1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Great Book BETA 0.83 released

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Baronius, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

One thing.
    "Location" - "Items"
    Ring of Wizardry. Haven´t played in a while but I´m pretty sure there is one under that tree right under F.A.I
    Dont remember the exact location numbers, but I could check if you wanted.

I dont have to much to do this weekend so I´ll read through it and keep posting things as I remember them if you want :)

[EDIT]
    As I´m reading I see that there is quite some items that are not in the list yet.
    I suppose it´s easier to check locations in another guide than playing through the game though. But I suppose it´s tips for strategies and such you´re more interested in than locations?

2. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Thank you for your remark about the Ring of Wizardry. I would be most grateful if you sent me the details where it is. Certainly everyone who helps gets fair credit in the final version.
    I have known about that ring, but AFAIK a patch removes it. But nevermind, I will mention this too.

As far as this versions is concerned, it is absolutely not complete, a lot of items, descriptions, quotes etc are missing. Much more content will be added until the final version. But the "Read of address" error is the worst thing, this must be fixed somehow. Too bad I do not have much time usually. Summer will be better, but certianly the development will not stop until then either.

3. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Sent a PM :)
    I have BG (the five disc verision) and ToTSC installed. Dont know if there is a patch to totsc and if I used it if there is one.
    But for me the ring is there. I´ll check what verision I have tomorrow if needed.

4. Baronius

Thanks, I got the PM.
    By the way, do you not get that "Read address..." error ? You haven't mentioned it, so I ask it.

For the TotSC patches, check http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_misc.php
    Don't download the first one (the bug-fix) patch though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  5. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Nope, the Great Book has worked perfect for me so far :)

I reinstalled everything not to long ago.
    And I have this installed:

BG (5 disc)
    TotSC (bgtosc_intl patch)
    (And the The Gray Clan mod, not that I think that will affect anything.)

Also, I started a game this morning with a F/M/T and I´m doing some serious pickpocketting. So I´ll try to keep track of wands and srolls if that is of interest.
    I found a guy with a scroll of flame arrow and haste that I didn´t know of :)

He is in the Docks area in Baldurs Gate though and by then you should already have those spells, but still :)

6. Baronius

I gladly hear (see) that GBBG works fine for you. Sometimes it works properly for me either.

Let's limit this thread to the discussion of GBBG. Since you mentioned that mod, let me share some information here, but no more about it in this thread: Uninstall or remove The Gray Clan from your system, this is strongly recommended for everyone who installed the beta. Its plot breaks early, so the beta is bad for players. The full (and working) version will be released soon.

[ February 21, 2004, 20:42: Message edited by: Baronius ]

7. JulianMt Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You are my hero(after Kalid)

Where do you get the energy from.

Loving fan

8. Baronius

[​IMG] @JulianMt: please keep in mind that this topic is limited for posts related exclusively to the testing, technical and content aspects of Great Book application. Use PM (Private Messaging system) for comments that do not fit the conditions above.

Notice: This has been so for a long time but I think I have not told it yet: if anyone thinks he has anything that could be added to the content of GBBG, feel free to send a mail or PM to me. Suggestions and opinions are certainly still welcome in this topic, in form of (public) posts.
    Contributors will certainly get fair credit in the final version.

EDIT 10.03.2004
    Development stopped for undetermined time.
    Lite version released. Beta 0.83 also remains available.

[ March 10, 2004, 17:54: Message edited by: Baronius ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.