1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hello :). You mean you do not want to know, or that it is not mandatory that you do?

2. Rittiner Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi. I'm new here (to the board, at least). I've been raiding the guides and patches and whatnot for a few months now, but never got around to posting. I'm not really a gamer, but I occasionally start up a game of Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale. I've never actually finished either because I always decide I should have made an evil mage instead of a good fighter or something of that nature, and also because the family and school take up a lot of my time. I'm replaying Icewind Dale right now, though, and I hope to complete it and Baldur's Gate and move on to the sequels pretty soon (I've never been able to play IWD2 or BG2 because it didn't seem right until I finished the originals). Anyway, I decided I ought to sign up on the forums in case useful information might pop up.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hi Rittiner. You don't have to be a gamer to enjoy the boards. We've got a load of non-gaming forums :D have fun

4. Tialalee Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Hello to all!

[​IMG] Heya! Its nice to find a new gaming community. I have been following the progression of D&D for years now, as I LOVE the love the lore of the Forgotten realms, I was very Sad that WotC didn't release Dragonlance for 3.5 before they gave us (Dumped) 4th ed in our laps....All that aside, I have been an avid WOW gamer, but I have grown bored of that monster, so I dug around in a drawer of forgotten treasures....Where I pulled up NWN,ToEE and IWD. I didn't purchase these games originally, seems like I have influenced my much younger brother in his awesome gaming sense, (Don't tell him I said that). Its been a Huge blast of the past with IWD and the 2ed rule set. NWN is awesome too, I rolled a Monk to see what I could pull off, At lvl 20 its rediculous XD. I found ToEE nice as well, The lvl 10 cap is freakin annoying, even though I routinely gut dungeon rooms with Entangle and 2 fireballs. Well as you can tell in this huge spill of Text that I......I am....A geek. Got D20?

~Tia~

The Great Snook likes this.
  5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Join us and embrace your geekiness :lol:

6. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Hello, people :). Those about to get as nerdy as possible salute you! Also, evil mages FTW, the LE sophisticated snobbish type. Or the CE ones, lusting after power. 'Sall good. Or evil, in that case.:D

7. Lolfutas Gems: 1/31

Hurr durr hi guuuuuys.
    I've known about this forum for some time, researching glitches and mods and solutions often leads me here, but I finally decided to make an account so I can be unlikable in a new place.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  8. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Herp derp, y hullo thaaar.

For those not fond of memetic mutations - my quite barbaric welcome could be roughly translated into the language fit for the more civilized individuals among us as follows: Why, hello there, newcomer, I happen to recognize the onomatopeias you had used - their presence in your writings evoked my merriment. :D:D:D

9. Lolfutas Gems: 1/31

That's about the opposite of the goal I just established D: <

10. Silvery

Media:
    Ignore Rune, she's a bit mental :lol:

Anyway...hi. I'm the local drunk. Not to be confused with the village idiot. That's Splunge :p

11. Lolfutas Gems: 1/31

Who's the drunk idiot, then?

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... I think I've been accused of that before ... but you're welcome to take the title if you want. :p

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mission accomplished. :p
    I represent that remark!

14. Lolfutas Gems: 1/31

Hey thanks buddy

15. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

But wait... just... a... bit? *frowns and starts rocking compulsively* :lol:

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I generally assume that members on SP are male unless there is evidence to the contrary. Runescarred being a case in point.

17. Silvery

Media:
    Me, Rune, 8 and CelticDream are all women. Not too sure about anyone else....especially DotW :lol:

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

And that is EXACTLY why I F'N love her!

You need a visual aid, perhaps? I can accomodate that.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How is she a case in point when she has evidence to the contrary in the left side of every post she makes?

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He means the gender icons, for those who don't notice things like that until 5 years after I implement them. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.