1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The BoM item pack (It's out!)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by olimikrig, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am so bored today. Here are a few more items. Let me know what you think so far of the items created.

Abby’s Scarf
    This scarf was once worn by a great and beautiful young mage who could charm any man to do her bidding. This scarf carries the same essence as it previous owner and now the wearer of this scarf can gain the favors of those encountered.
    STATISTICS:
    Equipped Abilities: Set Cha to 18
    Weight: 1
    Not Usable by:

Cloak of Shape Changing Form
    This cloak was once worn by a very humble and aging hermit. This cloak would allow the hermit to form into simple forms such as squirrels, rats, dogs, or even cows if he wanted. However his most prefer form was that of a squirrel. This hermit was last seen being chased by his dog.
    STATISTICS:
    Equipped Abilities: Can change form once a day for each of the following forms: Chicken, Cow, Dog, Rat and Squirrel
    Weight: 3
    Not Usable by:

Binki Cowl
    Lord Binki ruler of his own domain wore this cowl which was bright red appeared to give Binki a fiery aura. Binki traveled the world gaining the respect of many nobles and kings. He even offered his services if ever needed. When Lord Binki was called upon to protect his king from a neighboring country he lived up to his word. He arrived and fought hard for the king and took down many enemies. Upon striking the last enemy only than did he realize he was on the wrong side of the battle field. And upon this Lord Binki drove his own sword into himself and that is the last time anyone heard from Lord Binki. This cloak is covered in Binki blood and is ever so tainted with his soul. This cloak will drive almost all who wear it nuts but at the same time protect the wearer from being blinded by on what side they are on.
    STATISTICS:
    Equipped Abilities:
    Protects the wearer from mind altering (charm, chaos, etc…) and Fear spells
    10% Extra HP
    Not Usable by

Tango’s Cloak
    Tango a strange and short little gnome traveled the land boasting of his magical power. However due to his true lack of Magical abilities Tango never lasted to long in any place at any given time. Fortney for Tango his cloak provided him enough protection that he was able to escape any one who actually wished to test Tango magical abilities. However tango ended up being ambushed by a group that believed his magical powers were nothing more than his ego. When push came to shove Tango surprisingly ended up being the lone survivor of that night. One day after a great fight Tango left his cloak upstairs in his room and started a fight which ended on the other end of town. That night Tango finally met his match and it is all due being left cloak-less.
    STATISTICS:
    Equipped Abilities:
    +1 AC
    Immune to Fear
    Special Abilities that require charges (5 charges total)
    When wearer is reduce to 1 HP cloak cast Heal on wearer (this uses on charge)
    Not Usable by:

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    To make it easier for me to simply copy+paste item description into my Setup.tra file, I would like if you all could write the setup for the item like this (so all descriptions will have a likewise setup):

<Name>

<Background>

STATISTICS:

Damage:
    THAC0:
    Special abilities:
    (?)
    Weight:
    Speed Factor:
    Proficiency Type:
    Type:
    Requires:
    (Not) Usable By:

@ Fireag
    I won't make those! They're overpowered to the rediculous, and cannot make a Pelvise(or whatever those shoulder things are called in english).. reduces casting time by 5! Immunity to death spells! Ac improvement! :nuts:
    sorry dude.

@ Goli
    I'll altert the weight to the weight of a regular Bastard Sword (why would it be 2-h if it wight only 1?).
    Yes, the dmg. is a little too much, I'll remove the vs. evil modifier.
    Also added a 10str requirrement... Seems logical to me.

@ UCLAP
    1d6+4 extra would be fine
    Causing creatures to be "knocked down" in approximately 1/4th of all attacks and slowed in approximately ½ of all attacks seems a wee too much for me. Lets make it a 5% effect instead, or what (everyone feel free to comment on this one)?

It is possible afair.

[ September 24, 2005, 17:01: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Someone out there interested in alpha and-/ or beta testing this item pack? I will need some to do some SoA and some to do some ToB (or both) testing on whether item damage/abilities behave proper, feedback on prices, altering of background/description where needed, etc...

Please PM me or write here if you're interested.

4. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Crystal Sword +2

This sword is a truly gorgeous weapon, with an intricate hilt made of an unidentifiable silvery metal and a long blade made of pure, clear crystal. In spite of its delicate appearance, the crystal is very sharp and hard, and further seems to be slightly repellant to hostile magic. The shopkeeper is not sure of the weapon's history nor how it got to this country, but he assures you there will never be another sword like this. Of course, he does stand to make more money if you believe that.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d10 + 2
    THAC0: +2
    Special abilities: Casts Minor Spell Turning once per day
    Weight: [Standard weight for two-handed swords, I can't remember off-hand]
    Speed Factor: [As weight]
    Proficiency Type: Two-Handed Sword
    Type: Two-handed
    Requires: 14 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Cleric
    Druid
    Mage
    Thief

[ September 26, 2005, 03:46: Message edited by: Western Paladin ]

5. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Okay go these two built and ready to send. Its took me hours to get the arrows working right. I'll add stories and a name to the bow later.

