1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best fighter class

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sirdan, May 13, 2002.

1. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] in my opinion, the best fighter type is the dwarven or half-orc barbarian. they can soak up the damage and dish it out like no other. try hammers and axes for a dwarf (versatility comes from the axe, as you can find some cool magical throwing axes about the place, and killing power comes from the crom faeyr. dual wield for best effect) and for half orcs: axes (for throwing) and two handed swords (for LOADS of damage). these weapons also suit these races well in terms of roleplay.

for armour, i suggest crimson chain, or even grandmaster's leather. i think people underestimate this armour's capabilities!!

2. Person_Persival Banned

[​IMG] Heres something youve never heard, a shapeshifter. Now most people who have played this game over and over would have realized by now that Cerd is very powerfull at lvl13, thats when he becomes a GREATER WEREWOLF, this is a very impressive shapeshifting ability. Why not make the main char a shapeshifter? Can cast druid spells, and a powerfull fighter, when you shapeshift into greaterwerewolf, you get -10AC as a BASE, and get many resistances to about 50. Not only this, I dualed classed my SS to a fighter at lvl 16, so now he gains the amazing THACO of a fighter, the HP and the lvl20 fighter ability! Note, in case u have not played Shapeshifter or used Cerd, in GWW form, you get 21str, 20dex, 25con. Impressive? Yes...yes it is

3. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I've always prefered the Kensai or the Monk myself. Monk's abilities are cool, but they can have trouble hitting baddies that require powerful weapons.

The fist is no match for a +5 blade.

4. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Does anyone know what weapon is Greater's Werewolfs claws when it determines what it can hit (I mean +2,+3 what?) and how much damage they inflict? Also how does the Shapeshifter's THAC0 when they transform into Greater Wolfweres change?

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The greater werewolf's (weregr01) claw is enchanted +2 and deals out 1d12 damage. The G.W. has str-21 and a base AC of 4. Shapeshifters THACO is 8 (dunno if base or not), he has 3 numbers of attack.

I can't tell you anything about the shapeshifter though.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited June 01, 2002).]

6. Person_Persival Banned

You then have to take into account the dex difference, No idea why but its -10 for me with no items on me. Hmmm....My godly powers baffle me once again

Also, I think the GWW has a +3 attack, I just wish he hit as though using the weapon in his hand THEN have gww bonuses :(

[This message has been edited by Person_Persival (edited June 02, 2002).]

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] For me it was always the kensai
    dual-wielding the blades that let you gain hp on your hits, plus a regenaration ion stone, boots of speed etc.

"First blood is not as important as last blood"
    except with a fast kensai where first strike and blood is the only strike needed.
    But avoid dualling to a mage as the power destroys the challenge in the game.

Also do NOT even think about if it would be possible to create a kensai/sorcerer. If you want to be that powerful why not just cheat in a dual-wielding kensai wearing souped up armour, with a base armour class of -20, 100% resistances to everything, with 25 in all stats, at level 100+, and with several squillion hp's, using some god-like avataar etc.
    Really don't bother it's no fun if theres no challenge.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited June 02, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.