1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Goodbye Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

My father went through the ranks. He's a Major now, but I'll go through Sandhurst. If I ever see you, Sir F, you'll be calling me 'Sir' :D

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Good luck. ;)

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Good luck, Sir F! here's to your success :beer:

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What rank do you start with after that, Daie? Here they get 2nd Lieut. after leaving military school, but we don't have cornets and the like ancient ranks. Damn, and from private to major in a time of peace is impressive. Did it involve officer training or was it a promotion for achievement rank by rank without lectures and classes? I don't think the normal promo roll can make a private into an officer before retirement.

5. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

Drinks can still be on you though, Sir :D

6. chevalier

Media:
    And good luck in the cavalry, Sir Farivald. :D

7. Daie d'Malkin

I'll get you a beer in the Mess, Sir F. If you're in Germany, that is.

8. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Good luck with your military career! After what I've seen of the Finnish military in the last four months and especially the officers I have very little interest in military career but I hope you'll like it better. ;)

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hey all, I realize I haven't been posting regularly for a while, but that's because I've been getting ready to go back to Greece on a dig for the summer, and I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll see you all when I get back at the end of July.

Take care, and see you then!

[ May 21, 2006, 16:47: Message edited by: Laiwethel ]

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Have fun, Lai.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Have fun in Greece, Lai bring souvenir for SP m'kay?

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Have fun Lai! :D

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Oh we're having souvenirs, Ouzo for me please Lai :D

Enjoy yourself and try and have some fun amongst the learning...

14. Daie d'Malkin

Say hi to Aphrodite for me. Tell her I think she's hawt!

Have fun in Greece, and come back with a tan, m'kay?

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

/me hands out ouzo all around

Have some now :p

I'm planning on having a blast, and I will definately be tanned when I get back. The problem will be distinguishing between dirt tan and actual tan :rolleyes: . The joys of playing in the dirt for 7 hours a day.

16. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well you can tell us it's for the dig, but we all know its really for the sun. :p Have a good one! :)

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Enjoy and good luck, Lai! :)

18. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I figured I should explain why I returned to doing the DA news then stopped after such a short time, even though I'm sure few noticed/know who I am :D .

Alas, my mother has only 2 years to live according to her doctors. She had open heart surgery 9 years ago while being only several weeks away from death, a month after my family's landing on US soil from Cuba. One of her valves was cleaned and she was fine for some time, but several years ago we had large family problems which caused serious stress and depression to her shortening her previous thought life span. She will have to be operated ASAP once more, this time to replace one of her valves (if her body accepts it) with a fake one. Not only are there several serious risks involved with this, but she's quite weak and I've known for a while she might die young, her middle 40's.

I had to stop doing DA news - along with many other activities - to take care of my mother. She had to stop working and I feared I would have to go live with my father as her husband is in the 60's and barely works. Thankfully though, my elder brother is supporting us along with my minimum wage. I'll be starting college studies soon (plan to be an EMT), as well as continued care of my mother until months after her operation. So I don't expect to return for quite some time. As always, I'll be around.

19. chevalier

Media:
    Best wishes for you and your mother in the current situation, Eldular.

@Lai: Enjoy the dig. Wonder what's the relationship between archaelogical findings and alcohol... :D

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Eldular, I am sorry to hear about your family situation. I will miss you. My prayers are with you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.