1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The coolest Shadows of Amn enemy

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Baronius, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

That voice...

When I first heard it, it sounded to me like the Devil talking.

Arrogant, self-absorbed, looking down on everyone else as a tool to be used.

My Paladin couldn't wait to kill him. :D

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Coolest for me would be the Elder orbs.

3. Rage Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Shadow Dragon , he's just damn big and kewl

4. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

IMO i completely love demi-liches, and i know that when i say this thousands of people will most likely kill me, but i reckon they should of put more demi-liches in the game, and since im not much of a 'game configurer' or modder i would like it if someone else made them, but im just making a suggestion, and although they have little to no dialogue, just the fighting them, is soooo fun and challenging, and i for one like many others love a good challenge :D

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The problem with demiliches is that if you know how to fight them (transform into the Slayer or just protect yourself with the correct spells) then they're incredibly easy to get the better of.

6. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I didn't know how to beat demiliches, or any liches, easily the first time I played, and it was so satisfying to finally kill them. So I pretend that I still don't know, and it's still challenging and fun.

I like the Firkraag fight the best, though. Again, I didn't and don't use any common methods for beating him easily (though I don't shoot myself in the foot by not casting pro fire or something), and it's lots of fun to kill an arrogant, powerful being who did his best to screw you over. Especially as a paladin :) .

7. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think Bodhi has the coolest picture, I even had her asa screensaver. Irenicus - cool voice and videos. But I played the game on the increased difficulty (no MODs) and even then they were way too easy to kill. I would say dragons would be the coolest enemy - as far as killing them. And I couldn't even come close to killing Dritzz with my evil party.

8. cadderly Gems: 5/31

about the fight with firkraag, ive actually never used prot from fire before or during a fight with him, because im stupid and because i usually have either partial prot from elements or something from an item like the dragon shield and helm.

9. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] well,i know everyone says this but still it don't change my thoughts! irenicus has to be the coolest villain eva!!! out of BG TOTSC and SoA!!! he has killer moves and would be a great evil party member, that's for sure!!! :rolleyes:

10. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I like all the bosses and dragons, demons, werewolfes and human enemies...

11. cadderly Gems: 5/31

so in essence you like..............everyone?

12. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Well, yes...

13. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I especially adore Irenicus, because of the cool cutscenes. His voice and he being a mage and all. Firkraag is also cool, but hey, dragons are cool (aren't they, like Nizi :rolleyes: ). For some reasons, I dislike Melissan & Bodhi.

14. Vandred Gems: 2/31

Has to be Jonny, I love all the dialogue with him, an I just think he's so cool. I think he has the best voice and dialogue in any game ever! Can anyone tell me who does his voice? And if anyone watches grim and evil, you'll found he sounds A LOT like that Nurgle guy (y'know, black skin, dark eyes, suit, tentacles sticking out of his back).

15. Golden Avenger Gems: 2/31

When I run into A Illithiad or Mind Flayer that I wasnt expecting, It scares me the most since I know I can have my brains eaten if I dont act quickly

16. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Those Illithid are annoying indeed. You probably know the common tactics involved in destroying this creature of horror; Still, your right, I forgot about this one.

17. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

As I have said in the past when this topic has arisen, I don't think Irenicus is that cool. His role is minor. Sure, he's critical to the plot, but there are essentially no role-playing opportunities with him. Also, the Irenicus that appears in your dreams is not the real Irenicus. It's the instinct/taint, so you can't count those portions toward Irenicus' coolness. Rather, you'd have to attribute those to the protagonist's taint -- you yourself are the enemy in this case, or Bhaal if you prefer.

My vote goes to Yoshimo. First, unless you are a thief or get Jan early in the game, you need Yoshimo, but you can't trust him. You don't need any of the other enemies, except for Saemon, who isn't really an "enemy" anyway. He's just an annoyance; he'll never turn red on you unless you draw first blood. Besides, Saemon is a minor character without much sreen time. The tension between need and distrust adds a great element to Yoshimo's character.

Second, Yoshimo is personable and has quite a bit of dialog and interaction with others. He's got a lot more depth and character development than the other enemies in the game. He's sneaky in the way he tries to manipulate you while leaving you in control. And even though you have to kill him, you really don't want it to play out that way. You would much rather find a way to keep him in your party, but his betrayal and demise is unavoidable. He's also the only villain in the game for whom I felt any sympathy.

18. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

It's true Yoshi's betrayal adds more depth to him being a badass. My first playthrough and I picked him up from the start. His demise left me in shock, as I had to replace him by Imoen.

Still, there is enough interaction with Johnny; remember the various times you battle him, or meet him in your dreams. This contributes to him being the biggest badass in the game.

19. gordo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For me, it's the guys in the Temple district with the big mansion (Koshi, Stallman, and co.)

They always give me a brutal fight, because I go after them ASAP to get the Celestial Fury.

They've got 2 really cool fighters, a thief with tons of invisibility potions, powerful spellcasters, and of course a CF wielding badass. To top it off, you've got to get through their summoned pets to get to them. These guys are what my party aspires to be.

In second place are the liches, for their entertaining wind-up while spell casting.

20. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Iron golems!
    Since they are so dificult until you know their weaknesses.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.