1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Some Guy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

:-)

Not surprisingly, so was *I*! ;-)

I was rather astonished that there wasn't more generally-distributed info out there about this; I'm sure that this has been more widely observed. Don't know the ratio of "hasn't asked on a forum, but observed this" for these sorts of problems, but I'm guessing others have given up.

So again, thanks to YOU/ "you all" for the info! :-)

2. zarreff Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Hello Everybody! Im new here!!!!!! :D of course me posting here should give that away already :p

I really only made myself an account here because I wanted to post a new soundset for Icewind Dale 2! Its going to be a soundset of Sam Neil's Merlin (that movie is awesome!) Does anybody still play Icewind Dale 2?

3. Son of Imoen Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I still HAVE TO play Icewind Dale 2. It's on my list of yet to play games, does that count? Having too much fun with IWD 1 still.

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Howdy zarreff, welcome. And yes, IWD2 still sees plenty of traffic around here.

5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm in the process of playing it and writing a YT video based guide on Tactics4IWD2 as I speak. ;)

6. FlipperX Gems: 1/31

Everyone

[​IMG]

Hello there y'all!!!!. I am from deep deep south GA. Actually you can't get much deeper, lol. I live in Valdosta about 15 miles from Florida. Thankfully it has finally cooled down into the 80s here, but ya know, I may just be sitting out on the deck shirtless and in shorts on Christmas and New Year's :D That is what I did last year. I have only lived hear about 2 years so still not used to it. We moved down here from Hanover, PA. Sorry, we had to get away, no offense to people from there, but the overwhelming amount of petty people was one of our Top 3 reasons for moving away. Ok, I am glad to be part of this forum. I have hardly any knowledge about Baldurs Gate and the entire DnD series. I am just very eager and mystified about playing each game on the PC beinginning with my first 2 Baldurs Gate I-Tales of Sword Coast, and Plancescape Torment. I have no idea what Im getting into, but I want to know so baaad!! ;) y'all have a great weekend!!!!

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Welcome aboard FlipperX! What you're in for is a lot of fun :)

8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome FlipperX. If you can hold out a few more weeks on Baldur's Gate, the Enhanced Edition is going to be released next month. It will contain some new companions, new content, visual improvements (including native support for high resolutions), numerous bug fixes, etc.

Anyhow, around here games like BG, Torment, and Icewind Dale are much loved, and there are plenty of folks who are willing to answer questions and the like. I hope you find what you're looking for in these games, just as so many of us have. :)

9. Sujamma Gems: 1/31

Hello everyone! You have a nice community here. I have been using this forum for a long time regarding information about the Baldur's Gate Saga. I just thought maybe I should make an account. Thanks for all the useful information! :D

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  11. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

Well hello again! It is a pleasure to return to this forum, it's been so long! So many fond memories! (And I recall spending possibly too much of my time during college browsing here...)

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    :wave:

Hey, welcome back to the boards.

13. AngelusMortem Gems: 1/31

Media:
    Greetings. I recently discovered this group while searching for Dragon Age: Origins MODS, and information. Yes i know DA is a title you either love or hate, i am one that loves it, and am totally stoked about DAIII.

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Welcome. I don't know too many people that disliked DA:O. Now, the second one, that's another story . . .

15. AngelusMortem Gems: 1/31

Media:
    Good point. Thanks!
    I am really hoping that Bioware takes DAIII back to it's roots.
    They have asked for input from us fans, and say they are taking note of it.
    ( *fingers crossed* )
    The artwork i have seen so far looks amazing.
    Just hope the characters are as intersting as the first group was, their interactions had me laughing myself silly at times.
    That is why even to this day, i still enjoy playing it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  16. Gehennis Gems: 1/31

Greeting

My screen name is actually one of the chief bad guys (well woman, in her case :D) of a dungeon I created for my best friend's D&D/Warhammer Quest mash up world setting. I've been hanging out at the Co8 as I've finally tried to finish 2 classic games, that being TTOEE and Baldur's Gate (these are being played off of the original disks BTW). Trust me, I WILL be looking for help so here I am! :cool:

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Welcome! I'm sure the anwers to your questions can be found here somewhere :)

18. FLUFFOO Gems: 1/31

Whats Up

you guys can call me fluff or fluffoo im a pretty down to earth person i walk the path of wicca im a sword, knife, and candle holder collector i play xbox cod:mw2 and cod:waw im a pretty big gammer but im also very spiritual as well i am a 420 patient and i came on this site to find out info on a few subjects

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 44 seconds later... ----------

would any of you happen to know a few good annulling spells or rituals?

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 12 seconds later... ----------

or recommend any books on the subject

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 39 seconds later... ----------

my bad i dont think this is what i was lookin for i dont play dnd or anything like that

19. argento-dtw Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Greetings!

"Well, well, well... what have we here?" :D

Greetings to everyone here!

I am an old school gamer and long-time lurker of your community, which, amogst the mass of sites around, I've always found to be the best!
    Alas, I never managed to take the time to get into it and subscribe until now.

I have grown in Italy and used to work as a Programmer/Unix Sysadmin, but have recently moved to Switzerland since, sadly, the italian market is not quite at its best regarding things like.. err... being able to have and keep a job, you know.

So, to keep my morale high while (almost) unemployed, I have decided to bring my favourite games with me and start to run through them again :p

I am proud to say that I have played Infinity Engine games since they first came out, during high school, and still can't help but replay them over and over.

My all time favourites (I.E. and not I.E.) are BG1/ToSC, BG2/ToB, Arcanum (as you may already have guessed), PS:T, Dragon Age: Origins, NWN1/SoU/, IWD1.

I never was able to finish IWD2, though, for many reasons. But I will, together with NWN2 :).
    In CRPGs I am both into roleplaying and powerplaying; it depends from the run: sometimes I like to be totally into the story, other times I love to mess around acting stupid with overpowered character builds.

I am currently doing a BG1 ----> ToB run as a Chaotic Evil Human Priest of Talos / Mage (guess the type of run :D), and it's my first time using Tutu (Kivan really has become fantastic story wise.... it is so sad...it hurts me so much that I had to randomly kill him :D).
    So far, I have completed BG1 + expansion doing almost everything except Durlag's Tower (please, forgive me) and am right at the beginning of SoA in the Unseeing Eye questline. :)

I also am a traditional PnP player and am keeping in touch with my lifetime friends in Italy by playing DND4.0 through Skype weekly.
    I play as a Neutral lvl.11 Eladrin Mage/Shadow Assassin. :)

Besides this I am very much into literature and for what concerns fantasy, am a fan of Tolkien since I was 12 and, recently with the HBO series, a Game of Thrones fanatic and ecently began to read the books too.

If the length of my post already scares you, I'm sure you will be terrified when I will reveal Cyric's plans to you, last but not least the fact that I will RULE... uhm... well ... :D I think I will have fun here!

Thanks for providing such a good community!

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nice intro, you'll fit right in here. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.