1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The "I Hate NWN" Faction for IWD2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Mathetais, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Okay, I know that there are some of us who for our own reasons are *NOT* playing NWN.

Who will join me!?!

Let us band together, let us shun the NWN forum, let us tell ourselves that even though our computers are too slow to run NWN that we are still better people. :lol: :spin: :hahaerr::heh: :good:

2. Yes! I shall join this noble cause! I can see through all the cool effects, toolsets, modules, massive multiplayerness, and 10/10 reviews! I know what's what!

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey Mathetais - I will play IWD-2 even though I can play NWN and enjoy it - for one simple reason: There can be no doubt about that, per design, IWD-2 will be the better single-player game ;)

4. So instead of "the One Game" We have the "Twin Games" to rule them all? :p:p;):)

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think it should be:

one D&D to rule them all, lets face it, the BG saga, IWD/2, NWn, are all great games! I personally may not be able to get IWD2 due to me annoying my mother over NWN but I shall persivere! one small step for me, one big step for amazon.co.uk!

6. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Ummm... forgive me if I'm wrong Mat, my dear fiery cleric, but... don't you have NWN and aren't you playing on the ALFA server? :p

Aaah what the heck... sign me up! :grin:

Ragusa: I agree with every word in your post above. :)

:hippy:

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] LOL!
    Yeah....yet another Infinity engine game where you go around in yet MORE snow killing yet MORE of the same goblins. I now simply find the BG and IWD games plain boring compared to the beutiful NWN! And it's story kicks ass :p ;)

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

eveningdrive ... I have NWN, and I joined ALFA, but my crappy computer won't run the blasted game! :toofar:

So this thread is pretty much "sour grapes" ... but I'm allowed a petty moment every now and then ;) :good:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  9. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

Damn! Mat, that just plain sucks. :nolike:

10. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm with you Mat!

Actually, I was one of that small 4% number of people that in the weekly poll chose "I will buy IWD2 and will not buy IWD2".

And I will even try to apply ;) to become the online solution writer for IWD2 on SP....

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I see no reason that you can't like both games. I enjoy NWN mostly for the module building and I'll enjoy IWD2 for it's action. These are two different things and are not at odds with each other. Why much I hate NWN to like IWD2? As said above they are all D&D so I see no conflict between them.

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, I'm not a NWN hater. It's just that IwD1 grabbed me by the balls, and I'm not sure IwD2 is going to let me have them back.
    *sigh*
    Unless, of course, Jermey Soule's replacement completely blows it...

Besides, I haven't the slightest idea what the story behind NWN is anyways. All I really know is that it's 3d, and uses 3rd edition.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  14. Well, I personally have a reason to hate NWN at the moment, It requires a monster of a PC and I dotn have one.

Besides, IWDII will have about the same system specs as BGII had.

P.S.
    I dont care for 3D in computer games, it just looks even more fake to me

15. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm with you good Mathetais! I have the same problem...except that I looked at the game specs before buying it, and thus know that my BLASTED computer won't run it. So, yeah! Down with NWN and up with IWD2!

[This message has been edited by Faerus Stoneslammer (edited July 22, 2002).]

16. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I'm in!

Anything resembling BG2 is for me. :)
    Sure, I have NWN and I haven't made it any further than mid-chapter 1 so I can't make a definitive judgement on NWN yet.

All the rave reviews of NWN are a pile of BS! Really, I think they are.
    Check out the graphics: all the characters look like they are cut from a piece of wood and the woodcutter never got around to polishing the edges. They look like they were made with Poser 2 or something. :o
    Another thing is that NWN is slow as molasses. Is it necessary to get a $300 graphics card to make it run smooth? :mad:
    I long for IWD2! :love:

17. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I will rise up and join the noble cause. I too cannot play NWN due to machine not being godlike and therefore say it is crap.

In true British spirit i am racist against anyone who lives more than 2 miles away and hate anything that i can't see or play.

Roll on IWD2! :evil:

18. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

[​IMG]
    :lol:

That was really funny Sir Poodle! Very true though... :)

19. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Um...Hi. My name is Sapiryl, and, *sob* my computer won't play NWN!

Actually, it will, but I don't have internet access and besides, TOB has about the same length single player story line as NWN.

Go IWD2!!! :tie: :tie:

20. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] :grin: I'm in! I do have the 'monster comp' to play NWN and the money to buy it BUT the evil virus known to it's friends as Windows (tm) decided to cripple my hard drive, readin my 30 gb with 14 gigs free as a 30 gb with a mere 4 gigs free :cry: evil machine

But IWD 2 wont need that much space so ..... :grin::D:shake::D:grin:

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited July 12, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.