1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The BoM item pack (It's out!)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by olimikrig, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ok, i'll e-mail any bugs i notice now on directly to appropriate person. :)

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

And I'll just re-iterate that any spelling/grammatical errors should be sent to me. Although don't bother mentioning the dialogues yet because I'm on the case, having just got round to testing the finalised versions myself! Anything in the item descriptions (even stuff like "I just think it doesn't sound right / it doesn't fit the item") is also my domain. Similarly, any inaccuracies found in the ReadME or Item List should also go to me.

Thanking you in advance! :)

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Cloak of the Planes

This ragged cloak has seen many planes of adventure. At first glance, it looks to be on its last thread and ready for the trash heap.

It was first made for the planewalker Andra by her companion, the archmage Pha'lyll. The two traveled the length and breadth of Saleiston and it was during these journeys this cloak was created. Andra was quite pleased with her new gift, carrying it with her for decades to come.

During her first jaunt to the lands of Aber-Toril, Andra lost her favored item in a fight to rescue her new allies. Presumeably, it was picked up during the aftermath as a souvenir by a scavenging adventurer.

Statistics:
    Free Action on wearer
    25% fire, cold, acid and electric resistence
    Weight: 2
    Useable:
    Rangers (single, multi- and dual classed)
    ====
    I must stop now as I just exploded my lasagna. :p
    ====
    Ball and Chain

This simple gold band was commissioned by Galia for her druid husband, Cernd. It was found among her personal items after her death.

Statistics:
    *Cursed*
    Once equipped, it can only be removed by a Remove Curse spell.
    While equipped:
    Barkskin on user
    An additional spell per levels 1-9
    Vulnerability to blunt objects
    Useable only by:
    Druids (single, multi- or dual classes)

The above ring has a curse on it via blunt damage. The wearer is vulnerable to blunt damage from such things as fists, clubs, staves, maces, flails, war hammers and sling stones. I don't how to describe that so you can easily program it. You know how the Girdle of Bluntness adds +4 protection vs. blunt damage? Something like that, only in a negative way.

[ October 13, 2005, 01:09: Message edited by: kuemper ]

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Thats easy enough Kuemper :) I like the idea of Ball and chain. Its on my to-do list.

I'll be sending you anything I find 'wrong' in the mod tomorrow Oli, but now must get sleep :D

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @ Malovae

I'll look at Kuemper and pseudospawn's additions :)

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Oko, i'll leave the ball and chain to you then :p

7. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I can't find Bion.

I have SoA+TOB and the latest patch. I also have Dungeons-be-gone installed.

I created a new game and tried to find him, but couldn't. I tried with a savegame, but couldn't find him. I looked at x3000 y2000, but nothings there.

Could it be because I installed the Dungeons-be-gone mod?

8. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Here I am! :hahaerr:

9. Drugar

Media:
    *Waves at Bion*

There you are! Get back in my game you little imp!

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Bion: :rolleyes:

@ Drugar: Nope, DBG has nothing to do with it (I tested it on my system, and the pack works fine, apart from mild interference from pre-beta versions which no-one else would have anyway). Just ensure that you ran the file Setup-BoM.exe that appears in your BGII - SoA directory after running BoM_Item_Pack.exe

If you do that, and it's still not working (or you already did that), then there's something else going on beyond my ken; it's best that you PM oli with the exact details, because he knows much more about the internal gubbins of the program than I.

Hope that helps. :)

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Okay, I'll 'fess up to my idiocy. <cough> Drugar, did you actually click on the .exe file and install the mod? </cough>
    :holy: What?

12. Drugar

Media:
    Well, I just reinstalled SoA, ToB, the latest patch, DBG and the BoM pack. I now am going to take a look again.

I will report back.

Thanks for the reply the Magpie!

EDIT:

@kuemper: yes I did

I have found the Pimp (Pink imp)! I don't know what I did, but he is there!!! \o/

@Abdel the Bhaalspawn: I slew you? :confused: :D

[ October 13, 2005, 19:01: Message edited by: Drugar ]

13. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

After my first weapon suggestion, here's another. Actually, a pair:

Infernal Blade:

This weapon, along with it's pair, was forged by skilled dwarven smith Goli Ironhead for a half-demon known as "Aka". Reward from the deal is not know, althought it's speculated to be huge. This blade has an Infernal, Evil aura. Althought anyone of appropriate class can wield it, it strikes good creatures more fiercely. other than that, it can make wounds that bleed for long and painfully. The sturdy design makes it easy to block incoming strikes and strike faster.

