1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Fat Egg

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by the god, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The reason was that the people who tried to come here and harass him were idiots. Unfortunately very few boards have such high standards and expectations of their posters as we do. When their members are let loose they try to wreak havoc, spam and insult in every way possible while guests on another message board. It didn't work, of course, but as I said, they were idiots.

Anyway, I'm not bringing this whole thing back again, it was enough of a waste of time back then. You'll probably find explanations if you dig back far enough.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Tal, i was wondering and please correct me if i am wrong as this is purely out of phased memory but, weren't there instances of really old topics and threads being deleted after reaching a certain age? I can't put my finger on it but i'm sure i heard that somewhere ... it may have been my imagination but i do think i remember someone telling me that. So if true, would it not be imposible to bring back up old files once erased?

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

No. Virtually all old posts can still be accessed. The ones that aren't there any more are due to deliberate deletion by the mods, or something like what happened a couple of weeks ago, and the server mucks up deleting some posts (that was the first time that I recall that happeneing anyway). Old posts don't get deleted here. On other boards they do though, but those are generally the ones with much higher traffic, like BIS.

4. Hm... yess... where did everyone go? It's been so long... And, does anyone remember Dudette? :evil: Extremist... ;)

5. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Through my wanderings of old posts, I noticed a few missing people...

Herf, Capstone, Gash, Vermillion.

Im sure there are more but those are the few I noticed lately.....

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] and Duskai, and Moeken, and Satiana's not around as much...

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Bel, Satiana was in the chatroom a couple of days ago :p

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited March 06, 2002).]

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] It does seem that people come and go. I have been here for a while and have witnessed many regulars fading away.
    I have remained even when not playing the games covered here (I just started BG2 again) because it is a well administered board without much of the nonsense that you find elsewhere.
    Thanks Tal.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What happened to creativity surge king Kaylinne Joahanne(sp?)?. That man had some wild stories. And I actually miss Dragon903 too, that kid was funny.

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I come when i can, when i have a query, have an answer, have a thought, or for no particualr reason, i just come on.

I came here when i was only 15 ... and now at 17 i am living my life as i can ... wondering how the hell i'm going to afford driving lessons, a car, insurance, petrol, a decent sound system to instal into the car, alloys, any other odd bits to the car, a holiday with 10 mates and my girlfriend in august and not to mention a new bass guitar! Damn ...

Kitiara, i also noticed those mentioned absence ...

11. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] i'm reviving this topic, it'd be fairly pointless to start a new one as the question is essentially very similar.

this week i have mostly been... reading posts and topics by kasio. (check out his last topic, then back-link from there if you're a newbie: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000625.html) -they are bloody hilarious. i have never witnessed a more narrow-minded individual. :grin: so, anyway...

who was the most annoying person on the boards?

:alien: :alien: obviously don't include anyone who is still around, that'd be too mean (but you can include me, i've got a sense of humour) (it's my sixth).

12. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Why my good Ettercap, it would be horribly rude if we awarded the title of most annoying person to anyone alive. So...who is it?

13. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Yeah kasio aka Noober :rolleyes:... You know reading those old posts, I realised how tolerant the people in general and the mods in particular are at this forum. Noober's (ie kasio's) posts are funny when you read them now, but I think back then he must have been bloody annoying.

My favorite is his rant about how red pianos ruin BG2... :toofar::aww:

14. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Fat Egg is just another member of the SP community. The name is self explanatory.

15. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Yeah, Why can we all just stick around when we get here. :1eye:

Capstone- Where did the common sense of SP go?

And Of course the story teller Kailynne's departure is "shrouded in mystery"

Most annoying person? The guy putting in all those speilling mistakes in my posts :D

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Me and Herf used to fight alot, well argue alot when he used to post here... but he wasn't annoying. I actually enjoy a good argument or three

17. The Amazing Oopah Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

And Gash/hooligan_inc, what ever happened to him?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.