1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The completely unofficial "The Order Of the Stick"-thread (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Lunne89, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    He is. A villain you just cannot execute because you know that the sequel will be hampered by it.

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I wonder what Tarquin's response to the whole Snarl will be. He is lawful, after all. Would he be foolish enough to try to control it?

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

He's got a good thing going, lording over most of a (small?) continent with his buddies, and he doesn't strike me as the impatient one. On the other hand, I wonder if Nale is going to live after that. I didn't notice Tarquin give him any promises to that effect, certainly.

4. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Wow :whoa: I did not see that one coming. Though I'm disappointed Thog is being kept out of the picture for now, he's always good for a laugh. And I've a bad feeling this means Tarquin and Malack could be leaving us soon. I've really liked them.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I'm not so sure, I think they may be much more liked by the fanbase than Nale or most of his band (perhaps all except Thog), and I'm not sure they'd be that easy to fool in-character.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I like #826. I like smart villains. This promises to be good and Redcloak is one bada$$MF'er!!

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    OMG, I think Redcloak is pure awesome badness. #830 is great.

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    His villians have gotten MUCH better over the years.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't get Xykon and the ritual. He's a Lich right? And Liches are very high-level wizards... so why wouldn't he comprehend the ritual better than Tsukiko?

10. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

He may be an absurdly high level but he only understands Arcane magic. The ritual is half Arcane and half Divine, so he can't understand it. Tsukiko knows both magic types.

The Giant is really tying up some loose ends the last while to prevent things sprawling all over the place again. Good job but it is a bit abrupt. Especially for Tsukiko who's been in the comic timewise for ages. Though maybe not actually in that many strips.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tsukiko only had the arcane part; she was looking for the divine part. Makes no sense to me.

12. dmc

Media:
    The general impression I have received about Xykon is that not only doesn't he sweat the details, he refuses to recognize their existence.

Whether that fits into the character one would expect of a high level wizard that turned himself into a lich I leave to you. I think Burlew is more concerned about story flow than strict adherence to anything.

Tsukiko was pure arcane caster as far as I know - the linear guild picked her up at the same wizard school as Roy's sister (Warthog's if I am not mistaken).

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Tsukiko is a Mystic Theurge. She was a prisoner of the Azure City Paladins and when they released her with the promise of amnesty she turned on them. To my knowledge she has never been a member of the linear guild. IIRC, they got a young, foolish punk who was in love with Roy's sister from Warthogs.

14. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Yes, iirc a half-elf conjurer. Tsukiko and a few others were prisoners in Azure city that the paladins tried to use - but T defected to Xykon. She's mentioned she's a mystic theurge before.

Boy, did she get it hard. Redcloak has really been getting serious lately. I'm not sure why he told her what the ritual does, though - it's exactly the kind of villainous boasting he's been trying to ditch ;) . Maybe he just slipped, or needed that time for something (what, though); he seemed mostly calm, so I doubt she baited him. And another question - didn't Tsukiko realize what spell he cast back in 828? I though he had readied a negative energy attack, but if it was a control undead, she should be able to tell the difference.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  15. dmc

Media:
    You're right - my bad.

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Yeah I always thought that's why Tsukiko was drawn with two different colored eyes.

I hope Xykon doesn't turn out to be as much a fool as Redcloak thinks he is... it just doesn't fit.

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't know -- I think Xykon min-maxed wisdom and intelligence....

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Still, he's evil and knows his cohorts are evil. He can't be too stupid to be suspicious of such a powerful ritual.

19. dmc

Media:
    V and Belkar agreeing . . . so wrong and yet so right.

20. T2Bruno

Media:
    "...Best Served Warm,...." :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.