1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tavern of Infinity 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shura, May 8, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"If you don't mind." the halfling said taking the ring. Looking at the ring the halfling turns it over and over in his hands. After two or three minutes the halfling hands it back.
    "Does it have any... strange ablilities that you are awaer of?" The halfling muttered, his eyes still not leaving the ring. "This may sound stupid but has it ever talked to you?"

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

"No, I must admit that it has not. Although I have had strange dreams. Dreams of a pair of eyes, golden and slitted, like that of a cat. They ae merely flashes that I immediately awake from. I took it for coincidence, but if you have an opinion on the matter, I would be most happy to hear it."

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"..er, yes ummm, no no it's nothing," muttered the halfling. "I've just been searching for something for quiet sometime now and..." he fell silent for a minute or two.

"I say we give up, stuff the gods, they can find some one else to get it. Lets live our life like it's ours." Nirnaeth said quietly, talking to himself again.
    "No, we have to get it! You know what will happen if we don't" he yelled at the top of his halfling voice. "We have to find it!"

Turning back towards Morningstar, Nirnaeth said "Excuse me, I need to get another drink." And with that he ordred another drink , now looking like he hadn't had any sleep in months, he looked once again around the Tavern wondering what the other occupants (sp?) where doing.

4. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

"Can't help but notice no-one seems to be talking. What happened to the fun and livelyness of a full blown bar fight?" And with that, he picked up one of the bar stools and hurled it at Glint. "YEE BLOODY HARH!!!"

5. Rotku

Seeing this the halfling bursts into laughter. Walking over to the Neverwinter Human he goes to pat him on the back, but instead slips a shinning black dagger into his hand and sends it flying towards the mans back.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

As the stool stool nears his head, a blue forcefield materializes, surrounding Glint, stopping the stool from coming any closer and causing it to rebound back at the Dwarf. A smile comes to Glint's lips as he casts a look at the Dwarf

"I maybe weakened from my past but trust me, i do keep myself well protected from such mundane threats as such as those that you carry. Now away! And back to your drink. Now where were we Lithien before we were interupted by such annoy-"

Glint is cut off as his eyes draw to the Halfling about to backstab the human

7. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

"Mundane!!! I'll have you know that bar stool tossing is one of the mightiest weapons available to the people of Neverwinter. Why, that's how I got here. But enough of that. Think you'll get away with spraying the floor with oil and watching me be humiliated?!?! I'll show YOU! Dwarftossing time again shorty" With that, the man turned around and grabbed the knife wielding halfling and tossed him at Glint, yelling "Dwarf this pebody!"

8. Rotku

Doing a very acrobatic like flip the halfling lands on his feet just before hitting Glint. H sighs a sigh and then starts waving his hands around in the air, like a bird does when it's learning to fly. Nirnaeth then slips over on the grease still left on the floor falling flat on his back.

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Glint casts a look at the Halfling and helps him up.

"You okay little friend? That Dwarf being a git again?"

Before Nirnaeth can reply, Glint casts a look at the Dwarf, mutters some words and points at the Dwarf. The ashtray that was positioned on the table levitates and floats towards the Dwarf taking an orbital position around the Dwarf's head. Whilst doing this, it coughs out ash which turns an assortment of colours

10. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Is this like the "War for SP"?

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

OoC: Alexander, have a look at the first post.

IC: Morningstar swiftly moves to the coughing 'dwarf tosser', carefully avoiding the multi coloured ash spray "The halfling is my friend, now I suggest you apologise to him and return to your drink, or you and I will have to have a discussion, notably outside." He stands legs apart, ready to counter any attack the Neverwinterian might launch.

12. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

In the midst of the confusion caused by the once again airborn halfling, a new man arrives in the tavern. He is wearing a dark gray cloak that seems to change in shades as he stands in the doorway, observing the other patrons. He notices a few of them and decides it better to remain discreet in his arrival. His face is barely visible even though his cloak casts little shadow upon it. His face seems dark hued and distinct. He is a tall and slender man, seeming almost frail. He takes a seat at the closest table to the door, against the wall, and looks for someone he deems safe to talk to. When he catches the barmaids attention, he silently signals for her to come and serve him.

13. Thamior Nailo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A few seconds later, a slender, dark skinned elf walks in wearing flowing dark red robes. He sits down at the table with the man in the dark cloak.
    Then he pulls a scroll out of his robes. As he unrolls it, he says to the man,"ghil" Then thay start to read it, noding.

[ June 12, 2003, 03:18: Message edited by: Thamior Nailo ]

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The cloaked figure walkes to the first dark elves and says:

-"Welcome to our..."

He stops, looks around the tavern and continues:
    -"...our barbrawl you can call it."

He takes of his cloak and continues:
    -"My name is Velve Zauviir, son of Streea Zauviir lil Yathtallar and Alton Èrtân, first leutnant of the second legion of the Cormyrian army. I am an outcast you and my race and that is because of the fact that I am an offspring of humans and drow and thereby a shame for my qu'ellar, lil Zauviir qu'ellar, drada qu'ellar d' Undraeth.

