1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Fantastic Four

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Shalladeth, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Newfie Banned

And Runequester, don't forget Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy(28 Days later), Rutger Hauer, and Katie Holmes.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, I definitely can't wait for Batman Begins. Christian Bale has the polish that he'd need as Bruce Wayne and the bad ass attitude that Batman requires :cool:

And I desperately need another Batman movie to remove the sour taste that Batman and Robin left in my mouth. Curse Joel Schumacher :mad:

3. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Ok, so now I'm not looking forward to F4 anymore. I hadn't read the script, but if it's going to end up anything like Catwoman, I won't even watch it if it comes on TV. Still, I'll be curious to hear what folks think of it if anyone sees it in the theater.

Batman Begins looks great.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am going to watch it - if only for Ioan.

So sue me.

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Seen a Teaser for Batman Begins and f*** me if it doesn't look awesome!! Still can't get my head around Michale Caine as Alfred. Guess I'm stuck with the idea that Michael Gough should retuirn to the role and Pat Hingle should still be Comissioner Gordon. Give those guys a decent script (not like the last 2 Batman movies) and they own those roles.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Val kilmer's Batman wasn't that bad :p

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The biggest mistake Val made was that he smiled in the role. As Batman no less. Batman NEVER smiles. Bruce may, but never Batman.

8. ethis123 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

quote:
    am going to watch it - if only for Ioan.

So sue me.

Ahh that Hornblower (it was a TV show about this english navy... ohh forget it) he has that affect on females, I think I speak for most straight males when I say I will be watching it - if only for Miss Alba

9. Arabwel

Media:
    *snicker*

Never watched Hornblower... I blame King Arthur.

10. ethis123 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You should its kinda like pirates of the Caribbean minus the comedy. So really nothing like it then...

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For some reason I just can't get excited about F4 - at least not very much. And I think the reason is Jessica Alba.

Don't get me wrong - I'd have to be a butt-pirate to not be excited by Alba (every guy on earth knows what I'm talking about here). But it's a different kind of excitement. Sue Storm has always been portrayed as a blonde-haired, blue-eyed red-blooded American girl (or Arian poster-girl, whatever you're into I guess). I just can't get past the fact that underneath, I know "the drapes don't match the carpet," so to speak. I know she's Latino - ie, dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin - so it's just not working for me.

This seems like an insignificantly lame detail - and it is, I admit - but I just can't seem to get past it.

I kinda felt the same way about Sin City. "Skinny little Nancy Callaghan" didn't look Irish at all - she looked like a smokin' hot latina with a dye job on her hair.

Because of this one little detail, the whole thing takes on an air of unbelievability that kind of kills my anticipation. Which is odd that fake hair color can make me skeptical about the substance of a movie containing a man made of orange rock - but I'm wierd like that.

Anybody with me on this? Or am I nutty? Beuller?

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

F4 looks okay, but I feel a little less for it then other movies. I do want to see Iron Man, but I can really picture Tony Stark played by Johnny Depp. He's got the charisma.

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I never really liked FF when I was younger, so I'm not all that excited about the movie. I can't really see Ioan Gruffud as Reid Richards, TBH - he just seems a little too young for the role.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    yeah, Ioan is a bit young, being all of 32 or so... but I am pretty sre he can pull it off.

(And Johnny as Tony Stark? Excuse me if I wibble.)

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The FF have a particular flavour that I doubt will translate to the screen very well. They were Marvel's flagship for quite a while (at least until the Uber hip X Men came along. Reed Richards is far too intellectual a character to really translate well to the big screen, and if the SPFX suck as badly as many here are indicating, this will be a rather unfortunate foray into comic mainstreaming.

To be fair, I didn't mind the trailer all that much, and maybe if Jessica

a) gets naked and
    b) stays visible while so doing

the film might be OK!

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Just saw it. It wasn't great, but I wasn't expecting that. It was entertaining and that was good enough for me. The guy that played Human Torch definitely made up for being such a lameass in "Not Another Teen Movie" by being such a badass and ladies man here. Also, Jessica Alba definitely floats my boat. She can get angry at my ass anytime, I can be into that kinda stuff ;)

17. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Well, you get one outta two. That ain't bad, right?

As Enag said, it was entertaining--I was smiling or laughing through the bulk of the film. Worth watching.

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I watched it last night, and I was expecting pure cheesy crap, but I actually enjoyed it, though it was far from perfect. I might even be so bold as to say that it better than Batman Begins!

[ July 27, 2005, 11:11: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

FAR too bold friend :p

20. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Better than Batman: Begins!!!!?... such filth mst not be spoken :p But i havent seen it yet so I cant relly have a balenced opinion :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.