The bow is here because BG2 has no longbows that require no ammo and the selection was a bit limited to a few easily obtained good ones.

The arrows are a bit of fun. just something i cooked up whilst making the bow. If they are included i would limit the number sold , much like the Arrows of Dispelling are. They will cost alot as well.

Criticsm welcome :p

Longbow

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6 +2 Magic Damage +2 Piercing Damage
    Thac0: +3

Special Abilities:

Does not require ammunition

Every successful hit leaves the target with a -1 penalty to Thac0. This is cumulative with further attacks. The effect of each strike lasts 2 rounds.

Weight: 8lbs
    Speed Factor: 4
    Proficiency: Longbow
    Requires: 15 Strength
    Not usable by:
    Cleric
    Druid
    Mage (single)
    Monk

Amnish Roulette (arrows)

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6

There is a 5% chance one of the following may happen:-

Target petrified
    Target's sex changed
    Target slowed for 1 turn
    Target webbed for 3 rounds
    Target confused for 3 rounds
    Target polymorphed into a cow
    Target feebleminded for 2 rounds
    Target stunned for 2 rounds

There is a 60% chance that the target will recieve 1d6 additional piercing damage

No two effects will occur at the same time

Unsable by:
    Cleric
    Druid
    Mage (single)
    Monk

6. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Wild Surge arrows! I like! :cool:

Actually, if you have Weimer's Item Upgrade mod, you can upgrade the Heartseeker from Ribald's secret stash into "Teleomortis", a longbow that doesn't require ammunition. :)

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Yeah, but have you seen its stats, its pointless. i like items that arent overpowered but have some worth. i suppose it was +4 enchantment. Mines a +3 because i'm hoping it will be usable for mid SoA.

i may have to tone down the Thac0 drain because an Archer with grandmastery in longbows and relativly high level could get it down to a -10 penalty (-20 if improved hasted or GWW!!!). And I don't know if the piercing damage should be there. It allows the proficiency bonuses and class bonusses to be taken into account. I suppose it still does less damage than most melee weapons so is balanced.

Glad you like the arrows. its quite funny turning Amnish guard into devas (their oppisite sex avatar). I might reduce the chance of petrify, stun, feeblemind, confuse, and slow to 2%, remove the web, and leave the other two at 5%. Then increase the piercing damage to 80% chance of 1d3.

What do you think?

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Yeah, % chance THAC0 drain would be better, I think. And the piercing damage is fine - like you say, it still does less damage than most melee weapons. Feeblemind and confusion are dangerous ones, because they're script-breakers. Although, with a % chance that low, you'd probably be safe.

But you've done a good job; I always thought that an unlimited ammo longbow was a criminal omission from SoA. It's nice to see one that's not outrageously overpowered. :)

9. olimikrig

Media:
    It sounds great Malovae :thumb:

10. Malovae Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Okay went back did some editing and this is my contribution if you want to use it. All items are made so i just have to email them and their descriptions. They all work, as far as i can tell from testing, as they should do.

If you want me to make some for you let me know which ones, it might save you some time :) i've got plenty of it.

Oh, and the stories arent great but I'm nbot much of a story teller. Feel free to flesh them out ;)

Longbow +3: ‘Long Road’

This bow, slightly worn looking though brimming with energy, gifted to a young warrior named Ezkiel Quareen. Legend says that the skilled archer travelled great distances looking for a bow that was able to damage powerful foes that could resist even magical arrows. His efforts were in vain however, as there was no such bow he could find. On his way he found many shortbows that fit his purposes, but he had trained with longbows all his life and was not going to begin to use weak weapons only fit for thieves. He was beginning to lose heart until one day he came upon a slightly unstable elven character. After much pointless dialogue over what the existence of Halflings had achieved, he finally mentions a possibility that he could help him in his quest. Curious as to how the elf could know of his quest, he resisted putting an arrow in his chest. Telling Ezkiel he would be back in 3 days, he set off with no word of why. Ezkiel, tired and fed up decided there was no harm in waiting to see if there was anything to come of his encounter. Three days later this longbow fell on his head from the sky. He never saw the elf again.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6+2 Magic Damage +2 Piercing Damage

Special Abilities:

There is a 33% chance that upon a successful hit, that the target will suffer a -1 penalty to Thac0. This is cumulative with further attacks. The effect of each reduction lasts 2 rounds.