Now I have spent most of my days traveling thrue Fareûn and robbing other adventurers with a band of thugs and barbarians calling ourself lil Elghinn bel'la until we met a mage named Kelben Blackstaff. He had four warriors at his disposal while we were ten so we thought: easy fight. We were wrong.

Even before the first strike were blown two of my soilders were disintegrated and Kelben were preparing more spells. After a minute it was only me and two soilders left while they only had lost two warriors but the mage only watched at our mere tries to kill them. One of my last thugs tried to ran away so my barbarian shot him in his back for escaping a robbery. P'wal, that was our honor code. Naukhel do'bauthar; Nobody escapes.

When we bursted at them my friend directly died with two arrows in him but I ran against them with my bastard sword swinging in the air. I splitted the first warrior from his left shoulder to his right hip and prepared a second blow for the other soilder. He dropped his spear and drew a short sword. I dropped my sword and drew my two mini-tridents and we engaged in close combat.

He threw many blows at me but I parred them all with a skill I learned still back in Undraeth. After three minutes of battleing I managed to parry his blow and pierce his lungs with my other mini-trident. He spitted out some blood, looked suprised at me and fell to the ground. While I picked up my remains Blackstaff started talk to me as I had forgotten him totally.

-"So, you and your band of rouges finally killed my hirelings. O well, I will have to hire some new when I arrives in Neverwinter. Too shame for their souls, still. But you wont be disturbing me anymore." He said and teleported me to the plane of Gehenna where I lived for two whole weeks.
    But what he didn't know was that I worship Shar, mistress of dark magic and she lives on Gehanna, plane of bleaking eternity.

The two of us discussed the happenings of our meeting and I decided to come back to the prime material plane so that I could reach out to the masses. She thought it was a good idea and made me a chosen of Shar, and gave me a chance to teleport to another plane once but the destionation was random. The reason because she only gave me a random travel is because she wanted me to prove that I can survive whatever happens.

And now here I am, arriving only matters of minutes before you did and..."

He looked in a mirror and stopped rapidly!

-"Look at me, babbleing all day. What's your cause of ending up here?"

@Thamior Nailo - You can find a real drow dictonary here instead of making up your own words.

[ June 29, 2003, 12:17: Message edited by: Velve Zauviir ]

15. Arian Gems: 5/31

Vendui', Velve Zauviir. I hail from Ust Natha of the Underdark, as should be apparent by now. My companion and I were students of magic for the House of Baalyn, but we didn't simply use our magics for the good of our house. We began studying our own form of the arts and as such are...different from your average Drow wizard in the power we employ. As it were, out Matron Mother knew of our studies but let them go, as they amused her, and she always assumed she could keep us in check, if things got out of hand. Well, *chuckle* we ceased to amuse her when we learned how to travel the planes. She and her Priests had us banished from the Underdark for our magics and most of our work was destroyed. Now we have used our magic to travel to this place, and we have our reasons for being here, yet we are reluctant to bring them up....too many prying ears and ears unwilling to let our purpose go without objection. Lil aluril velve zhah lil velkyn uss. Our reasons will remain ours for now...but what am I thinking, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Arian Greyspan and my companion is Thamior Nailo...*considers questioning Velve on his sudden stop but decides not to*...so....what do you plan to do now that you are stuck here?

[ June 12, 2003, 03:24: Message edited by: Arian ]

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

-"I actually don't know, but I sure needs to rest. I still haven't recovered fully from the battle with Blackstaff's mercenaries but when I do I think I should go back and face him. He killed my band, that is why."
    As Velve mentions going back and take revenge you can hear a little, little sound of fear in his voice.

-"And how about you? How long are you planning to stay here?"

17. Thamior Nailo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

We plan on staying as long as needed to finish are work here, but are work is not pressed for time. and defeating a band of mercenaries is not an easy task to accomplish by your self. Do you require any help in your task? I am more than happy to help.

18. Arian Gems: 5/31

As would I. Any assistance you need can be had here, for assistance in return of course. This mage of yours sounds like no easy prey. But my wizard friend seems correct, you need assistance in this. If your entire party could not handle him how do you expect to defeat him on your own? I'm not doubting your abilities, but he seems quite formidable. And besides all that, how do you even know he is in this plane?

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lithien had stayed out of the brawl, seeing it as something ridiculous that most likely could hve been fixed without blades. Instead she found herself listening intently to the two drow speak. Her hand rested on the hilt of her shortsword.
    Using her metapsychic powers she attempted to delve into the each dark elf's mind, taking great pains to discuise the mind probe she was using. She especialy searched for information on which deity they worshiped, and who they had killed recently.

20. Rotku

"Thanks a lot" Nirnaeth said while dusting himself down. "Can I buy you a drink to say thank you? Maybe it might be a good idea if I stay away from him for a while," the halfling said, refering to the dwarf from Neverwinter.
    Sitting down on the nearest stool the halfling looks at his arm where the dwarf grabed him. Seeing nothing more than a bruise (sp?), Nirnaeth begins to look around the bar once more. He sees his black dagger on the floor where he had dropped it when grabed by the Dwarf. At the same time he notices Morningstar telling the Dwarf to apologie. Relising that stoping an upcoming fight was more important than his dagger, Nirnaeth yells out "Don't worry about it Morningstar, let the dwarf go, but hay, thanks any way."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.