1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sympathy for the Slut

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Methylviolet, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

LOL

How I love to read your posts, Oblate. Your candor is charming and your point of view refreshing -- as much as you say that you are, "old and ugly, looking like a witch," I can see that you are very attractive withal.

Keep on rocking.

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

From a male point of view, Oblate is correct. Men view that sort of thing for possibly making a nice one-night stand, but not for a serious relationship. As for the amount of makeup issue, also correct. As a man, I personally prefer women to be somewhat more "natural" than what the makeup, surgery, whatever imparts.

Well said Lord Brett. I'd say you summed up the opinion of most men with that post.

3. Lord Brett Guest

LOL well ok that was a gramatical abomination! Thanks for agreeing Rastor. It looks like I'm going to have a lot of fun here.

Cheers,
    Lord Brett

4. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I will have to say, it is hard to believe the "it's better to be natural" line sometimes. Mainly the times when the fellow that said it is currently drooling over Pamela Anderson or Victoria Secret models. Talk about unnatural women!
    Until society grows up as a whole, there are many things that will be acceptable for men to do, but not women. The most any one person can to is to change their own patterns of thinking.

5. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Hmm. What gives you the right to say that "Vicoria's Secret models" are "unnatural"? Do you have *any* idea how many of them exist?

Oh, and joaqin, it's really innapropriate for you to say that a)Xaelifer is a fool and b)you didn't read his entire post...in the same paragraph.

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited July 22, 2002).]

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Are they unnatural? Yes. Do I drool over them? No. Truthfully, I find Pamela Lee distasteful (and I'll probably be stoned for this). I prefer women who aren't so vain that they have to augment or expose themselves to get men to pay attention. Most women my age are cute, but the ones I'm most attracted to are the ones who don't try to look attractive.

7. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Hmmm. Do you know why Victoria's Secret models "expose" themselves...ITS BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKIN' MODELS! It's their darn *job*!

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'm not going to bother getting into an arguemant, but perhaps I should have clarified that I was thinking mainly of the magazines, which is where most people see these models. It's well known that the pictures themselves are airbrushed and doctored to make them look better. And add to that the fact that about once a week, model X,Y or Z is coming out about her body altering surgeries and eating disorders she subkected herself to to stay "sexy" and keep her job. How can that be natural? It's not.

9. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Stefanina, I think you may be misinformed. While it is common knowledge that many pictures featured on magazines have been altered in some way, Victoria's Secret models *MODEL* the lingerie, etc. It is illegal to doctor (via aurbrush) these pictures in a way which alters the appearance of the product being sold. I cannot comment on the nature of the women's body parts, however...but to generalize that these models are unnatural is simply wrong.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31

As I said earlier, I figured that somebody would attack me for that, but it is the truth. I don't spend my free time staring at lingerie ads. It would be a lot better to go actually meet a woman, instead of wasting time looking at women that are never going to want anything to do with you.

When I made the comment about disliking women exposing themselves, I was not referring to those women who do it as their job, I was more referring to the average woman who walks around in revealing clothing. That's about the fastest way to turn off this man.

Enough about the debate about airbrushing portraits. That is not what I was referring to with my preference to natural women. Stefania hit it right on. I meant, I dislike women who are so into their own appearance that they actually go out and waste the money on surgery to alter the appearance of their bodies.

[This message has been edited by Rastor (edited July 23, 2002).]

11. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I'm sorry if you felt attacked because of my comments, Rastor, but I felt that a generalization was being put into effect.

Anyway, I *totally* agree with you. Women who feel they must alter (enhance) their bodies surgically are not the types of women I prefer...and yes, real women are the women I prefer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.