1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best friend of the Christian church

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by SleepleSS, Feb 4, 2005.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Yesterday this guy walks up to me and says: “I want to talk with you about Christianity.” And then he gave the standard Jesus is our saviour speech. But this time during his story I came to a conclusion! Suddenly I knew who was the most important character for Christians. It’s not God not Jesus It’s Satan!

Let my explain: This guy told me “You only got one chance to life, after that God will decide if you go to stay with him and Jesus and heaven or that you lived your live in sin and must go to hell.” Satan is the ruler of Hell, and since he is there to give a home to all the sinners that God doesn’t want in his beautiful heaven, he must be God’s best friend.

Christians also say that Satan is the source of all that is evil and the only way to release your self from this evil ways is to except the love of God, so in other words if there was no Satan God would be out of work.

So if you look at all this you can only come to the conclusion that Satan is the most important person from the Christian belief since he is there to do all the dirty tasks God doesn’t want to do.

[ February 04, 2005, 16:51: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

For further reading go to the book of Job from the Old Testament.

3. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I am shocked by this post.

Not the content of it, but the fact that everyone hasn't realized this.

A few members of my family believe that anything not done in the glory of Jesus, it is done for the glory of Satan. For example, if you don't ask for blessing of your food, you are eating your food to the nourishment of Satan instead of to the glory of God. Music is another big issue with them. Any music that is not sung in to the glory of God/Jesus (gospel) is sung to the glory of Satan.

They look at everything in life under this light.

Yeah, they are real fun to spend time with. NOT!

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Most christmas carols are actually reworkings of pagan songs and some are just pagan songs with new lyrics. So is this insulting God to sing pagan songs for him?

Satan is not just 'a friend of the Christian church' as SleepleSS puts it - take a look at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4037009.stm

5. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Cesard,

If you are asking me, I really have no idea how they look at this. I got my as chewed all day on a Christmas a few years ago because a wrote xmas. I was Xing out Christ. I tried to explain that x is chi in Greek letters and is the first letter of Christ in Greek, so it is really not cutting out Christ. They accused be of being an apostate and treated my like crap for the rest of the day, so I am not going to point out that some of they songs that are supposed to be to the glory of Jesus are based on pagan songs.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *Sigh*
    This is far FAR to complex to give my opinion on.
    I started a whole rant. But I found myself lost in all things I should explain.

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I think it's pretty silly to say that there is a Christian church as if all Christians were a big horde of crucifix-wearing zealots. I mean, given the split between Protestantism and Catholicism, and then the numerous denominations (especially in the US), it is pretty extreme to label people as part of a "Christian church."

Other than that, I have to say that I have a feeling that you have not been exactly accepting of Christianity in general before the time you came to your conclusion. It seems to happen a lot for both sides - people are not always tolerant of others when they decide that others' beliefs are "ungodly" or "stupid." It is easy and quick to conclude something when it agrees with what you were thinking in the first place (or disagrees with whoever you don't like or have prejudged).

8. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

SleepleSS...your abductor was sadly incoherent on 'Christian Theology"...I'm sorry.

If someone wants to start a thread on "What does Christianity teach?", I'll be happy to contribute...but in the case of such a self-serving 'Christianity-"Bad"...agnosticism-"Good"'
    thread...

[ February 05, 2005, 16:28: Message edited by: Hacken Slash ]

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Is that Christianity?

Well, seriously, you always get a chance to get your sins forgiven if you are willing to accept the forgiveness. Hell is more of a matter of your own choosing. People aren't helpless until they condemn themselves and decide there's no salvation for them. God says something different. He says no matter how great your sins are, you can still be forgiven if you ask. Sometimes God will ask you if you want to be forgiven, but it's only fair that both parties agree on this one, right? You can't effectively forgive someone who doesn't want forgiveness except just to cleanse your own soul.

I am one.

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

But is it so wrong for me that I point out the good things of Satan? I mean he is there to punish the bad people isn't he? So if he does that he must be considered at least a bit good.

That is the way that guy said it, but I remember I hearth your story some times before.

@ Oaz: You know you could be so right about that...

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Huh? So the people of Abu Ghraib were good people too?

Come on, God is good, Satan is evil, it's duality, that idea has been there since Zoroaster came up with it.
    We could classify Semite religion as a duality, it has a good god, and an evil god, it's just that semites only acknowledge the good one as a god because he created the universe, while the bad one corrupts it.

Sleepless, I think Christians define evil as absence of God, as a shadow is the absence of light. That rules out why Satan can't have good points...

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, It's sad to talk about hell, evil and Satan, but sometimes these things must be said. I rather don't want to point these things out, but I would have to warn others for it. I don't like to see people ending 'down there'.

I hear people complain about Christians talking about hell and heaven.
    Please keep this in mind: If you would understand what I believe, you would expect me to tell others about heaven and to warn them for hell. It would be very selfish if I let people stew in their own juice. I want people to join the party.

Don't see us as people threatening you. Try to see us as people who care for you, even if you have a total different view on what might happen when our lives end.

(I don't like to talk about these things, I must admit)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.