1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Goodbye Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Wordplay: Hey, we didn't agree on quite a few things, but that just made you being here worthwile. Had some nice time sparring with you few times on the field of opinions and words. Now behave :nono: :shake: , and best of luck :wave:

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well, not that many people will miss me, given how often I've posted these past few years, but none the less, I'm off for the next 9 or so months, so just thought I'd drop a message here to say bye. Off to the States until October, then heading over to Costa Rica for the rest of the year. I'm sure I'll pop in once or twice, but just incase I don't, enjoy the rest of the year!
    :wave:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Have fun and see you around... there's Internet everywhere these days. ;)

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yes, have fun, and enjoy your stay in the States, RotKU. :)

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Take care, Rotku! Hope to see you around!

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Self-imposed exile for at least two weeks. Trying to go 100% internet (minus work related) and politics free the whole time if I can help it. I need to decompress.

If any of you see me online between now and Sep. 24th, please tell me I'm a dingleberry with no willpower. Or, get creative - just something suitably shaming.

Thanks.

7. Chandos the Red

Media:
    See ya soon, and enjoy your sabbatical, DR. :)

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    DR,
    all the best, take care :)

9. Montresor

Media:
    Take care, DR, and please please PLEASE remember to come back! :)

10. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Those of us in the Houston area are about to get hit by Hurricane Ike. The storm is only a cat 2, but may be a cat 3 by tomorrow morning. We will probably lose power for the next few days, unless we luck-out. So I probably won't be back until sometime next week. See ya'll on the other side of the storm.... :wave:

11. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Take care, Chandos. See you soon.

12. Montresor

Media:
    Take care, Chandos! I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone in Ike's path!

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Alright peeps, I've decided to splurge and get a better internet connection (20 GB upload! /insert holy miracle music), so things might go dark for a couple of days.

And it's a very decent possibility you'll see me hopping on the SPS boat as well.

So if I go MIA, (not that I think anyone gives a damn :shake:) no worries, I'll be back.

14. Loreseeker

Media:
    Just remember to bring the Puter Bane II, when you get back, Disciple. :p

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I give a damn. Not enough dark humor here without you. Hope you get your net up soon.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

*chuckles* Ah yes, good ol' dark humor. Good to see at least one person appreciating it... and the best is still yet to come... promised.

Oh, yeah, the official disconnection date for my crappy ADSL and the official installation of cable hi-speed happen to be on the very same day. There's gonna be some wires to be run, but I can take care of the configuration myself... as a matter of fact, I got cable running perfectly well side-by-side with FreeBSD, so it's all good.

In short, I ain't going anywhere. Things could go black for at worst a couple of hours, I have to wait for the installation guy to run the necessary wiring for cable internet, and I have to go all the way to the other side of town to get rid of that crappy ADSL once and for all. With working five nights this week I seriously feel like telling them they can shove their damn modem where the sun doesen't shint, but I get a little motivation knowing this is the last time I EVER have to deal with this bunch of asses!

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Well, here we are. The computer's getting packed tomorrow (almost everything else already is) and I'm off on Thursday early morning. I shouldn't be too long without internet access but I don't know how long the hiatus will last, so I'll just end with "I'll be back!"

18. Loreseeker

Media:
    Safe journey, Z.

See you soon. :)

19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Twice in a row in almost exactly six months. Interesting.

Anyway I'm off to England for a week, to act as the best man at a friend's wedding. I have no idea why I got dragged into this, but it promises to quite fun :)

If all goes well I'll be back on here in 10 days.

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Off the reservation for about a week. Gettin' married.

Hollah.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.