1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tactics4IWD2 Version1.0 Has Come!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Tal Rasha, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

:cough: :cough: She can hit AC 40 easily? :jawdrop:

...........Nice! :thumb:

Thanks for your answer, Tal Rasha. If you do not mind, I will install UT again and restart, and this time I want to play to the end! Only, BG1 is making trouble, forcing me to play it!

2. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yes, it's quite nice. It makes her much easier to beat for a spellcaster, since he can get high AC (mid-low 30s is enough) to avoid attacks from Sherincals minions--and thus preserving his mirror images while casting--and still ensuring that Sherincal herself hits the images to get backlash from the fireshields. Had her AB been considerably lower, it would've been quite difficult to beat her potion spam without lowering AC to dangerous levels.

Sorry that I am coming off as rather cynical. I do appreciate the hard work that you put into making the game a different--and more difficult--experience for us. I can't give a fair judgement on the whole mod, since I'm only up to Oria, but I really dislike what I found to be the difficulty curve (swarmed with high level spellcasters with only L1-3, maybe only L2, spells to use for yourself for the first half of chapter 1 and then having most enemies becoming cannon fodder for your own spellcasters after Shaengarde Bridge).

[ December 14, 2006, 10:38: Message edited by: Mokona=Modoki ]

3. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

@Silverstar
    Play as you wish. :)

@Mokona=Modoki
    Yes, it is a hard way before you get level3 spells, if your party has too many spell casters. I will consider to add some scrolls early in chapter1.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I never use Zack to buff my party since I find it too cheesy, I guess I'll have to make an exception this time... I'll give it a try.

EDIT: I had a Fireshield cast on my bard and he just stood in front of (invisible) Sherincal and sang the song of Curran Strong Heart (the one that negates fear effects). Basically she killed herself. :(
    I'm not too happy about this fight since it was an anticlimax (to say the least).

@Tal Rasha: your idea about Zack is great, it makes the game too easy to be able to get buffs so cheaply. Sherincal is way too hard without Zack's help though. IMHO Improved Invisibility is too much (plus you don't get to see her that much and she has such a cool avatar). Making the buffs more expensive is not a solution (you can always get your mage to cast it by the time you get to that part of the game). Perhaps making her weaker and smarter could be a better option -by smarter I mean that she wouldn't attack in melee a character protected with a Fireshield, can this be done with a special script?

Anyway, I never had so much trouble getting past Sherincal since the first time I played this game back in 2003 with a solo Rogue... That sure did bring back memories! ;)

[ December 16, 2006, 13:52: Message edited by: Caradhras ]

5. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Yes, I have decided to remove the Improved Invisibility from her, just for the cool avatar ;) .
    And She will cast a few Globe of Invulnerability to make her immune to Fireshield.

6. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I get this error when I try to run Tactics4IWD2.exe : "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

How can I fix this?

7. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Try this way:
    1> backup your IWD2 "Override" folder.
    2> Copy all the files in all the sub-folders of "Tactics4IWD2-V1.0" into your IWD2 Override folder.

8. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Enjoying this mod alot. Thanks!

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

@Behir the Red

I had the same problem too! Copy the files to override, it works! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.