1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The creature type (not individual) I hate in ToB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Void Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I must say, I found Abizigal and Draconis (ARRRRGHHH ENOUGH WITH THE INVISIBILITY!!!) to be the toughest...

2. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"I must say, I found Abizigal and Draconis (ARRRRGHHH ENOUGH WITH THE INVISIBILITY!!!) to be the toughest... "

But they are not individual man

3. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yeah. Draconis and Abazigal are really powerful.
    But the worst enemies are mind flayers I think...

4. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Baronius are you twelve?

5. Astra Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Mind flayers are my least favorite.
    Hands down.

I haven't been playing all that long, but I haven't had much of a problem with the Beholders or even the Vampires (I just finished up Chapter 3). Once I learned how to use Breach and Negative Plane Protection, those two species went to being merely annoying.

Mind flayers though, jeez. I ran into their chamber in the dungeons and was dead in a couple of seconds. It was ugggggly.

[ August 30, 2002, 04:43: Message edited by: Astra ]

6. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Beholders... :flaming: esp. the improved ones.

:bang:

[ August 30, 2002, 04:42: Message edited by: sick_curtain ]

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

@sick_curtain

Use the force :D :D (cloak of mirroring ;) )

8. Javalar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Illithids and their tougher cousins are by far the hardest.

I found the demi-lich rather easy, for some reason. Dragons were also rather easy, as long as you try and keep your characters spread out.

However, the Illithids tended to be in small rooms where they could quickly rush you, and unless you knew they were coming, you usually lost a few characters. I think I probably ended up more well-prepared for the Mind Flayers as anything else in the game.

:mad:

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Heh, the Cloak of Mirrors doesn't seem to do all that much against improved beholders because it will not stop their slow ray. Eventually, I had Korgan wearing that and although their rays didn't do any damage, they screwed his AC enough that they could pound him with impunity. The Shield of Cheeseran is pretty good though.

10. Prophete D'Acier Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Illithids/Mind Flayers (they screw up the minds of my characters), Liches (their time stop and other spells are a pain in the @$$) and Beholders (I hate it when they cast inprisonment!).

To tell you the truth, I *LIKE* fighting dragons (!). They're a challenge and not really obnoxious.

I'm ok with demons and vampires (all you need's a fast cleric). Golems are a little more irritating because you need to use a blunt weapon but it's mostly ok. I like killing Giths!

11. Gothmog

@Rastor
    Greater Beholders are usually surounded by gauths or normal beholders which would make the fight much tougher. With cloak you can leave all those wounds shooting Beholders to kill themselves while releasing all your fire to the greater one. Alone he isnt such a problem ;)

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Kill themselves? You must be playing with the original cloak then. After installing ToB, the cloak is changed so that it does not reflect spells, it only stops them.

13. Gothmog

Really??? Thats way better :D :D :D
    All i saw in ToB is that bad-lookin animation. Anyway i'm gonna download it soon ;)

14. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Mind Flayers, Beholders, Vampires and Demons

15. Gothmog

in short all the tough ones except dragons right Shadowhunter ;) ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.