1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tavern of Infinity 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shura, May 8, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"Oh well it was worth a try," the halfling said to the moon elf. "I'll get another drink before continueing on aye." And once again he walks over to order another strong drink. His sword close at hand just incase he encounters that drunk from Neverwinter again.

2. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] ooc: Dwarf, drunk, what is the problem with you people.HUMAN BARD. Nuff said. :flaming: :mad:
    The man walked over to the bar, and again ordered a Ginnan Tonnics. "These people, wouldn't know a bloody human if he hit them in the head. Actually, that seems like a good idea. Why, Emporer Dagroth used to go around BELTING people who misttok him for a gnome. Don't know how that is possible really. He was at least 10 feet tall..."

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Looking over to the drunk 'human' from neverwinter, the halfling shook his head slightly. "You're saying you've never heard of a 10 foot tall gnome. Pathetic. And these humans think them selves so great." With that he turned back to his drink and inched his hand closer to his sword hilt.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Glint looks up and notices the potential for a charade. Whispering some words he points to the floor under Halfling and the drunk 'human'. The floor immediately turns to grease causing any movement from both the halfling and human to slip and fall.

Glint then sighs and turns to the elf woman Lithien and smiles warmly at her.

"So Lithien, how come you are here within this tavern? What is your job? Would you like another drink in er... 2 mintues or so?"

5. Rotku

Slipping over the halfling spills his drink and his sword slides across the room. The halfling relising this darts after it, crawling across the floor. He slides into another occupants of the tavern who the halfling doesn't reconise at a glance. Relising he's still covered in grease Nirnaeth stands up and tries slidding his way across to were his sword is now lieing. Just before he gets there he slips again. Slidding across the floor (the grease is all over him you see) the halfling passes under Glint chair, where the sword is lying, and flys on to smash into Lithien's chair.

6. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Slipping over, the man quickly realised his predicament. "No bloody grease on the floor before this. In fact, I am bloody positive there was no grease. I swear, if this goes away in about 5 minutes, there will be a murder. Probably that halfling. Never liked him much anyway."
    And with that, he reached up to one of the bar stools and lifted himself up.
    "Bloody hell. You'd think that people would cool it in here. One measley little dwarf toss and someone gets s**ty and puts oil on the floor. You'd think that they'd laugh, not go and toss barrels of grease around."
    OOC: Please note, Just because I said that I was drinking doesn't mean I'm drunk. Read some of the posts and you'll realise, the mans crazy.

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

The door opens slightly to allow a tall, slender man to walk in. Quietly he lets the door click shut. Unhurriedly he strolls over to the bar and sighs, nodding to the barkeep. Clothed in loose fitting white garbs with dull golden armour protecting his lower abdomen, wrists and forearms and shins he looks every part the warrior, except for one minor imperfection to his class. He was blind. At least that was to those who could only look at him. To those with the skill to enter his mind would know his vision was probably the most perfect amid the hall. With an entire 360-degree angle of sight nothing could be missed out. A long blue ribbon tied about his eyes, trailed down his back. His once sliver blonde hair had turned to the colour of ash from weary battles and stress. Two swords jut from his right shoulder. One a long-sword of Dark steel, the other, a golden hilted Great sword encrusted with runes. The barkeep approaches and smiles, “What will it be, Morningstar?”

“The house wine please” Morningstar said, dropping a small silver coin on the bar. Turning, he nods at the eastern swordsman and his dark, swarthy companion; smiles at dark robed stranger and the elf nearby, and cocked his head in confusion at the sliding figures.

8. Agudo Archmage of Light Banned

Agudo Archmage of “Light” walks in from the cold warring his traditional blue and white robes. He slowly shuts the door and pulls down his hood. One can see a small thin crown with magical jewels on it. As the Archmage puts his staff against the wall for a moment, he raises is hands and those close by can see a few brightly colored magical rings. Agudo then brushes himself off from the dampness. On his shoulder is a lovely white wise white owl named Lady Hoot.

The noisy place is full of different races and not to far are several people bickering about some insult to “someone’s pride” or some such.

The Archmage roles his eyes and shakes his head, this reminds me of that time…. Um…. What was it called in my “Book” the (History of the Realms?”)

“Lady Hoot” whispers in his ear,…. Oh yes thank you “Lady Hoot” your wisdom is endless.

That right it was called (The Long Awaited Return) we all set around a table telling story and talking, sometime friendly or as in this case angrily.

Agudo walks up to the bar and nods his head and smiles, he take a seat at the bar and orders a drink of “Elvin Sweet Water”

Greetings Bartender I am Agudo Archmage of Light and this Lady Hoot my white owl and loyal companion.

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Again the walls begin to dance with bizarre electric patterns like they did before, and with a shower of sparks, the gnome reapppears in the tavern with a fresh covering of soot.

"Hmm..." he muses, "this is very odd. I could have sworn I set the coordinates for Mechanus this time... I wonder...." He cleans off his goggles and mutters a few arcane syllables, causing them to glow faintly. He then produces a couple of unusual wands and slowly turns on the spot, tracing patterns in the air and chanting.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lithien is forced to go into a roll as her chair is knocked from underneath her. She stands up and flicks her hair about, glaring wildly at the dwarf.
    "What the hell did you do that for you simple minded fool?"

