1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Adventure Begins....

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Dark Slayer, May 4, 2005.

1. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I escaped Irenicus' dungeon and some gray robed clowns took Irenicus with Imoen! Well, there's this guy who claims he knows how to get Imoen back for 20,000 gold!!! I'm not sure if this is a scam or not. Anyway, I'm now trying to accomplish a task for Edwin.

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You are playing it for the first time, right? Put it on insane and don't play with TDD installed.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Another "Newbie Thoughts" :banana: Keeps us posted of your adventures. And dont listen to Sarevok• He is so obviously high :p

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How did you to Edwin so quickly?

5. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It sounds pretty early to me, too. It sounds more like Xzar. Anyways, have fun. What character are you playing?

6. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yes.... Beginners shoudn't put it on insane, as they make things too difficult.
    No scam, Shadow Thieves are most trustable thing in the Whole game.
    gray robed clowns? what do mean by clowns? they are Super-High level mages called Cowled Wizards.
    I'd also ask about your Protagonist,and NPCs.
    @Saravok●
    What's TDD?

[ May 04, 2005, 13:42: Message edited by: Chickavalier ]

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Hey, Chick! don't spoil it for him! Let him find out all about B in his own time.

8. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

Sorry, but I edited it(hope he hasn't seen it)

9. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Chickavalier
    TDD is The Darkest Day mod.

10. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

humm.... I've never tried it so I didn't know

11. Shrikant

Most mod makers also call it TBB (The Buggiest Bugged mod). Enough for me to stay away from it.

12. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

I dropped Edwin's task for later. Now, I am trying to bust some heretic cult in the Temple district.
    So far I have had problems with these things:

1. In Edwin's quest, how do you kill Stone Golems!? They're weapon ineffective and Magic Resistant. I used Anomen's Spritual hammer and tried the Hit-and-run-downstairs technique I use in BG1 but they followed me down and slaughtered my whole party!

2. Where do I find Ployer(that freak who cursed Jaheira)? I went to the guy in the Copper Coronet and he said I can look for him at the east end of the slums. But, no Ployer. I went to the Gov. District and one of Ployer's goons showed up and told me he didn't like Ployer and he and his mages wouldn't show up when we confront Ployer for 2000 gold! I dropped it to 500 and made a deal.

(Is it a scam? Hard to trust people nowadays)

3. I found lots of locked stuff in Athkatla and I want to pickpocket people. I'm in desperate need of a good thief. Where can I find one?

4. Finding some Valygar guy who some guy in the Gov. District wants arrested.

5. $, $ and more $

6. Using Magic. (those cowled clowns come and I have no choice but to re-load.)

@Chickavalier I call those wizards clowns because
    they me laugh with hate when I accidentally use magic.

13. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, in the building where you met Tolgerias, the Cowled Wizard who wants you to find Valygar Corthalar, you can actually talk to a guy who is responsible for the licenses for magic users.

What this guy needs, is a fat bribe, so see to that you have some money with you if you want to be legal and un-interrupted in your magi-casting.

14. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

1.you need magical weapons to hit it(+2?) and must be blunt weapon.
    2.you can find him in the Slums, in the Derilict house
    3.Jan. you can find him in the Government district.
    he's nearby the council of six.(best Thief!)
    Imoen. you can get her back later
    yoshimo. one you get in prison.
    4.he can be found in Uma hills. after that he's in the Docks.
    5.I recommend:
    1.De'arnise keep(Nalia Quest)
    2.Trademeet
    3.Uuma hills
    6.you can buy "Licence" with 5000 gold. cowled wizard(clones!) in the council of six will give it to you. you only need one for whole party.
    7. about clones: each time you meet them accidently, just kill them(very hard for beginners)and get xp.(and do they drop scrolls?)
    Questions:
    What party do you have, Mr/Mrs Dark Slayer?

15. Shrikant

I find no problems hitting those golems with +3 weapons.
    Go back to the slums and trawl the derelict houses to the east. He should be there now.
    Try Jan Jensen from the Government District. Cover the whole area. He will talk to you automatically.
    Have you tried Valygar's house in the Docks. You will find clues there.
    Go to the D'Arnise Keep. Loads of :$$:

@Chick: What clones?

16. Deuce Gems: 5/31

Quick clarification on Golems: Stone require any +2 or better Enchantment weapon, Clay require +1 or better Enchantment Blunt weapons (Mace, Club, Flail, Morning Star, Staff or Hammer).

17. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hints if you want 'em:

You shouldn't have too much trouble with golems/giants after doing the D'Arnise Hold. Just make sure you check for hiding spots, hidden doors, unusual foods etc.

18. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

@Chick: Me: Cavalier
    Jaheira
    Aerie
    Minsc
    Anomen
    (none)
    I dumped Korgan after finishing his quest to make space for a thief.

Any party hints will be appreciated.

19. Shrikant

Damn Isshy! :lol: You just gave away the whole plot there :shake:
    I like that part. Strays are a menace. Strays given names by girls with 8 year old's brains are worse.

DS, Imoen is the girl for you. You already have one (Aerie) multiclassed mage. Two (Jan) wont be a good idea. Imoen, who is dualed to a mage will get the higher spells faster.
    Dont pick a thief straight away. You dont really need them all the time, only on a few quests. You can almost always come back to loot.

Have you invested in a good pair of ear muffs already? :lol:

20. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

@Shrikant
    clowns, must have typed wrong.
    Clones I mean are Cowled Wizards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.