1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Swordwind of the Biel-tan

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Decados, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ok, for those not aware, the Biel-tan are a sub-division of the 40K Eldar race. While I could babble for a while trying to explain, it would probably just be easier to refer you to this link.

I've played 40k for quite some time (given that I played before 3rd edition, that would be pre-1998, which is over half my life) and while I started with Marines and have been tempted by shiny new armies along the way, Eldar are the only one I've really gone for. As such, I have far too many lumps of metal and plastic (especially when you take into account that so many are unpainted!). Recently, the game moved into 5th edition, so I've had to look at what I'm fielding and decide if it is still effective. Some changes have to be made for the upcoming tournament season, so I'm currently hurriedly painting a Wraithguard squad with the intention of using it at the end of October.

As I was doing this, I remember that I had told 8people that I'd make an effort to put some photos up here if I figured out how*. Looks like I should be able to if I take them with my phone and then email them to myself. I wish I had a connection cable. Unfortunately, my phone isn't very good at taking pictures of models, so I apologise for the quality.

The pictures of most of the Dire Avenger squad came out very badly, but the following images of the squad leader torso options should give some idea until I get some better pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what I did differently, but the next two pictures of a Warp Spider came out much better than the others. It is even possible to make out some detail!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

* Ok 8, your turn now! :p

Edit: Ok, if the pictures are refusing to load for you, I've created an album in my profile where you can find them instead.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bah :p

I'll buy a camera when my loan comes through, I promise.

They look really good, you should take an army shot ;) You can also buy a bluetooth dongle for about £3 on ebay (including shipping I think it was a fiver, but I've seen some cheaper since when I bought one) I've had to buy one as my old phone has no connector at all and it still works for my new one.

It will give me a reason to get on and complete my painting faster anyway ;)

I don't suppose you're interested in Daemons are you? Sal and I are still trying to get a third person for our "Tale of Three Gamers" Chaos Edition :)

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Afraid the army shot won't come any time soon- I've only got one case down at uni with me. Besides, some of the speed painting done on the Guardian units is outright embarrassing! I may have to look into a bluetooth thing, however.

I did vaguely consider Daemons, but to be honest, I can't work up enough enthusiasm to get an army together. 'Sides, I'm so slow at getting painting done that I'd be hopeless at a Tale... kind of thing! :)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The pics don't load... I'd stick them in an album here on BoM.

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I've created an album as well for anyone having problems with the pictures loading.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.