1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The completely unofficial "The Order Of the Stick"-thread (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Lunne89, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    There's nothing wrong with being a sexy, shoeless God of War...

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

well that was a quick test..

You are Durkon

You are loyal, trustworthy, and your armor clanks to much. Even though you are sometimes unprepared with your spells, people still trust you.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Elan. 'Bout right on personality, if not brains. ;)

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I found this comic strip through these forums too, back when it was around 90 pages long.

I got Elan.

Lovable, funny, and just really...ignorant. You are just oblivious to all the people who put you down. But you know what they say. Ignorance is bliss.

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Neither OoTS or Erfworld has updated in over a week. I like both of these webcomics, but their delivery has always been terrible!

I know the OoTS author is sick all the time, but I've gone from checking the site each day for updates to waiting a month or so, then checking in.

If any income is generated from web hits, this may have an impact on the comic at some point.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

It looks to me from the site that Burlew has plenty of other irons in the fire -- I doubt he's suffering for $. I have to admit to a weird curiosity about what exactly his health concern is -- the way he describes it on the site it sounds like really bad hemorrhoids!

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I got Roy. My girlfriend got Belkar. :hahaerr:

A match made in heaven!

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I got Belkar :D

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, I can't remember where I'd read it (maybe in the GitP-forums?) but I'd been led to believe that Rich has something akin to chronic back pain - ends up bedridden every now and again, and has no foreseeable cure or end to the problem. My mother-in-law apparently had the same sort of thing for maybe thirty years (she passed on a couple of years ago), and after a while, one's body develops a tolerance to ANY painkillers. :(

Oh, and I hope everyone's getting their OotS/Erfworld fix now that updates have occurred in the last day or so. :D

And for the record, I got:

10. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    You'll have to post whenever a new comic is up - I'll only check once a month from now on. I like the comic, but it's way too sporadic. I wish I could get away with doing my job only when I feel like it.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I finally got caught up, and it was worth the trip :thumb:

So basically, you want someone to take the time to make a post here, rather than making the huge sacrifice of expending the energy youself to click on the site to see if there's a new strip? :confused: Pretty lazy, even for a paladin. :shame: :toofar:

:p

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    There is an RSS feed for the comic. I would be lost without it.

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Yes - it's my protest for lack of updates. I like the comic, but from a business perspective, it's terrible. I mean, Charles Schultz put out a peanuts episode every day for like, 80 years! I'm sure he got sick every once in a while...but weeks at a time?

I know, I'm an insensitive bastard...

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So you're protesting over the inconsistent updates of a free (emphasis on free ) online comic? Even after Snook told you about the RSS feed?

Why, you're not a paladin at all. In fact, I suspect you're the online persona of someone whose name rhymes with Maris Wilton!!

:p

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Oh ffs. Let's not start this debate here. It already gets *way* too much time on the OotS boards.

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    But my reading of said free comic creates word of mouth buzz, which the creator translates into books sales, DnD type games based on OoTS, action figures, inaction figures, happy meals, Nike shoe deals, movie deals, and Doritos product tie-ins...Which all generate shiny cashy money for the author.

All of which should prompt them to get the comic out as regularly as possible.

Felinoid - I posted here, mostly because I wanted to vent about the lack of comics lately. If you whine on the GiTP forum your get blocked. I just needed to rant a bit...I hope he's ok, and that he gets back to business soon.

17. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Actually, using old systems like waiting for someone to post a message on a message board, a fully manual system, totally unautomised could qualify as a paladin system. If we waited for paladins to invent the wheel we would still be walking everywhere. RSS feeds are more the domain of creative Gnomes, and we all know that it is only lies that Gnomes could become paladins. Lies to try to make something illogical (a game system) logical and fitting with the real world.

More on topic: Why do the paladin mounts come out of pokeballs and not wizard's familiars?

Hmmm, does that mean all paladins started as little brats running after all kind of animals? That would seem more fitting for druids or rangers, so paladins might just be failed rangers.

18. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I think the paladin's mount comes out of the balls as a mockery of those annoying cartoons out of Japan (Dragonball is it? I lived there for two years but never got into that stuff).

The wizard's familiars only show up at the most inopportune times. I think that Burlew agrees with me that the way familiars are used in the game system is a royal pain in the butt that doesn't really help the character with said familiar.

As I think I mentioned before, if Burlew needed the money he'd have a strip out every day. He clearly doesn't need the money, and that freedom gives him a certain freedom in setting his schedule.

19. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

LKD: small correction, it's from pokemon, not dragon ball. And yes, I know it's to mock those series. I just thought it would be more consistent to have also the familiars appear like that. On the other hand, it would have been more logical to use the pokeball system for summoned monsters, rather than for fix stuff. Usually a pokemaster has multiple creatures to choose from, just like when casting a summoning spell.

Besides, I didn't know that a paladin could summon and unsummon its mount at will. I thought it was like the familiar, always there with your character.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Thanks Meatdog. I've never really given a rat's hind end about any of those Japanamation shows, though. The entire style may be wonderful, lucrative and artistic to some, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

A Paladin can summon his mount starting at level 4 (maybe 5, I'll have to check) and the mount sticks around for an hour per paladin level. It can only be summoned once a day, but the bonus is that even if it has one HP left when you send it back, when you summon it the next day it has full HP. That rocks, if you like that sort of thing. I personally don't, as mounted combat and the related feats seem to me to be useful in only limited circumstances. Case in point, you'd have to spend the entire campaign in the water for the shark mount to be of much use to you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.