1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tavern of Infinity 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shura, May 8, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Morningstar takes one last lingering look at the dwarf, then turns to join Nirnaeth.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

"Its okay Nirnaeth"

Glint smiles warmly

"And yes I'll accept your offer on another drink! Thanks"

Glint then looks up to see a humanoid character walking up to them

"Ah hello, is this your friend Nirnaeth?"

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

-"I know that the mage isn't on this plane. As I said I am looking for someone to help me come back to the prime material plane.
    And yes, I would certanly use your help. The reason that I lost my friends were because they weren't good trained but you seems more than enough capable.

And I wasn't sure if I could beat him by myself but now that I am a chosen of Shar I have new, greater abilities than before and a much, much bigger chance to destroy him. Like my spell resistance, it is much greater now than ever.

And I have proposation:
    How about the three of us return to the prime material plane and meets up with this matron mother of your and destroys her and her whole qu'ellar? I take it that is what you wish?

And when we are done with that we goes to different cities and recruit more followers of Shar, the dark maiden. And when we have enough we go and destroy him once and for all. I will go and search in the taverns library for any good books that mentions him."

The warrior goes away to the library and communicates using the secret drow language Drow Sign Language where he says that he will be back in a couple of minutes.

Name: Velve Zauviir, son of Streea Zauviir lil Yathtallar and Alton Èrtân, first leutnant of the second legion of the Cormyrian army.
    Diety: Shar, the dark maiden.
    Aligment: Chaotic Neutral
    Kit/Prestige Class: Wizard Slayer
    House: Zauviir
    Home City: Undraeth
    Recently Killed: The hirelings of Blackstaff

[ June 29, 2003, 12:19: Message edited by: Velve Zauviir ]

4. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, I could help you reach the prime material plane, or so I hope. We were forced into this plane to escape our Matron Mother, but if she hasn't learned some Planar magic herself and stopped us from returning, we should be free to go back in undetected. We would, however, help you with your task first, as there are some things we must attend to before we can go back to the Underdark. We can do many of these while hunting this mage with you, so that should be no problem. It will at least be a token of our good faith. If you would not mind searching the tomes of your mage by yourself, there are a few people within this tavern I would like to talk to. You can come to me when you are ready to leave.

Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Class: Wizard (Sphere unknown)
    Diety: Former follower of Lloth
    Recently Killed: Surface Drow, outcasts of Underdark

*feels a ping in the back of his mind as Lithien searches him, glances over in her direction but cannot quite figure out who it is. Signals to Velve and Thamior that we are being watched*

[ June 13, 2003, 05:34: Message edited by: Arian ]

5. Thamior Nailo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Lithien's read
    Name: Thamior Nailo
    Diety: -none-
    Aligment: Lawful Evil
    Class: wizard
    House: unknown
    Recently Killed: Drow

6. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

OOC: I swear to god the next person to call me a f**king dwarf will cop it in the head. HUMAN gosh darnit!!! If you have come in more recently than the first page, go back and read all the posts. This is really getting on my nerves.
    "Pansy out of a fight will you? I'll show you. Champion of the pits in Emporer Dagroth's amusement chamber, I am. Noone can come close. Took on every taker. Put 'em up and I'll show you a brawl that you aint never seen before" yelled the human with no hint of a pseudo-scottish accent AT ALL.
    "Boy, you are going to cop it now...

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Morningstar turned and stood, standing before the ranting DWARF. In a single swift motion the greatsword swept from his back, and came down in a slashing arc on the DWARF's head. There was a resounding crack as the flat of the blade hammered against his skull. The DWARF dropped without a sound, slumping beneath the table. Morningstar returned to his table.

OoC: Sory Baezlebub, I couldn't resist.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

OoC- I get all my info from the 3e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.
    ___________________________________-
    "Ok, I check around when I'm back." He signs back.

A few minutes later Velve returns with a tome in his hand a and looks around in the room. Nothing to see, nothing to find.

-"I found this book: "Adventurers and Heroes of Fareûn"
    Here, on page 275 is Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. He is a wizard of great power (OoC - Wizard LvL 20/Archmage LvL 3/Epic LvL 4) and is a chosen of Mystra. He is the lord mage of WaterDeep, the city of splendors, is a close friend to Elminister and grew up in Myth Drannor."
    Velve stops for a moment and takes a sip from his ale.

He countinues:
    -"He is the husband of one of the seven sisters, Lareal Silverhand, and founded the lords alliance but recently resigned from it. He WILL be a hard foe but if we work together we may be able to kill him."

