1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best games machine

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Silvery, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I use a variety of gaming machines and this is why...

PS3 - I use to machine quite a bit for 3rd person shooters, console only games, and will start using it more regularly since I just bought Dragon Age for the PS3 since my wife is now using the PC on a regular basis.

PC - Mostly used to play RPGs and a few strategy games. Some other games played on the PC are on Facebook or other online games.

Wii - Mostly used in the winter for Wii Fit and Wii Active.

Hand Held Games - Used on car trips when not driving, which rarely happens.

As for PS2 games not working on the PS3, it all depends on the model purchased. I have one of the original 60GB models, which means that the PS2 games I can play are run on the hardware and not the software like the original 80GB model.

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

PC for big RPGs and RTS gaming.

Sega Genasis(Yep, that's right!) for old-school rpgs. Long live The Shining Force.

Playstation for more old school Fantasy gaming.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Neo-Geo FTW! It's a 2D graphics powerhouse that was light years ahead of it's time, as a matter of fact the Neo-Geo was the first system to use memory cards, if I'm not mistaken, and the games are fun as hell, like Magician Lord. I just can't get enough of this game.

Sega Genesis for the ever great Sonic games, and COLUMNS. This is another game I just can't get enough of. It's challenging, but hey, that's the way it should be. AD&D: Warriors of The Eternal Sun was the classic epitome of a D&D RPG.

Atari Jaguar for the best console port of DOOM... Silent DOOM since there's no music. Why?!? Tempest 2000 is fun and addictive, too. Attack of the Mutant Penguins is the weirdest game I ever played.

Sega 32X - yes, it's an abysmal failure, but the 32X has another great port of DOOM, but the music is ASS! It sounds better on Super Nintendo, and on the 32X, one would expect the music to be kickass, but no, the music is HORRIBLE!

NES/Famicom: Mega Man. Enough said.

Atari 2600: Yeah, old school. Kool Aid Man, that game is awesome when in a second state.

I could go on, but enough, really.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  4. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I have a PC that I use quite a lot for gaming, as it's a bit of a powerhouse. I generally use it for games that either aren't out on console, or games that would clearly be better on a PC (Dragon Age springs to mind).

I have an Xbox 360, which is broken and which Microsoft now refuse to fix for free. With that in mind, I use it mainly as a doorstop.

With the 360 broken, I sold all my games for it, and with the profits, bought a PS3! Backwards compatible model too. It's also my primary DVD/Blu Ray player.

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

You pulled out some old consoles there.

One console I use to enjoy was the Turbo Graphic 16 with it's CD player unit. It was actually the first console to use CD's. I enjoyed the TG-16 for playing the Y's series.

Neo-Geo and Atari Jaguar are classic examples of console systems offerring too much hardware but not having the software to support it which lead to the companies moving out of the console business.

I was scared that would happen to the PS3, but thank god Sony was able to get some games to it before it became an EPIC FAILURE!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.