1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Exile of Liriyen Faey (FA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by 8people, Jan 29, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The skeleton paused
    "I cannot grant thee what thee already possesses, Some things must be searched for. As for thy sword, it is true to the purpose." The skeleton tapped its skull "Just think before you act, some may prove more of an ally than an enemy. Does thee require more services?"

2. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

"How long have you been lying here?"

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The skeleton sighed
    "Lyeth I not for sitting I do, you cannot play and lie down at the same time. If I had lain down I would have gone into an unmovable postition - while sitting I retain my mobility."

4. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

"That doesn't answer my question; how long have you been lying in this dungeon? I think you have lied here long enough, skeleton. Give me your harp, and free your spirit."

[ February 02, 2003, 16:49: Message edited by: Ancalìmon The Wise ]

5. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Liriyen reaches in to take the harp but the skeleton knocks her hands aside
    "Hast thou thought I may like to live? I may have served my purpose but I like existing, the harp has nothing to do with my soul. I am the only one able to use it. Would you rather it's secrets were lost to time?" Liriyen scowled
    "Answer my questions."
    "I have been here for centuries. So not that long."

6. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

"Fine then. Imbue my sword with iron-cutting strength! I'll slash my way out of here!"

7. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The skeletal gave a dusty chuckle
    "Thou art no figher, thou is a mage. if leaving ths place is your aim then be watchful and use you mind to it's greatest extent. The sword whould only be backup." Liriyen stood thoughtfully
    "Got any hints?"
    "Avoid the violence, wherever possible, I'd try and get your spells focused. Leave this place and find a place to rest."

8. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

"Well then, could you teach me any spells?"

9. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The skeleton paused
    "Aye, that I could. I have the knowledge of Flam of Mind, Psiwave and Voice of Mind. Each may prove useful in some circumstance. Flame of mind will create a small yet powerful flame to strike and oponent or an invisible heat force that can last longer and used to set things alight or melt things. Psiwave causes mental vibrations that travel through the air, setting enemies off-blance and often shattering glass and china. Be careful when using it. Voice of Mind creates a distraction. It causes up to four people to hear a voice within their minds, of a memory or deceased relative, though it can be often a song playing annoyingly in ones mind or an irritating sound, never can you tell. I shall instruct you on their use...."

Inv
    Liriyen has very few items atm.
    Black dress (worn)
    Seven gold pieces
    Silver hair clips (worn)
    Silver sandals (worn)
    Ring of Faey (worn)
    Blood vial pendant on a silver shain (worn)
    Draten Sword (Equipped)
    Scabbard (worn)

Spells
    Telekinetic blast (Creates an explosion
    Pense (able to detect people nearby)(unfocused)
    Mind over Body (Transfer pain onto another being or inanimate object)
    Erase (Removes memories of another being)
    Telekenesis (Ability to move things with the mind)
    Fatigue (Makes up to seven people very sleepy)(now only 6)
    Wandering mind (ability to let your mind travel out of your body and explore, almost undetected. Body remains in a medatative state.) (unfocused)
    **NEW** Flame of Mind (Creates a small powerful flame or a patch of hot air) (unfocused)
    **NEW** Psiwave (Creates mental vibrations confusing/unbalancing enemies, may shatter fragile objects.)(unfocused)
    **NEW** Voice of Mind (Makes up to four people hear a voice, song or noise)(unfocused)

[ February 03, 2003, 19:27: Message edited by: 8people ]

10. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Use psiwave to distract and confuse the guards, then slip away in the chaos.

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Unfocused spells cannot be cast
    There are no gaurds nearby.

There is a cell in front of Liriyen where the Skeletal Bard is.
    There is her cell behind her
    The sleeping gaurd is nearby
    several other empty cells line the corridor left and right.

Inv
    Black dress (worn)
    Seven gold pieces
    Silver hair clips (worn)
    Silver sandals (worn)
    Ring of Faey (worn)
    Draten Sword (Equipped)
    Scabbard (worn)

Spells
    Fatigue (Makes up to seven people very sleepy)(now only 6)
    Wandering mind (ability to let your mind travel out of your body and explore, almost undetected. Body remains in a medatative state.) (unfocused)
    **NEW** Flame of Mind (Creates a small powerful flame or a patch of hot air) (unfocused)
    **NEW** Psiwave (Creates mental vibrations confusing/unbalancing enemies, may shatter fragile objects.)(unfocused)
    **NEW** Voice of Mind (Makes up to four people hear a voice, song or noise)(unfocused)

12. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

"thank you," Liriyen walks away.

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] (Which way does she walk though?)

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Liriyen pauses in the corridor, turning slowly about. When she feels a tiny breath of moving air against her face, she walks forward, figuring that the draft was coming from some opening to the outside. She makes note of the "occupants" of the cells she passes.

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Can someone actually tell me where the *hell* she is going. Down the left - or the right. :rolleyes:

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Getting no indication of which way leads out, Liriyen turns right.

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] She walks down the right noticing that not many cells held prisoners and those who did were best not looked in, she heard the voices getting louder and recognised the general talking and drunken yells as most likely that of gaurds or nobles getting high. she cautiously stepped onward, trying to keep as quiet as possible. She looked round the corner - a large fire kept the room in a warm glow, it was certainly the guards barracks, it was a dead end, a man sitting near the fire looked round and shot her a quizzing look. She froze, he had seen her... what now! She would have to try and excape, she was no fighter.

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Liriyen casts Fatigue at the guard, hoping that she can get it off before he could speak. She prepares to run in the other direction.

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Liriyen focuses and is about to cast her spell when she realises that if a group of guards suddenly fall asleep it may attract attention, wasting the spell, she turn and ran before anyone could tell her not too, she ran past the skeletal bard and along the corridor fleeing past prisoner and drain until she reached the end of the dungeon walk, and reached a large oak door.

Inv
    Black dress (worn)
    Seven gold pieces
    Silver hair clips (worn)
    Silver sandals (worn)
    Ring of Faey (worn)
    Draten Sword (Equipped)
    Scabbard (worn)

Spells
    Fatigue*5 (Makes up to seven people very sleepy
    Flame of Mind (Creates a small powerful flame or a patch of hot air) (unfocused)
    Psiwave (Creates mental vibrations confusing/unbalancing enemies, may shatter fragile objects.)(unfocused)
    Voice of Mind (Makes up to four people hear a voice, song or noise)(unfocused)

20. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

She reached the doorknob and pulled the door open.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.