Velve gazes in both of the drows eyepairs and asks:
    -"Can you do it?"

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Glint watches the human fall unconcious

"Hmm ... indeed, silly being. Anyway, *turns to Morning Star* I see that you know my halfling friend? It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Glint and have journeyed many miles and planes to escape and have escaped what at long last my tormentor ...lease join me in a drink"

Glint smiles warmly before looking at the slumbering human, reaches into his pouch and takes out a silver piece, which he then chucks onto the floor next to the unconcious human.

10. Arian Gems: 5/31

While Velve searches for his tome, Arian peers around the room intently, trying to discover who it was that was causing the disturbance in his mind. (OoC-Detecting alignment and magic, you guys decide what he finds) Soon after he begins this, Velve returns. (Velve speaks)

Arian: "This mage of yours does sound impressive, yet I'm sure nothing we couldn't handle. Do you have any idea how we might find him? Any leads? Would he hide in his Waterdeep stronghold, and if so how hard is it to sneak in undetected? I'd rather follow a hidden path as opposed to charging in blindly, flinging magic at everything that moves. We are still trying to remain relatively hidden in the material plane. Give us a few hours to rest and we will be ready to depart."

Arian whispers something quick to Thamior. (I pmed you)

Arian: "On second thought, there might be an easier answer than attacking him or his stronghold directly." A slight smirk appears on Arian's lips as he says it. "How much does he care for his wife?"

[ June 13, 2003, 17:47: Message edited by: Arian ]

11. Register Gems: 29/31

-"Very much, she is the only ones that he cares about since he left the harpers." Velve says.
    -"Also, he were going to Neverwinter and when you are in Neverwinter you usually stays there for a long time so we should be able to strike him there or on the way home. But as you said, its nothing we can't handle."

12. Arian Gems: 5/31

Arian: "If he cares so much for his wife, then why bother attacking him when his wife seems so much weaker? You mentioned nothing of honor in this endevour and I honestly have no use for it. If there is any easy way, we will take it. You can do what you will, but I suggest you consider our proposition first."

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Nirneath bursts into laughter as Morningstar hits the drunk/crazy human over the head. After a minute or so of laughing Nirneaths laughter suddnely stopped as he saw something on the floor. Slipping down off his stool he darts under the table to where his sword still lies. The sword is now glowing a bright gold as Nirneath scoops it up into his hand. Jumping back up to his stool the halfling says to no one in particular "There is some thing very evil afoot in this room for her to glow like this." Shiefing (i think thats the right word) his sword he looks up and sees Lithein in deep consentration. "What is it?" he asks.

Ariens detect magic detected Nirneaths sword lieing on the ground and the rode in his cloak. And the detect alignment failed to detect anything about Nirneaths.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lithien glares at Nirneath and mouths for him to shut up. Then looks around guiltily. Catching what she is doing the elf calls over the bartender and orders a drink.

The detect alignment spell bounces off Lithien's mental barriers. The detect magic shows that the shortsword under her cloak in magical, as well as the flute and picilo that are in separate bags on her belt.

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Sorry, Nirneath mouths back. Turning to Glint, Nirneath asks in a whisper if they have had any dealings with drows before. The halfling quickly glances over to where the drows are sitting before turning back towards Nirneath.

16. Register Gems: 29/31

-"Good point, Arian. Meaby we should do that first. Shall we join up with the others?"

17. Arian Gems: 5/31

Arian: "Others? What others do you speak of? There are more than just Thamior, you, and myself? Either way, I am ready to depart whenever you are."

18. Register Gems: 29/31

-"The others are the followers of Shar I've nee mentioning before but I think that they will just screw this one up so we can stop bother about them. I am ready to depart now."

19. Arian Gems: 5/31

Arian: "Very well. But first--"

Turns to face Lithien.

"Why do you insist on infringing on the affairs of those above you, Elf? Surely you have some trivial affair on the surface to attend to. We will not be delayed any longer by those of your kind. Follow, and you shall breathe your last."

20. Rotku

Nirneath jumps to his feet, like a cheater leaps after its prey. His sword, already in his hand, before he's standing up straight. The halfling seemed to gain a few feet to those watching the site. In a deep roaring voice he says "Those who pick a fight with my friend here pick a fight with me." Nirneaths blade is now radiating a blinding gold glow as he holds it in his hand. The glow completly covers the halfling from head to toe but is particully strong around the sword. His other hand inches inside his cloak, as he looks around at Morningstar, Glint and Lithien.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.