1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Circle Tower? Templars? Really? (May contain some spoilers)

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Marceror, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If the game held the option at some point to betray the cirlce and escape whit or destoy all of the phylactaries what would you do?

How would they react? I think a national manhunt with lots of killing. Nice for an expansion.

Or as a side quest give them some blood of Morrigan. Is she going to be upset.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I was just thinking about the mage origin and the initial fade sequence of the game. You are sent to the fade to fend yourself from a demon, but not just any demon a Pride Demon. The most powerful type of demon. The demon leaves you there and that is it. There is no meeting up with the Pride demon later on in the game.

It is too bad that the game didn't do anything more with the Pride Demon. They decide to make the mage origin follow-up in the game with Jowan in Redcliff and the mage tower. Both of which have no impact to the mage origin story or how others treat the PC when playing the game. I got the same level of respect wether I played against Jowan or if I agreed to help him and betray the circle. Where as with the Dwarf Noble origin you are treated with disrespect as a GW when you return to Ozzamar.

Personally I would have liked a random encounter with the Pride Demon. It would have made the game more interesting.

As for the other origins...

Noble Dwarf - As I stated above you get treated badly when you return to Ozzamar and if you slept with Tali or the other girl one is waiting pregnant.

Common Dwarf - I imagine you can run into your sister and there maybe more implications with the New Crime Lord.

Dalish Elf - I have yet to play. Are the Dalish Elf camp the same one the PC is from? Do they treat you different when you return if they?

Elf Commoner - See the Dalish Elf, idea...

Human Noble - you get to revenge your parents very late in the game. In fact it felt like a perfect ending.

Who else thought the mage was short changed a cool fade sequence in DAO?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is not the same group, no.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Intersting. How do they treat the Dalish Elf PC? With more respect since he is Dalish?

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Yes, to a certain extent. I don't know about BTA but I didn't find that they were awfully nice to my Dalish character. As a City Elf you're only a little better than a regular outsider.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of playing a Dalish (the Native American thing is great), I just find that it could have been better. As it is I didn't feel playing a Dalish to be that special. Of course the fact that as a City Elf you are considered as an outsider by both humans and the Dalish makes it more interesting to me because that is realistic (it's personal but I had/have to deal with racism in real life so I feel I can relate to the City Elf who are stuck between two cultures and never fit in).

The coolest thing about playing a Dalish is that you can abuse your position as a Grey Warden to give those nasty Shems a hard time (and that includes Alistair and Leliana).

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've only been to the Brecilian forest with a Dalish elf so far, but no it didn't seem like I was treated very special. I was not treated badly or shunned, but I don't know if any other race would have been.

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Well, the storyteller tends to be abrasive and he is a bit nicer to other Dalish Elves. Let's say that even if they're a bit nicer they don't welcome you with open arms either. At least that's my impression.

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I find it funny that no matter what origin you play everyone treats the main character as a human; at least with dwarves.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.