1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Aww, so nice to have you back Nakia... :)

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Alright, SP....alright, alleys. You just couldn't keep me away forever.

Girl, let's give it one more try.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    Caradhras likes this.
  4. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Hello to those who I haven't yet met who have come back :)

And DR - I used to love that singer and this song when I was younger... damn now I'm going to have to find and download this song! lol

Edit - omg I still know the lyrics to this song... ok now I feel old lol

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you, Splunge and Oct. :) It is good to see you. and Montresor and Iku and anyone else I missed. Thank you.

6. Poddy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Heh. To the point.

Hello. :)

Welcome aboard. :wave:

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    First the important part - Welcome back Nakia - I just noticed your return.

I am also back after my mini-vacation. The reason I refer to it as such is that it is the first time since my son was born that my wife and I went out together. (My son will turn 3 this summer.)

The wedding was on my wife's side of the family, so we dropped little man off with my parents, and had the weekend to ourselves. The only downside was the load of driving. From Maryland to northern Pennsylvania, from there to just outside of NYC (Jersey side - or as the locals say, "Joisey"), back to Pennsylvania, and then back to Maryland. So there was only one night in the five nights I was away, where I woke up and went to sleep in the same city.

Anyway - holy wedding. There was about 150 people there, and there was a $100K price tag for that thing - certainly the most extragavant wedding I've ever attended. Everything was over the top. The reception was from 6-midnight, open bar the whole time with top shelf stuff. And when I say top shelf, I mean top shelf. If you ordered a gin and tonic, you got Bombay Sapphire. If you ordered a martini, you got Grey Goose (unless you're like me and drink gin martinis).

[tangent] I find it annoying that when I want a martini, I have to specifically order a gin martini. The original martini was made with gin - it's vodka that's the newcomer. I understand that vodka martinis are now more popular, but you should have to specify that you want a vodka martini and not the other way around. [/tangent]

Anyway, to make a long story short, the rehersal dinner was on Thursday, and the wedding was Friday. I think I drank more in those two days than I had drank for the year up to that point. And most of it was in the bar after the rehersal and wedding. We had to check out of the hotel at noon Saturday, and we had to go straight to a diner instead of driving back to PA - I think the reason I wasn't hungover was because I may well have been drunk still.

9. CelticDream

Media:
    Welcome back!!

I envy you your mini vacation, even if you did only spend 1 night sleeping in the same city that you woke up in. I'm not married, nor do I have kids with me, but I think the last true vacation I took was.... ummmm.... well hell, maybe 11 years ago?

Hope you had a lot of fun at the wedding, even with all the driving :) I also completely understand your 'tangent' as well!

Again, glad to have you back with us!

10. Gauntra Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Evening everyone. My name is Richard, I live in a small town in Michigan USA. I love gaming, PC mostly but my favorite type of game of all time will always be P&P (paper and pencil). I am a D&D journeymen of over 12 years and still going strong. I actually found this site when I goggled some lore on the Rashemi for a fact check for a character concept for an upcoming campaign I am hosting and thought "What the heck, Ill try it out and see."

P.S.
    I get this question a few times so Ill just state it here and now. My profile name 'Gauntra' is both the name of my inner soul and also the name of my first ever D&D character (a Barbarian/Fighter I named Gauntra Bloodswimmer)

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  11. CelticDream

Media:
    Welcome aboard and may you have many happy postings here amongst us unique souls here at the BoM!

Small town MI? Awesome! I have a sister who lives in MI and I live about 30 minutes south of the IN/MI border :D

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The name of my inner soul is Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-busstop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel.

13. CelticDream

Media:
    Nice to meet ya Biscuitbarrel! :lol:

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aww, Bruno, don't take the mick! For all you know we may all be nutty hippies!

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Against my original idea, I've once again drifted back. I'm drawing the line in the sand right now... new day, new rules, and some of you aren't going to like DotW 2.0. Sorry 'bout your damn luck if you don't.

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bah! Despite your bluster, you'll still be known as a cuddly teddy bear.

17. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    It's good to have you back Disciple! You were missed! :)

18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :wave: Gauntra, Welcome to Sorcerers Place. As you can see we are a little crazy but on the whole harmless and even friendly and helpful. It only took me a year to decide their wouldn't demolish me. :)

Gosh, DotW, what ever would I do without you. Thank heavens we are addictive. Welcome back.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Good to see you too, grandma rogue.

20. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sorry, do we know you? You look oddly like someone we used to know called 1.0... he was into binary I think :D

wb ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.