1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Game Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Playground' started by dmc, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It's been over a month... hijack time!

"The old man was always one for melodrama. Too bad he had no head for business."

2. VeryLich Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Far Cry

3. Ziad

Media:
    All yours VeryLich.

4. VeryLich Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"Ignore her, Captain! Destroy the stone before it leads others to doom!"

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Just to bump the game along: Dungeon Siege?

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ok to long. I'm jacking this thread.

"May we be friends till the day I die in horrible screaming agony"

7. Ziad

Media:
    This has been dormant for a long time, so I'll throw in another quote.

"Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand, Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer of Woundin' and Returnin' and Shootin'-Lightening-Out-Yer-Bum is?"

8. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That one was almost a given.

[​IMG] Planescape: Torment. The old hag roaming by the pillar of names outside the Mortuary says that wonderful, wonderful line.

9. Ziad

Media:
    That's the one. Sorry for taking so long to confirm it.

Your turn Ziggyfeld.

10. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31

While we're on the subject of long and convoluted quotes, here's a classic one. Bonus points if you can name to whom the quote is addressed.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise in a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the Nine Hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Baldur's Gate - addressed to the hermit guy off the road in one of the bits between Beregost and Nashkel.

12. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31

Whacky fun for the entire family.

[​IMG] Well done. Have a Portalbendarwinden-on-a-stick, Aikanaro!

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Bah, forgot about this.
    Don't know if this one's going to be impossible or not, but I guess there's only one way to find out...

'launch detected'

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Starcraft

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Nope. Entirely possible it does show up in Starcraft, mind you - I haven't played it.

edit: Having been playing the game a bit, it actually seems that 'launches detected' is more common, or to probably be a little more correct 'LAUNCHES DETECTED' :p

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Right, so the game probably is too obscure (though I know someone has mentioned it here before). If no one gets it after this, I'll try and find something else.

'London hit: 2.1M dead'

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Dead.

18. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Highjack time.

"Countless legions of our enemies have I struck down. For some, death was not an adequate punishment. Our revenge will be swift and decisive to all who stand in our way!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.