1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The (ALFA) General Election!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, May 21, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] As the ALFA player base has topped 600, they are now voting for 3 new player reps. Voting is by secret ballot and ends this coming Friday. You will need your ALFA ID number. I don't go in for all that baby kissing stuff, I leave that to J'Kin. I would humbly point out that my hat is in the ring, alongside Aryn's. Let your conscience determine who you vote for to represent you, but please use do it. The next chance is when they top 900.
    Goto www.alandfaraway.net then community board and ALFA player rep thread.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited May 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited May 23, 2001).]

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hey! I've got 2 votes!! Yay! And I'm not even officially running. :D

Although, should the overwhelming response of my Mighty fan base proclaim me as the leader speaker they desire, I would not care to disappoint them. And so, to you, my legions of loyal, adoring fans, Vote for ME!! :D

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

LOL...it seems heads are getting rather big around here :D I'll vote for Taluntain...he just seems to have way too much free time these days. (J/K all, I can't vote anyway because I'm not a bloody member of alfa :()

4. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Actually, if any of you are interested I've got a hot tip for ya. We need any and all of you ALFA members to place your votes! Read this from the boards:

Our present player reps are Detry, Alexander Lionheart, and Cespenar. Therefore, we need 3 new player reps.

The duties of the player reps are pretty simple. A 1.5 acts as a liason between the DMs and the Playerbase. If a player has a concern, but doesnt want to bother a DM, then they go to the Player Reps. The Player Reps are expected to follow through on player concerns.

Also, a 1.5 MUST attend every DM meeting (8pm EDT, First Wednesday of the Month). If a player rep misses a single meeting, we'll elect a new one.

Now I have to say, that in my view there are a few obvious choices. In case you didn't notice, one of the most vocal members of the player base is J'Kin. You might have noticed him parading around here IC in the past. Well, not only is he an excellent RPer and fun guy ;), he's involved up to his neck in the ALFA community already.

He is always one of the first to step forward with any concerns (his own or others) and will not let himself be ignored. Most recently he has raised a few issues on the ALFA boards that are getting a LOT of attention. Most specifically the dealing with worries about the server maps and the possibilities of a HackNSlash NWN. A good place to check out if you want to know more is:
    ALFA / NWN / D&D General Discussion:
    Big Fat Hairy Concern http://209.162.205.20/%7Ealfa

Another good choice for Rep. (IMHO) is Liam Sylvanus. He is a voice of reason in a high energy, sometimes volatile asylum. :) I've seen him and J'Kin debate and play off each others words, both in fun and in all seriousness. The two of them are perfect foils, and together would make a formidable team.

Please. It's not a popularity contest. Vote wisely. :)

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited May 23, 2001).]

5. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

As you may have noticed, my position is to fight for the underdogs and use quiet reason rather than self promotion.
    As for the other candidates, I also admire Liam both IC and OC, however both Detry and Lionheart are already reps and in CoL so with Liam that would make 3/6 player reps from one group, not healthy IMHO, however noble these gentlemen surely are.
    J'Kin? Love him or hate him you can't ignore him.

6. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

The fact that their PCs are members of the same group is not a valid concern. We are not electing Characters, or guild members, or anything of the sort. Don't confuse the person with the PC. I would not vote for Liam the ranger. But the person behind the character has proven himself to be an intelligent voice with a strong interest in the community.

All of these men fight for the underdogs. It is part of the job description. It is what we are electing them to do. J'Kin and Liam in particular are able to both able to speak for the players in an informed and logical manner. And both are able to take constructive criticism and disagreement in stride. (Believe me, I've seen J'Kin do this, honest! :D ) But hey, don't let me tell you how to vote. I'm just a girl... :p

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited May 23, 2001).]

7. J'Kin Gristillodar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Totally OOC.

I want the job for some very simple reasons. I dont really need more on my plate, but I can't seem to help myself.=)
    I love the idea of ALFA, and the players are the best bunch in the world. Thats why I started ALFA gaming. I wanted to give the players a chance to really stretch themselves and to do it in a non-restrictive environment. When the three guilds were posting together on the BWI, it couldnt get any better. We are awesome role players as a whole.
    That being said, it is a tragic waste when we are overlooked and our opinions are taken lightly. Its sad when decisions that affect you and I are made, and there is no one there to speak for us.
    Only 2 of the 3 present PR's even attend the meetings. Only one of those does not have his own agenda in mind.
    We need to have someone in the spot that can speak up for the players, and be heard. We do not need any more 'yes' men, or the quiet type. We need strong voices that can get things done, and are not afraid of bucking the system when need be, and utilizing it at times as well.
    ALFA could be great. But we need to be pushed sometimes.
    Vote for the three that you think can get things done.

IC: I dont care what any of you worthless human dogs do. You all make me sick with your whining and your concerns. Be men and take care of things on your own. I understand that your gene pool is very shallow, but dig deep...you may find the makings of men somewhere deep inside. You dont like me? Thats fine. But you can not beat me either. So, try to lead, follow or get the hell out of my way.

8. Paragon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Vote for J'Kin. As he promised me, "A pie on every table, a wench in every bed!"

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Panem et Circences... Hmm, and people still fall for that? :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.