1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Game Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ziad, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ok, here are some hints:

Its a pretty recent adventuregame.

The protagonist is a noble (In this quote, "Sir" refers to his standing in society, instead of just being used as adressing anybody :) )

2. StarWolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Once again, I'm without a clue, but I'll give it yet another shot, just for the heck of it. Hmm... How about... Shining Tears? I know it could be considered more of an RPG, but that's the only recent action oriented/adventure game set in medieval times that I can think of... That, and it has one heck of a cool wolf character.

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I'm going to go with Syberia I or II. Have not played either so don't know from which one it is. If that ain't correct I still have a third game in my mind but I'll wait for you to confirm this guess first. ;)

4. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

Nope, neither of those.

I think I should point out that it is not set in the middle ages. It is set between 1950 and 1990 (I'm not giving the exact time. But you actually get to see the exact year the game is set in, in the game.)

Another hint: The game is []not[/] by a North American company (Canada and the US)

P.S.: Do me a favour and don't use the words "Action" and "Adventure" in the same sentence. It sends shivers down my spine. Nah, kidding. But in this case it is really a pure adventuregame. Though it has a few timed sequences... ;) :)

5. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm thinking another hint is in order. ;)

6. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

Hmmm...okay. Although it is difficult to give a hint without making it too easy. Okay, here goes:

- The name of the game is also the name of a place where the game plays.

- The line is said by a servant (I'm not saying which kind of servant).

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

gabriel knight?

8. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

No, its not Gabriel Knight.

Here are some more hints:

- The company that made the game is from Eastern Europe

- The first thing that happens when you start a new game: You witness a mysterious murder (and yes, it is still mysterious, even though you saw it)

9. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Last Express?

Though I don't think that's between 1950 and 1990.

10. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

No, it's not The Last Express.

Another hint:

Apparently, the English voice acting was not very well done (though the german one was).

11. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Maybe another hint is in order? Pretty please? :)

12. StarWolf Gems: 1/31

Well... since it's been several days since anyone has posted here, I thought I'd get the game rollin' again... So, here's my IJ...

"Now, this is my kind of rain... No wonder the clouds looked so funny today..."

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ghosts n Goblins?

14. StarWolf Gems: 1/31

Nope. I guess I'll give ya a hint...

It's a fairly recent game, coming out just a few months ago, and was acclaimed as extremely hard. The U.S. normal diffuculty was the same as the Japanese Hard.

15. Morgoroth

Devil May Cry 2?

16. StarWolf Gems: 1/31

Oooh... So close. Extremely close. I'll give you another hint, but I hope it's not too obvious.

Morogoroth is right about Capcom making it, but Devil May Cry 2 is a bit old to have come out a few months ago. That's all I'm going to say though. Has to be a bit of mystery remaining...

17. Morgoroth

Devil May Cry 3? ;)

18. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

I'm sorry that I didn't post. IGCSEs start next week, and I was studying most of the week.

In case anybody is interested, the quote was from the Adventure game "The Black Mirror" by the Czech company "Future Games". The line was said by the Butler Bates when knocking on the door of the room of the main character, Samuel Gordon, after the second death.

19. StarWolf Gems: 1/31

Heh... Was that last hint too obvious?

Yea, Dante says that in the cutscene right before mission 7, after catching Lady as she fell from the tower in the game. Almost imedeatly after saying the line, Lady shoots Dante, in the head, twice.

One of the more comical moments in the game.

20. Morgoroth

This should be an easy one.

"With this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.