1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Game Pantheon

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, May 15, 2012.

1. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Damedog's Pantheon:

1) PS:T
    2) Chrono Trigger
    3) Star Ocean
    4) Suikoden II

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    BG series
    PS:T
    Gold Box Games (including the Krynn ones as well)
    Ultima I-IV
    Wizardry I

Honorable mention to:

Adventure - Colossal Cave (mainframe)
    Zork I and II (Apple 2)
    Kwll (mainframe)
    Trek (mainframe)
    Bard's Tale (Apple 2)
    Castle Wolfenstein (Apple 2)
    Lode Runner (Apple 2)
    Might & Magic (Apple 2)
    Dungeon Master (Apple 2)
    Scott Adams Graphic Adventures (Apple 2)

(probably before most of your times - I hesitate to even estimate how many hours were spent playing these various games, as it might add up to more waking hours than half the members of this board have been alive!!)

3. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Over the years, there have been so many games which have eaten my time, it is hard to pick a true Pantheon of games but heres a few suggestions:

C64:
    Gunship
    Treasure Island Dizzy
    Magic Land Dizzy
    Rick Dangerous

Amiga 600:
    K240
    Colonization (everytime I think of this game my mind plays 'Bonny Morn' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz0FWO6STGQ , I can remember hearing that for the first time and thinking how wonderful it sounds).
    Cannon Fodder
    Monkey Island I and II

NES:
    Link the Legend of Zelda

SNES:
    Chrono Trigger (amazing)
    The Secret of Evermore (amazing)
    Desert Strike - Return to the Gulf
    The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the past

Mega Drive:
    Shining Force II

PS1:
    Wing Commander - The Price of Freedom
    Resident Evil

PC:
    Grim Fandango
    Metro 2033
    Fallout New Vegas
    Dungeon Keeper
    F.E.A.R
    Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption
    Bioshock

Last edited: May 17, 2012
    Master of Nuhn likes this.
  4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    God, I can't even begin to fathom how much time I spent playing Civ II and the Test of Time expansion/remake. Easily my favourite in the series.

On a side note, my iPad autocorrects the string "II" to "III" for some reason...

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

SF I & II were both tons of fun with a huge replay options. I should of added them to the list as well.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I remember playing both of these, and in hindsight, I under-appreciated them. Had I been older when these games were popular, they would have eaten up a huge amount of my time. But these games got their start when I was around 10. I remember playing them, but I wasn't really into RPG gaming at that age. If I was about 5 years older, I probably wouldn't be able to resist playing them constantly. And by the time I was 5 years older, there were better RPGs available for consoles.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Shoshino, that's a nice link to Bonny Morn :) The music on my PC was a little less advanced, though, but still nice.
    Also, you've mentioned Mobkey Island 1&2, but not 3. Didn't you play it, or don't you like it as much? (MI 4 and later were sad, btw. Didn't like the graphics)

8. Shoshino

Media:
    no, I never played the third one, just the first 2

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Baldur's Gate 2
    Civilization 1 & 4
    Neverwinter Nights 1 (for the online play and community modules)
    Europa Universalis 3

Those five games have eaten up for too much of my time over the years. No other game comes anywhere near those five.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Earthworm Jim was awesome ! (Dunno if it'll make you feel old, but I was six when that game came out)

As far as the 2600 is concerned, I've never actually seen one. I know it exist, I've seen pictures and videos of it online, but that's all.

I should probably mention Metal Gear Solid 3 on ps2 as an honorable mention
    especially for this little dialogue alone :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    The glories of 4-bit gaming. It had 128 bytes of RAM. That's bytes - not 128K - just 128.

I'm pretty sure I was a teenager.

Edit: NOPE! Wiki says it was released in 1994 - I was 20. (Provided it was released on or after May 25th of that year.)

12. Shoshino

Media:
    Earth Worm Jim was a very enjoyable game.

why are you raving about the 2600 though, it was $h!t, I rather the old C64 to the 2600.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Sorry for the delayed response - just saw it now. My "raving" was an attempt at sarcasm.

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There was another game that I played over and over as a young kid... Telengard. My first real dungeon crawl. I happened to notice it on abandoware.com. Very old school game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.