Statistics:

Damage: 1D8+4+4 against good creatures
    Thac0: +3
    Speed Factor:0
    Damage Type:Slashing
    Procifiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To
    Type:1-Handed
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Cleric
    Mage

Special:
    30% chance of causing bleeding with each strike
    +1 attack per round.
    When something is hit with this, wielder will go berserk.

Divine Blade:

This is the another of the two blades made by Goli Ironhead for the Half-Demon "Aka". it's primary function is to balance it's infernal counterpart, so that the wielder may regain sanity while holding them. It still has enchantments that help in fight however, so that it can be used alone.
    This one has holy aura that clears all evil thoughts away. This one has as good design as the other.

Damage: 1D8+4+4 against evil creatures
    Thac0: +3
    Speed Factor:0
    Damage Type:Slashing
    Procifiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To
    Type:1-Handed
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Cleric Mage

Special:
    Protection against berserk when wielded.
    +1 Attacks

infernal should be red, while Divine should be blue (suggestion).

Dunno if it works, edit as you like. :D

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I whipped up early versions of my weapons/armor/rings (all for thieves) last night while I was supposed to be sleeping, but when combined, they are way too powerful, so I am making more restrictions, and will have them out for you soon.

By the way, this is compatible with all other mods, right? I mean, is it WeiDU capable, or will it mess up my game if I install it (eventually) over other mods?

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  16. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As Tal said.

We've done some testing with a handful of the popular mods, and have found no conflict (which there shouldn't be, anyways).

Also, I have been made aware of that the Readme is in fact named Readmebom.txt and not BoM_readme.txt. I wish to apologize to people who may, or may not, have been able to find the readme.

EDIT: minor spell correction, I wish to apologize, not excuse, naturally :rolling:

[ October 14, 2005, 18:39: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

17. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Alrighty, here are my weapons, ring, and piece of armor. I will note here that the story of Saber is long and arduous to give in the descriptions here (also because I have not finished them yet - they are mostly in my head). But, basically, to clarify things:

Saber was a half-elf on a different plane than Amn. He was favored by the neutral gods because he strove to uphold a balance in all things. He became so powerful as a thief and assassin that they granted him immortality so that he could keep a balance on his homeland.
    After many thousands of years, a few reforgings of the world (gods remake the world), and countless fights, the evil gods began a war amongst each other. Before it was over, a neutral god had been destroyed. To replace him, the other gods rose Saber to the heavens to join them.
    Instead of leaving his weapons and armor to the people of his plane, he saw that Amn had gotten out of balance. He sent off his weapons to Amn in hopes that someone would take up the cause of restoring the balance. And so, I give you:

Talon:

Forged by the half-elven demi-god, Saber, twelve thousand years ago, on a different plane than that of Amn. The neutral gods gave his immortality so that he could always make sure a balance was kept. Saber fought with this magically imbued katana for ten thousand years before the gods allowed him to ascend to the heavens to replace a neutral god that was destroyed in a war amongst the gods. When he ascended, he transported Talon across the planes to Amn.
    This katana is a formidable fighting weapon for any thief. However, when combined with Ryvvr, Saber’s other katana, the pair makes any thief extraordinary.

Type: Katana
    Damage: 3d3 +2
    THACO0: +2 Bonus
    Weight: 10
    Speed Factor: 1
    Requirements: 18 Dexterity, 10 Strength
    Special Abilities:
    Increases Dexterity by 1 point while equipped.
    When both Talon and Ryvvr are equipped, add an additional 1x backstab multiplier.
    Useable only by: Thief (single)

Ryvvr:

Forged at the same time as Talon, Ryvvr was made to compliment the other blade. When combined, the two blades make a perfect pair of weapons for any thief.

