1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. DecayOfSouls Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello everyone! I finally got around to registering after lurking for a few years. I decided to finally register because I love all the IE games and the Fallout games and I still play them all regularly to this day even with all of the newfangled Gears of War's and Resistance's coming out these days. These old games are some of the best and I feel they represent the pinnacle of CRPGing. With that said I also think that this site and community represent the pinnacle of CRPGing. I've not found another forum or community as dedicated as this one, especially not to older games such as the ones here. Most places that have forums and pages dedicated to these games are very barren and inactive and I'm glad to be here in a place that hasn't forgotten how great these games were and still are. I salute everyone that helps make this community as great as it has become and I'm happy to become a part of it. :clap:

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Great intro there, welcome aboard!

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Welcome DoS :wave: Enjoy your stay!

4. MagicPot Gems: 1/31

Hello. I'm new :shocking:
    I just posted a question about the temple of elemental evil :-)

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:

Welcome to Sorcerer's Place. Can't help you with your question but I can say welcome. :wave: :)

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    As above, so below. Welcome to the Boards o' Magic :wave:

7. starshadow Gems: 1/31

hello everyone im starshadow and thanks again for this forum im new here and like toget some help when possable from more experienced gamers i really enjoy forgoten relms games and im a little lost here so if any one could help i would apprecate it
    thnks again starshadow

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    First, Good to have you here. :wave:
    Second, Grammar. Please use it.

Loreseeker likes this.
  9. SuperGuyTurboX Gems: 1/31

Well, I'm shocked!

So many years since I played BG2:TOB, and I find there is still an active community for infinity engine/nwn enthusiasts!

Some background:

I've been playing infinity engine and similar games since BG1 was released. I played constantly on the gamespy servers of BG2 under the names Xunlin and Spellsword for about two years or so after the game's release, then moving on after a while to Icewind Dale and NWN.

I'm not sure how many people still play those games, but hi anyway. Maybe I'll even remember some of you:O

10. Al the Dumb Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Hello, back after an enforced absence due to extreme work pressure, hopefully I will have more time to play. Small problem with that: see the miscellaneous thread.

Good to see the old place still running.

Al

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Welcome SuperGuy :)

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome and Welcome Back! :)

13. bazr Gems: 1/31

hi forum people,

as usual I jumped in first with a question before reading the suggestion to introduce oneself.............much apologies!!

Living on a sailing cat on the Australian east coast and am quite young at 67 yrs so it's a wonder I can still see to type
    :).

My first computer had to have the os loaded by a tape recorder and the rpg's were just text.

Unfortunately my time on the net is limited because of signal problems as we move around and also wireless rates are not cheap in OZ so I only have 20 hrs month which does go quickly talking to the kids etc.

My interest in games has remained and I try to keep up with the latest ones that seem to appeal but have to take a quess mostly, this forum would appear to be a good resourse for info so I will continue to check in without asking too many questions.

Recently finished Witcher,Oblivion and involved in MOB at the moment after enjoying nwm 1 & 2 (there seems to be other expansions also but not aware of the names yet).

Really enjoyed all the Myst series and sorry they came to an end.
    Thank God for laptops otherwise I would have to have a REALLY long 240Volt cable.

No need to answer this as I have already being welcomed on my question post so thanks very much to the forum.

all the best to everyone,

Bazr

Loreseeker likes this.
  14. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    No need, but friendly.Welcome Bazr

15. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ooo, Bazr, another :geezer: to join us ancient ones! Welcome, uh, aboard - no, wait, if you're living on a sailboat you're already aboard, aren't you?

16. Cyanide Gems: 1/31

Hello fellow gamers.

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 25 seconds later... ----------

I am new to this forum and really don't know where to begin. I need some assistance in NWN2. Am I in the right place for assistance or do I need to go elsewhere?

17. Taluntain

Media:
  18. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Ok, I am back. Well, kind of. I can do the message boards but for some bizarre reason Java won't work on this hunk of junk laptop I borrowed from a friend, until mine gets fixed :mad: So I can't go into the FAI or use MSN messenger :cry:

Hi everyone :wave: Did you miss me ?

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Shelly! How the devil are ye? :D

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'm good. Lots of stuff gone on some good, some bad but everything's great now :) Missed you all

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.