or maybe didn't bother of giving him a name at all, what again makes him nameless..

and now I hear you saying: But...

15. Trias Gems: 3/31

Do you remember the conversation with Grace about names?
    You earn a name by your actions...

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Yes I do remember that's the whole point! some people have names some people earn names...

But some times, people get the name that they earn... that's all I'm trying to say...

17. Trias Gems: 3/31

Whatever...we don't know his name,nor we will,so it's pretty useless keep talking 'bout that...

18. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

I wonder if anyone else came up with the brilliant idea Ravel was actually Nameless One's mother :rolleyes:

Ravel: "Nameless One, join me and we will rule the galaxy together as mother and son! You can defeat Transcendent One, he has foreseen it!"

But remember the portal to Ravel's maze? It could be opened only if you had a part of Ravel, or her children with you. Even if you tried without the blood from her daughter, it wouldn't work. So Nameless One can't be Ravel's child, otherwise the portal would've opened. Ha! ;)

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] The portal would have opened if nameless one was a part of Ravel... that sounds so true, but what if the portal didn't open because the nameless didn't know he was a part of Ravel? I mean sometimes you need more than just a key to open a lock, you have to turn it to open it. Since nameless had know idea he was the key, he didn't work as key...

But maybe he wasn't ravels son, and than we are back by the begining who is TNO?

Then again, maybe I'm wrong but, that Practical incarnation, I don't think he did al the things that he says he did, he couldn't have done it all! I maen if you listen to Morte, he did travel with A LOT of incarnations. Pharot was already old when he did meet the practical incarnation Musn't he be dead by now?

And one more thin Dak'kon and Morte must have been with the nameless one before, but I never hear them talk about the 2 of them traveling togheter. They didn't loose their mind So DAK"KON must KNOW Morte when he entered the smoldering corpse bar and Morte should have said something when he recognised Dak'kon.

and about Ignus TNO teached him to use fire and spells but when? Did he teach him in the life before the one you play? His girlfriend is pretty young, so it couldn't be that long ago.

And then Annah: Where was Morte when Annah found TNO? If he was hanging in shadows than he must have recognised Annah, and if you know Morte he WOULD have said something about this...

Final question who btought Morte to the mortuary? Why didn't Morte know about Deionara?

20. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The Nameless One can't be Ravel's son mostly because she was in love with him.

There was a reference to Dak'kon and Morte traveling together when you use the stone in the statue room. The nameless one says all of the companions names "Morte, Dak'kon, Xacharaiah, and Deionnara" (I believe that was the order but it's not important)

And, as Morte and Dak'kon mentioned in some of the individual dialogue, they both didn't like the incarnation they were with before. They didn't want to talk about him.

In order for you to learn Ignus' spells you have to talk to him extensively

(btw) these questions are all pretty off topic here

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited April 26, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.