Type: Katana
    Damage: 2d4 +2
    THACO0: +2 Bonus
    Speed Factor: 1
    Requirements: 18 Dexterity, 10 Strength
    Special Abilities:
    Grants one extra attack per round.
    When both Talon and Ryvvr are equipped, Ryvvr grants an additional +1 THACO0 bonus.
    Useable only by: Thief (single)

Dragon’s Fall:
    Given as a gift to Saber from the Gods, this bow was made especially to combat dragons. During the time that this was given, there was an excess amount of dragons upon the land. Despite the fact that there were many good dragons and evil dragons, Saber used this bow to destroy many of them, in order to maintain a balance.
    This bow’s arrows instantly return to the archer when fired at any creature excluding dragons. When a dragon is hit with one of these arrows, massive amounts of damage is inflicted upon it. The arrow that is fired into that dragon does not return to the archer.

Type: Shortbow
    Damage: 2d5 +1. Treat damage dealt to a dragon with backstab multipliers (thief does not have to be behind the target nor invisible to fire)
    THACO0: +2 bonus, additional +3 against dragons
    Weight: 15
    Requires: 19 Dexterity, 15 Strength
    Speed: 3
    Special Abilities:
    It comes with 20 arrows. When fired, the arrow count is not diminished, unless fired at a dragon. Each time an arrow is fired at a dragon, the count is reduced by one. When the count reaches zero, the bow still works, but requires ammunition.
    Useable only by: Thieves (single)

Assassin’s Band:
    After becoming a god, Saber gave this ring to a faithful, neutral, assassin with a warning: Every moment this ring is worn, the wearer will take damage, and the ring cannot be removed until after combat is over.

Abilities: Backstab multiplier is increased by 1x
    Every 7 seconds, the wearer receives 1 damage.
    The ring cannot be removed until end of combat.

Perfect Darkness:
    Crafted by Saber himself before his ascension to the gods, this armor is, in essence, pure darkness. It is a perfect piece of armor for a thief.

Type: Leather
    AC: 3
    Abilities: While wearing this armor, the thief takes no penalties to his thieving abilities because he is wearing armor.
    Hide in Shadows: +25
    Move Silently: + 20
    Requirements: 18 Dexterity
    Useable only by: thief (single, multi, dual)

If any of the names do not fit (as in, if they need a +2 or whatever after them), please fix them. Also, anything you do not understand or wish me to clarify, please PM me. And, as another note: I tried to make these as balanced as possible (although, if they were to truly be Saber's blades, they'd be unstoppable, because, well, he is a god). But, if they still seem too powerful, please let me know, I will try to fix them.

Thank you!

18. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hey i gotta get ToB soon :)

19. olimikrig

Media:
    Okay, Malovae and I have discussed some ideas, I would like to get people opinion(s) about:

1st.
    As you may, or may not, know. When the beta goes official (it's been decided that it would be preferable calling this an "alpha test"), Tal will also be reachable through the ToB section.

Now, we've talked about adding some ToB specific items to the ToB part of the game. As in, some more powerful items that'll only be buy-able when you find tal in ToB.. We both agree that this is a good idea, yet what do people think about this?

2nd.
    We've also talked about sub-deviding the stores, so you will press one dialogue option, if you want to buy armours, another dialogue option goes for weapons, a third for shields, etc.. I'm not convinced that this is a great idea, but your opinion might convince me!

3rd.
    Make a "special items" submenu (like that of Ribald) based upon either a) game time, b) lvl, or c) chapter... I'm not sure whether this is neccesary, considering that the item prices for the "powerful" items (those only accesable in SoA, if suggestion 1 is decided to be implemented) that he will sell you for a fee, item, whatever.

4th.
    This probably won't be implemented before late beta, if it is at all, but making a BoM specific quest that will lower the charges in Tal's shop.
    What I've thought about (after Bion suggested it), is to make some "missing spell book" quest, alá the one in underdark; however here the different planes will be different Forums on SP. And at each plane a SP member who's known for "haunting" that forum will "pop out".
    E.g. Tal teleports to the Plane of Bladur's Gate, Felinoid will come to fight you; Alley of Dangerous Angels, Chevalier will come to fight you; Whatnots, Arabwel will come to fight you, and so on...

WHat's your thoughts about this?

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

All good ideas except for the "2nd" one, but the "3rd" idea should take care of that anyway.

P.S. If you are going to make the plane-quest, PM me for details on Felinoid.

:lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.