1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Adventures of the Bronze Ferret

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by 8people, Oct 20, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Rubyne watches as the gaurd leaves and enter what could be described as a small supboard - her room - she grabs the cloak and everything else she needs she preapres herself and hides her 'Earnings' under the floorboard with everything else she hadn't a chance to sell or pawn off. She sleep until the morning, it wasn't long until she'd awaken

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

When she wakes up, Rubyne begins putting on disguise as soon as possible. She decides that if her parents ask, she'll just say that she "wanted a new look today".

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Rubyne pulls on her disguise and comes out of the cupboard - her parents are already ready to leave. She walked behind them as they went down the street, Rubyne could feel the disgusted gazes from the nobles who lived in the area they had now entered. They hurried to the house and Rubynes' father knocked on the door. It was drawn back by a tall thin man who looked down his nose at them.
    "What may I do for you... sir."
    "We are here to see Mr. Delyn. He wishes to discuss business. The butler drew back slightly
    "Yes..." He spoke slowly as though disbelieving. "Follow this way then, and do be careful not to treat dirt into the carpets." Rubyne followed as he lead them up the stairs along a corridor and turned into the study, Xzenick sat behind his desk, Rubynes eyes glanced upwards, she gulped, there was a small amount of rope on the chandalier - she remembered the previous Butler. Xzenick stood up and made a motion to send the butler away.
    "Please sit. We should start talking right away." The three sat in front of the desk on the chairs and sat nervously as Xzenick seemingly peered through them. "You are going to be evicted ffrom your home unless you do as I say." He smirked and looked at Rubyne, she looked down making sure her face was obscured from his vision. Xzenick continued "I had a break-in recently, I happen to know who it was. They could be in serious trouble, let's see. Tresspassing on private property, Breaking and entering, theft, murder..." Xzenick stepped round the desk and stood behind Rubyne "Do you know who did this?" Rubyne shook her head and managed to croak
    "No sir." Rubyne gasped as Xzenick pulled off her hood.
    "I know it was you Rubyne, you may be disguised now and you may have been then, but I'd know you anywhere."

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Rubyne moans in despair. She figures running would be no good; guards would no doubt capture. She asks, "Okay, fine. What do you want from me?"

5. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Rubyne closed her eyes "Wh-hat do you want from me?" Xzenick sat in his chair behind his desk
    "You will work her in my manor, and to make sure you don't try and break away - I will take your hand." Rubyne looked at her hand and gulped - then what he had said sunk in.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Rubyne cringes. "Y-you mean you're going to amputate it?!"

7. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Xzenick sighs and Rubyne hears him mutter "don't give me ideas." Her mother leant towards her "He means as in marriage, dear."

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Rubyne sulks and mutters, "Well, gee, marriage to Xzenick whoever is a lot better." She sighs and sulks even more, seeing as how there's not really a good way out of this; if she tries to run, she just might meet some more talking snakes and mechanical spiders.

Upon remember the idea of the spiders, a thought leaps into Rubyne's head. She remembers the multiple corpses caught in the spider's lair. If she can show an honest authority that place, maybe she can plant Xzenick in prison!

Rubyne shrugs and decides that that's too much of a long shot. She supposes she doesn't have much of a choice in this one.

9. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Rubyne sighed - Xzenick creeped her out, but she had to consider her parents - they wouldn't want her to marry him - he was known for being evil - but she had to do it for them. She considered the authorites - she was well known there, for being a thief.

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Rubyne nods a bit, and says, "Okay." She wonders what would become of her now, now that her thieving days are likely over, and that she'll spend the rest of her life married to Xzenick.

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Rubyne sighed. And nodded, she had said okay. She was now engaged.

The End - for now

I'd like to thank the people that replied as now - I have the history for my NWN module. Which is the story of Rubyne after her marriage. When it is complete Hopefully it will be able to come on SP ;)

Also look out I have a few stories on Rubyne hopefully one day they'll get somewhere, I'd like to try and get opinions on them - so I guess I'll have to go web hunting again :rolleyes:

Now one is complete I suppose we could start another one on here on someone else. If you'd like another please post so. It would be on another person though.

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Gee - that's it? I thought this Forum Adventure was cut short a bit. Ah, well. I look forward to any other works concerning the Bronze Ferret. I have another idea or three, and I might PM you, 8people, about anything I come up with. ;)

13. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I twould like to see a new forum adventure. I just recently started posting, and it didn't really seem right to just jump into the middle of the story. However, it did look fun, and I would like to be a part of one.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Let's start a new one then ;) . I have a choice of three. Pick one - any one :p

1 - The Exile of Liriyen Faey
    2 - The Midnight Club
    3 - Freedom of the Island

15. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Ooh, ooh, ooh! I vote for #3. :) Or #2. By tthe way, thanks.

[ December 29, 2002, 07:26: Message edited by: Kam ]

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I vote #1

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    #2, please! :D

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31

#1 sounds fairly interesting

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] It's between 1&2 atm :rolleyes:

here's a wee review on them to help make your mind up.

1 - Liriyen predicts the assassination of her queen and aims to stop it, she succeeds but is framed in the process.

2 - In the cold land of Xanzetz only the outcast survive. The Lycanthropes. Recently there has been a change for the worse. The different creatures of the night have gone out of control and only a handful remain sane enough to save them.

3 - In the barren lands of Nimbus where the islands float in the air above the sphere of anti-gravity and below the realms of the furies people live under the earth while machines of war remain above claiming lands and sacrificing enemies to please the furies and be granted life. It can be lonely for the Nimbians - especially the young ones who wish to be free from the war-strewn life.

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Okay. Now #3 sounds a tad more interesting. I still think you should elaborate on all a bit, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.