Weight: 8lbs
    Speed Factor: 4
    Proficiency: Longbow
    Requires: 15 Strength
    Not usable by:
    Cleric
    Druid
    Mage (single)

Amnish Roulette Arrows

These very rare arrows are believed to have been invented by war wizards in the employ of Amn several centuries ago. Amnish legionaries, presumably bored with normal interrogation method came up with an extraordinary game based on their favourite gambling pastime; roulette. Asking the war wizards for arrows that would have random effects on the targets was simple enough, coin, the only language many of the recruits spoke, was all was needed. The idea, the inventor proclaimed, would be for the hapless victims to shoot themselves with the new creations and to experience the humiliating or perhaps deadly consequences. Despite the great expense the legionnaires went too to play their morbid pastime, they soon lost interest as most often the result was a painful death from bleeding. The arrows were soon sold on throughout Amn to any who would have them at great profit to the legionnaires; but only after inserting a few into some cheating war wizards.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6

There is a 2% chance one of the following may happen:-

Target petrified (Save vs. death at -4 to avoid)
    Target confused for 2 rounds
    Target stunned for 2 rounds
    Target feebleminded for 2 rounds
    Target slowed for 1 turn

There is a 5% chance one of the following will happen:-

Target's sex changed
    Target polymorphed into a cow

There is an 80% chance that the target will receive 1d3 additional piercing damage

No two effects will occur at the same time

Malovae’s Defence Orb

This tiny swirling orb flies around the head of the user, defending from attacks and other dangers that doers of evil may throw at them. Despite this it also has some other useful abilities, including amplifying their telepathic ability and defending from evocation spells.

It is said to have been crafted by the great mage Malovae hundreds of years ago, but some modern scholars claim this to be myth, and that it’s true origin is Netheril. Despite this many still believe the ‘myth’, and continue with its namesake. Regardless of where it was made, this stone is a great asset for any mage who dabbles in adventuring.

STATISTICS:

Armour Class: +2
    Saving Throws: +2

Special Abilities:-

Mind Wave:

The orb that floats around the user’s head also has a mental link with the caster. When the caster wishes, he or she may unleash a wave of telekinetic energy and may possibly stun their opponents.

Damage: 3d8+5 electrical damage

Surrounding enemies will be stunned for 1 round (save vs. spells at +2 to avoid effect)

Usable 3 times a day

Energy Barrier:

The orb may also protect the user from harmful energy attacks from the school of evocation. This lasts for 5 rounds and negates the effects of all spells from that school, including area of effect.

Usable once per day

Malovae’s motto:

“Some things are better left unsaid” - Target is silenced for 2 rounds (no save)

Usable once per day

Weight: 1lb
    Requirements: 16 Intellegence
    Usable by:
    Mages (single, dual, multi)

[ September 25, 2005, 18:10: Message edited by: Malovae ]

11. olimikrig

Media:
    Nah :p that's what we've got the Great Magpie for :p

I'll take you up on this. I'll just do a list of remaining items, and give you some tasks. Feel free to alter where you think it's needed, if we'll have some clashes conserning that, we should be able to figure an middle way or alternative out :)

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Send away. I'm emailing you the ones I've done so far.

13. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Yeah, those arrows look really nice. I'd use them. :thumb:

I edited my sword's name to be just "Crystal Sword +2". You don't have to use it if you don't want, but if you do I think that sounds better than the way I had it before. :)

14. Firag Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

@olimikrig
    Then remove the casting time :p

Then remove the casting time :p

No one realy knows who forged this armor , but from the tales it is only know that the mother of Firag was the one that created it . No one know what the armor may give to his owner , but one it is know one put it on the body it can't be removed . When leaving for the border realms Firag left his armor in the Templar Hold . On the back side of the armor you can see the sign of HELM , on the other side you can see the sign of Black Dragon prepared to throw his breath to you . The Armor is black , with some red and white spots where the signs are .
    STATISTICS :
    Immune to Mind Control , Immune to Heal , Cursed , Protected from Normal Weapons
    AC : 3
    Weight : 96
    Only Usable By : Cleric

[ September 26, 2005, 07:45: Message edited by: Firag ]

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] Now that's cool. Might be worth lowering either the AC or the weight, though, otherwise people might not bother with it. After all, mundane Full Plate gives better AC, even if PFNW is very handy, enemies with normal weapons are rarely a threat anyway (unless you're a mage relying on PFMW). The really dangerous stuff will always have enchanted weaponry. Otherwise, I like the way you've worked the theme for the item. Immune to Heal is a nice touch - people might actually have to memorise some of the "lesser" healing spells, for once!

16. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Yeah, that looks good. Its not very often that you get a cursed item worth using :)

Lower AC to the same as Full Plate +1 and the weight slightly as Magpie says and I would stick it on a cleric. Its quite easy to make as well.

17. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

olimikrig how many items and weapons do you have to date?

18. Firag Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Ok magpie than the new stats should be :
    STATISTICS :
    Immune to Mind Control , Immune to Heal , Cursed , Protected from Normal Weapons
    AC : 0
    Weight : 40
    Only Usable By : Cleric

19. olimikrig

Media:
    As up to now I've got 26 plus some addtional item Malovae is at making.
    I'm myself currently creating a moonblade, which requirres some effort since it should be only wearable by an elven PC :p
    And, I want it to deal 10d10 lightning damage to the wearer and destroy itself if any Evil elven PC tries to use it ;)

20. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

olimikrig I will make a moonblade usable by only a y Eleven Ranger when I get to the long sword category. My last one I was one was cloaks. I still have a way to go.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.