1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The evil dentist ...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I have a recent dentist story that I can share---err, I should say "horror" story.

This occurred about a week ago, during my last session on a root canal procedure. I'm sitting in the chair, with all kinds of things stuffed in my mouth and the dentist declares she's finished--she just wants to take an xray of the cleaned out canal, to make sure it's been done properly. She then inserts a metal pin into the canal of the tooth (to give a good background so the canal will show up on the xray film), tells me to keep my mouth open and proceeds to take the xray. After a couple of takes, she says "all done!" and removes the cotton blobs and whatnot from my mouth and turns away. The assistant then makes some sort of comment and, thinking that all is clear for me to talk, I close my mouth with a snap (it had been open for over an hour). Unfortunately, she had forgotten to remove that nasty little metal pin and I rammed it straight into my jaw bone. With a scream I turned and looked at the dentist with the best "you idiot!" look I could muster....she had turned sheet white and was staring at me open-mouthed. In a rush and after profuse apologies, she then tried to pull the thing out----but no, it was stuck hard to the bone. After nearly climbing on top of me, with her fist in my mouth, she was able to yank it free. :rolleyes: I don't know who was more close to fainting, me or her. It healed up quickly and I was no worse for wear, but it was an experience I'll not soon forget! :eek:

2. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm not particularly fond of going to the dentist, but with a good hygentist there is no pain at all. Unfortunately, I've only ever encountered one of that calibre.

I have no qualms about taking shots of anasthesia as recommended. I've had one aborted root canal. The tooth was too far gone to save. (Always wear mouth guards!) When that tooth was removed I had an implant put in it's place which required a bone graft. Neither the bone graft, nor the following placement of the base of the implant are particularly pleasant and I would NOT recommend going through either without a shot or three. Getting the shot itself was not at all bad as the periodontist used a topical anasthetic first.

Oh, and by the way, my mouth is so big (officially confirmed by the periodontist mentioned above) that I never even noticed when my wisdom teeth emerged. :D

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I dentist I had when I was a kid was a coke head! He drilled my teeth for my dads insurance money :mad: I went looking for a new one, after his office mysteriously burned down ;) Haven't had a cavity since :)

4. Dyacea Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Here is MY event recount from the dentists:

"Hello, just sit down, I won't be a minute."

"Will it hurt?"

"No, just a routine check up."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, perfectly."

*chair goes down*

"Right."

*drilling noise*

"I thought this was a check up!"

"It is."

*whirring noise, several chunks of teeth get detonated (practically)*

"Did it hurt?"

"No comment."

"There, see. now have a gargle."

So he hands me this cup of pink stuff, and I gargle, then go to sit wih mum. Then my brother goes in - apparently he whimpered, wriggled a lot and nearly lost his tongue, argued, said "ow" constantly and drunk the pink water.

He didn't feel well that day, muhahahaha... :evil:

Our dentists are nice

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.