1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Bridge to Terabithia

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Faye, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Just watched the movie. Totally out of my expectations. I was expecting a fantasy movie not unlike Narnia or Harry Potter but it was so much more (IMHO, waaaaaay better than the aforementioned). It was a movie about growing up and the coming of age. It was about how our imaginations and dreams can make anything possible, something that we tend to forget when we grow up. Was surprised that noone mentioned this movie at all (well, not that I can find anyway) on the boards.

This along with Pan's Labyrinth are definitely my favourite movies that I have watched this year (probably in quite a few years actually). I HIGHLY recommend this show.

2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I agree completely. Best movie of the summer, clearly. Too bad we have to get old :)

3. Faye

Media:
    I'm convinced. Definitely going to go read the novel ASAP.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I absolutely loathed the novel when it was inflicted on me at school, but it sounds like they've (rightfully) butchered the thing for the movie.

The trailer makes it look a lot more like a fantasy story than the book was (well - the book wasn't a fantasy story in the slightest). To what extent does it use fantastical elements as though they're real?

5. Faye

Media:
    Really? Was the novel that bad? But I guess having it forced upon you is quite a turn off.

Actually, its not much of a fantasy story. The trailer is awfully misleading. Its probably marketing to target the kids these days that are so hooked on Harry Potter and the like. There really isin't much fantasy elements, and most of it is actually already shown in the trailers.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, there's no way that my opinion of the novel is in any way objective or unbiased. Regardless of whether it's an excellent novel or not (I'm thinking not...) - I loathe it. :)

7. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I was expecting a "Narnia" clone, and was pleasantly surprised. One of the best movies of the year IMHO that didn't stoop to cliches (at least, not as much as most movies dealing with these topics do.) I recommend it.

8. Faye

Media:
    Just finished reading the novel. It was great, but I personally preferred the movie actually. I would have loved if the novel was longer and more detailed. It was surprisingly short and concise. It was still a good read and I absolutely enjoyed it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.