11. Rotku

The halfling slowly stands up, rubbing a lump on his head, from where he hit Lithien chair. Nirnaeth looks around the room at the damage caused by the grease. Thats when he noticed a new being in the tavern. He looks at the blinded thing and relises he is probably a human but decides he wouldn't place any bets on it.

Now with his mind completly desracted from his sword lying on the ground he continues looking around the room. Seeing the gnome back he jumps back in surprise. Turning to Lithien the halfling says "See what did I tell you. I just knew he was okay."

With a laugh he walks over to the blind man by the bar and takes a seat next to him.
    "If my memory serves you are Morningstar, are you not?" the halfling inquires.

12. The Kilted Crusader

"You would be right, my friend. But I'm afraid I do not recognise your voice. Join me for a drink whilst I try to remember."

13. Rotku

Smiling, the halfling looks over at the blind man and said, "That's good to hear, for I would be really worried if you did recognize my voice." With a surprisingly deep laugh he continues. "Nice to meet you Morningstar, my name is Nirnaeth, Nirnaeth Arnoediad. A halfling from ... well, no where in particular."

"Well Morningstar, you look like you're one who had travelled the planes a lot. I was wondering if you could tell me about your self?" There was a long pause before the halfling continued, "And where you have been recently?"

"It's him I tell you, it's him. It has to be," Nirnaeth quietly said to himself. "Who else could it be?"
    "Yes, he could be it but lets not jump to conclusions"
    "I'm certain of it, it's him!"
    "No" Nirneath said, almost yelling now. "You know what will happen if we are wrong. Master wouldn't be very pleased. So go away and let me handle this!" And with that Nirneath turned back towards the blind man.

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

"I need an Ale!"

15. The Kilted Crusader

Morningstar slumps down onto the floating stool and smiles “This is my first travel through the planes, my friend. I have a friend who has often travelled its vast depths though, but the logic behind it baffles me. You asked me of my recent travels. With my wizard friend, and several others, we passed into the old dwarf fortresses of the Sea’s Eye Mountains. The dwarves of my world died out centuries ago, and the fortresses are now inhabited by dark elves, a pitiful race brooding on past hates and self-pity. Alas, their talent for torture is still fresh. I was captured within the mountains, separated from my friends as they fought their own way out, but I was taken to their dungeon, kept alive for almost a week. My pain stricken body stretched and cut and bled. More than once did I weep for mercy, only to be met with harsh laughter, in time, though, I will avenge myself.” Said Morningstar, anger creeping into his voice. It quickly subsided as he continued his tale. “In the end, it was a dark elf who saved me. His name was Legion, as self-centred as any dark elf could be. Yet, he freed me from the cells and literally carried me to the surface. I fear it was more for his benefit than mine, but he has not told me yet as to how.” He laughed, “I’m sorry my friend, I am being selfish. I would be most honoured if you would spin a tale or two of your own adventures.”

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lithien's head spun around at the words 'dark elves'. Her eyes wide with interest.
    "Alas, Morningstar was it? It seems that you have not seemn the best of the drow. There are those not consumed by the lies of Lloth still."

17. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Before anyone had the chance to open their mouth a planar-gate opened up and a cloaked figure stepped out of it and closed it. He walked to the bartender and asked:

-"Do ye have a meat of bread and an ale?"

As he waited for his order he looked around in the tavern, watching all these strange people that have come to the tavern. As he saw that most people were gathered around a table he moved there and took himself a chair and asked;

-"How it doing?"

18. Rotku

The Halfling sits nodding at Morningstar's story with the occasional "ummm" "yes" "...interesting" and the likes. After Morningstar finishes his tale Nirnaeth looks up to the roof of the tavern. After a moment of deep thought he looks Directly where Morningstars eyes would have been.
    "Yes, My adventures are nothing compared to your's. This Legion you mentioned... he wouldn't have gave any item at all to you, would he have? No, no how stupid of me to think so. Well I have one more question if you do not mind? How did you come to be here?"

"Good thinking, for once," Nirnaeth muttered to himself once again. "He just might not be the one we're after..."

19. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

"Where's that damn ale, tavern wench. Yes you, the see through barfly. Gimme an ale. These Ginnan Tonnics are terrible. It's just room temperature water. If I wanted that Id've asked for it. I didn't, I asked for a barrel of alcohol. When I ask for alcohol, I want alcohol. Hop to it, translucent girl. Chop-Chop..."

20. The Kilted Crusader

Morningstar smiles again "Ah, my halfling friend, my wizard friend had the bright idea of allowing me through his portal. Fortuneately for me, I was transported here to this fine establishment, rather than the pit" he said the twinkling smile still apparent on his lips "As to my friend, I cannot say where he may have gone. That, at least, is a relief" Morningstar stops. "Now that I think about it, there was one thing that belonged to Legion." Morningstar tugs at his finger, sliding off a reluctant ring, a simple silver band, and holds it to the light "I found it once he had left me at the foot of the Seas Eye Mountains." he places it on the desk "examine it if you like"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.