1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The 3 Variable Funny Test

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by shadow lurker, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Clean Spontaneous Light

Thats interesting - I think it needed more questions.

2. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

the Cutting Edge

(76% dark, 42% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)
    your humor style:
    CLEAN | SPONTANEOUS | DARK

Your humor's mostly innocent and off-the-cuff, but somehow there's something slightly menacing about you. Part of your humor is making people a little uncomfortable, even if the things you say aren't themselves confrontational. You probably have a very dry delivery, or are seriously over-the-top.

Your type is the most likely to appreciate a good insult and/or broken bone and/or very very fat person dancing.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: David Letterman - John Belushi

Not a bad description, although I feel that I should have scored more on the vulgar... Mind you ... John Belushi. :D :1eye:

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Idiot savant as well, though while the second part is about right, the first is pretty far off. I blame this on my middling numbers:
    (42% dark, 50% spontaneous, 42% vulgar)

5. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Clean-Complex-Light
    38% dark 26% spontaneous 21% vulgar

Don't know about this, I'm about as spontanious as a rock most of the time. Middle age setting in.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    the Prankster
    (42% dark, 23% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)
    your humor style:
    CLEAN | COMPLEX | LIGHT

Your humor has an intellectual, even conceptual slant to it. You're not pretentious, but you're not into what some would call 'low humor' either. You'll laugh at a good dirty joke, but you definitely prefer something clever to something moist.

You probably like well-thought-out pranks and/or spoofs and it's highly likely you've tried one of these things yourself. In a lot of ways, yours is the most entertaining type of humor because it's smart without being mean-spirited.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Conan O'Brian - Ashton Kutcher

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

the Wit
    (71% dark, 38% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)
    your humor style:
    CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you're probably an intellectual, but don't take that to mean pretentious. You realize 'dumb' can be witty--after all isn't that the Simpsons' philosophy?--but rudeness for its own sake, 'gross-out' humor and most other things found in a fraternity leave you totally flat.

I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.

Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it's also the best, in my opinion.

You probably loved the Office. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Jon Stewart - Woody Allen - Ricky Gervais

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Another Wit here, too.

But I don't like Woody Allen...

9. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

the Idiot Savant
    (47% dark, 53% spontaneous, 68% vulgar)
    your humor style:
    VULGAR | SPONTANEOUS | LIGHT

You like things silly, immediate, and, above all, outrageous. Ixne on the subtle word play, more testicles on fire, please. People like you are the most likely to RECEIVE internet forwards--and also the most likely to save them in a special folder entitled 'HOLY ****'.

Because it's so easily appreciated, and often wacky and physical, your sense of humor never ceases to amuse your friends. Most realize that there's a sly intelligence and a knowing wink to your tastes. Your sense of humor could be called 'anti-pretentious'--but paradoxically enough, that indicates you're smarter than most.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Johnny Knoxville - Jimmy Kimmel

tbh I find it offensive to be considered like Jimmy Kimmel =/ Several of the choices were just the best available not really what I thought too

[ January 31, 2007, 19:20: Message edited by: iLLusioN' ]

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I came off as the prankster too.

What I found interesting is at the bottom I scored higher than 99% of respondents towards dark, spontaneous and vulgar.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm "The Wit" as well. Correct on the dark side, clean humour mostly though I am infamous among my friends >_> and the complex/spontaneous axis seems a little off, I appreciate a well constructed and witty remark, but when they are off the bat it is the best.

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

the Shock Jock

(52% dark, 50% spontaneous, 52% vulgar)

Pretty balanced actually.

I laughed out loud at the drunk guy and the cartoon. Freaking hilarious. The drunk guy brought me back to my college days. In my dorm, if one of the guys passed out drunk and didn't lock the door (or did it in public) we would write all over his face with indelible marker. Immature, yes. Hilarious, yes.

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I wonder if people who score near the middle on these things might actually be theri opposite on each one - short tests do that sometime.

Ah, Nakia, I figured some part of this was your fault.

15. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    the Prankster
    (42% dark, 34% spontaneous, 31% vulgar)
    your humor style:
    CLEAN | COMPLEX | LIGHT

I actually like Conan O'Brien although you can find a lot of people who are actually funnier than him.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    the Ham

(38% dark, 46% spontaneous, 21% vulgar)
    your humor style:
    CLEAN | SPONTANEOUS | LIGHT

Your style's goofy, innocent and feel-good. Perfect for parties and for the dads who chaperone them. You can actually get away with corny jokes, and I bet your sense of humor is a guilty pleasure for your friends. People of your type are often the most approachable and popular people in their circle. Your simple & silly good-naturedness is immediately recognizable, and it sets you apart in this sarcastic world.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Will Ferrell - Will Smith

I honestly didn't expect this. I'm not popular

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

the Ham

(38% dark, 69% spontaneous, 36% vulgar)
    your humor style:

Your style's goofy, innocent and feel-good. Perfect for parties and for the dads who chaperone them. You can actually get away with corny jokes, and I bet your sense of humor is a guilty pleasure for your friends. People of your type are often the most approachable and popular people in their circle. Your simple & silly good-naturedness is immediately recognizable, and it sets you apart in this sarcastic world.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Will Ferrell - Will Smith

This is kinda true I guess, though the people I'm closest to say that when I turn my mind to it I make the most biting remarks ever.

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

the Idiot Savant
    (38% dark, 53% spontaneous, 47% vulgar)
    your humor style:

You like things silly, immediate, and, above all, outrageous. Ixne on the subtle word play, more testicles on fire, please. People like you are the most likely to RECEIVE internet forwards--and also the most likely to save them in a special folder entitled 'HOLY ****'.

Because it's so easily appreciated, and often wacky and physical, your sense of humor never ceases to amuse your friends. Most realize that there's a sly intelligence and a knowing wink to your tastes. Your sense of humor could be called 'anti-pretentious'--but paradoxically enough, that indicates you're smarter than most.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Johnny Knoxville - Jimmy Kimmel

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    the Ham
    (38% dark, 46% spontaneous, 36% vulgar)
    your humor style:

Hmm...not really, I can be quite sarcastic/cynical.

20. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

the Idiot Savant

(33% dark, 53% spontaneous, 63% vulgar)
    your humor style:

Pretty much on the spot

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.