1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by kuemper, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I've got an old viking-"icon" on my arm, and I don't think I'll go for another. It has been there for years now. It's pure black, and it still looks all new...

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I have a tattoo of Brandon Lee on my arm. It was worth it for the cool Brandon Lee-shaped scab I got :D

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I like tattoos on women, but I would never get one myself.

4. Shaitan

Why? And thus never get a woman with a tattoo? :p

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

It wouldn't do my skin justice :D , however women look very sexy with piercings and tattoos (unless the tattos make the woman look like a large collection of stickers).

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    the katana in my shoulder actually has the kanji for "Crazy"on the blade. of course this is not confirmed by anyone who actlaly SPEAKS japanese but... hey, if someone is close enough to make it put properly, I suspect they are good enough of a friend to not to make TOO much fun of me if it actually means "Cabbages for sale" :D

I want at least 2 more... probably 3, maybe even 4 or. 5 or..... argh, someone stop me now please before I gog aga again!

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm not a fan of tattoos on women either. I'm glad my wife doesn't have any tattoos.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

My ex had a tattoo on her back, and it suited her great. But I get your point, I don't like woman with tattooed arms or forearms.

I don't mind discrete tattoos, however. I've been thinking about getting one done in my back, but it's still an idea. Maybe something like the Reaper tattoo my friend has. It's simply breathtaking.

9. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I have a dragon tatoo on my arm :p

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tattoos are gross on women and women should never have them. It makes them look common and unattractive.

They're not bad on men so long as you have the right ones in the right places. Discreet ones are cool, loud obvious ones aren't nice.

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Makes them look common? I am not talking about Chavette tattoos here, but very detailed pieces of art. Getting a nice celtic knot is very different from kelly-ann lvs johnto!

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I more or less agree with Barmy Army on this one. Not sure why, but I do.

13. Shaitan

Ohh the good old feminine vs masculine stuff - s***

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    From a womans point of view I'm not overly fond of tattoos either. Something subtle with a nice design can be nice but I don't like seeing a bunch of tacky interconnecting commercial art images covering large areas of skin. I prefer other ways of decorating the body. Clothing, jewellery, and hair can be changed infinately.

The body is like a room. If your space is filled with crap and trinkets it just looks messy. If things are chosen well and placed nicely it feels confortable.

15. Harbourboy

I second that.

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Its all down to style. Tattoos can look great, however certain types of jewelry can look extremely tacky, such as giant gold hoops or large chunky rings.

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'm popular then :hahaerr:

18. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Some tattoos can be really sexy...
    It depends on the girl ya know! :grin:

19. Harbourboy

Shell, you're our kind of girl!

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'll stick to adding more metal through my skin, thank you very much.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.