1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The addiction of Civ

Discussion in 'Playground' started by joacqin, Dec 12, 2001.

1. PaladinAfficionado Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] 5 years ago I was massively addicted to CivII, eventually reaching about 1500% on the Deity-level. I played about 40 h/week for nearly a year, even called in sick one entire week just to play.

Since I enjoy my social life and work very much, I will never, ever, never purchase CivIII...

2. Lord Sarevok Guest

I never played Civ 1 but I love Civ 2 too bad the CD is so scratched up it's practically unreadable and I can't install it. I'm not one of those idiots who scatches up CDs but I've had this for like 5 or 6 years!

3. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Just bought the game and I LOVED IT! I'm a big fan of Civ and Civ 2 but I absolutely hated that game with underwater units and cities and that kind of crap.

I SHALL CONQUER!

4. All Civs suck except Call to Power and Alpha Centauri.I won AC once.Not an Civ addict. A BG2 addict.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Ezellohar Shark, since CtP and AC are completely based on Civ, I can't see how you like them while you think Civ sucks. What's your rationiale?

On the addiction front the answer is clear, they dip the CD case in liquid crack before shipping. Didn't you know? :)

What a great game. I did think they could improve in Civ2 but Civ3 is tons better.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited December 27, 2001).]

6. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I can't decide which civilization to be.

And is it just the game I have or is there very few horses and iron resorces? I found 3 gunpower ones but they were by the capital city of the romans.

7. Silverblade Guest

I wasn't really a Civilizations junkie, although I bought Civ 2, but didn't play it much. I have played Alpha Centauri a lot, which is practicaly a sort of civilizations, it has the same sort of turn system and the same creator. I'll think I look up my Alpha Centauri cd again and play it again.

8. Voltric, i hate Civ2 cause its so boring. I had to play it in french all the times. AC is interesting and CtP has better units and mall that underwater stuff. Im playing EE and Sims and of course BG2. Lets say IM A PROUD BG2 ADDICT!!!!!

Ezellohar Shark, little Anomen-loving pally with Carsomyr

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Archer, the resources are randomly distributed. I have started in locations with plenty of both horses, iron and salpeter and I have started where there was not a single resource. All in all I think the resources are implemented in a good way.

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have Civilisation II here, but I've never quite set myself into that game. I've played a lot of Colonisation on my old 486. For those who don't know, it's almost the same as Civ. Made by Sid Meier and everything :).

11. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Guess what? I've recently started playing Civilization III, and I like it a lot. It's both better and more difficult than Civ II (it's challenging even on Warlord!).

I think it's nice that you sometimes have to wage war or trade to be able to build the simplest swordsman...

And then the military advisor is cool:
    Evil France and treacherous Germany have formed a military alliance against us!
    :grin:

Colonisation is a nice game too, by the way.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.