1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SW: KoToR (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Enagonios, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Enagonios: I've never been banned from Manaan or done the Genoharadan quests, since I'm a goody-two-shoes. I can't help you there.

For the same reason, I've never seen the bug with Bastila. Kill her? Please, we're going to have like 5 Jedi kids!

And yeah, you can fight Bandon anywhere. He jumps you while you're leaving the undersea part of Manaan if you do that starmap second. I was quite surprised when he showed up, since I'd forgotten all about him on that playthrough.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:D

You've never tried playing Darkside? I'm trying it now just to see how it's like (and the force powers are wicked cool ;) ) but I find it more fulfilling playing a lightside character too. Also, I've got a Darkside Soldier-Consular and I've maxed out out my Darkside points. I see only one icon (as opposed to 2 when i maxed them out as a lightside soldier-guardian) and I can't see any stat upgrade.. weird :(

3. Viper3220 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm still confident there is no stat bonus for X-Box for KOTOR 1 for mastery of either light or dark side. I can't find it anywhere lol.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Viper3220

no icon appears next to your character avatar on the light/dark side screen?

Also, I got a stupid question. For those of you that do the "unfinished business" smugglers quest on Korriban, HOW DO YOU OPEN THE BOX??? :rolleyes: I can't even find it in my inventory :(

5. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Not in your inventory. It's in the hold of the Ebon Hawk (where the stowaway was).

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

thanks, i found it :)

the darkside ending was better than the lightside one imo :) and the darkside powers are awesome!

7. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

I tried dark side, but I couldn't get into it. As opposed to my brother, who likes choking everyone and wiping out his own crew. Anyway, I'm going crazy waiting for KOTOR2. Even my wife can't wait to play it.

8. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Light and Dark side mastery effect the cost of using the relevant sides force powers. ie. master heal is far cheaper if you have light mastery and far more expensive if you lean towards the dark side.
    I have played as a guarduan I prefer to dual wield - as opposed to using a double bladed lightsaber. You can fit more modifications to 2 sabers than you can to one double edged - as well as more damage. I think I had one of the guys running round with 2 lightsabers that had as many modifications that stunned enemies as possible. In a round his opponent had to make a fair few DC rolls to avoid being stunned.
    You could also set up someone to have all the improved critical modifications to their sabers - which could be even more effective.

9. Viper3220 Gems: 2/31

Keen+Master Critical Strike=Big Ouch!

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really dislike both dualwielding and doublesabres, they are just so damn silly and stupid. It even looks dorky. I prefer a single lightsabre, it is not a lot less powerful than the other styles and it just looks so much cooler and I am a SW traditionalist.

11. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

While I don't think they are "so damn silly and stupid," I'm not fond of dual-wielding or double bladed sabers either. But I counseled my wife to dual wield for precisely the reasons that Tap Dancing Oyster gave above. Packing more mods into your sabers is much better than getting a few more damage points, in my opinion.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Of course it is, I have had dual wielding characters and being able to have your PC use 4 crystals is nifty no doubt about it. I just think it is *wrong*! A Jedi/Sith wields *a* lightsabre, that is their thing. Maul was a little ***** with an attitude problem and Anakin got his butt kicked when he tried to wield two.

13. Viper3220 Gems: 2/31

Yes exactly! that is what I think of 2 lightsabers.
    everybody started dual-wielding everything in almost every movie after The Matrix came out.... so I blame The Matrix.

14. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I also enjoyed KotOR. I think the story was at least decent, the graphics were outstanding. The game engine agreed with me, but nonetheless, lacked that "LOOT ALL" key that gives Dungeon Siege it's +15 to-bloody-hit bonus.

Beer and pizza and a Beetlegeuse-style-brothel, to whomever on the Bioware team includes a "loot all" in KotOR 2.

15. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

Yikes! Strong feelings on the lightsaber. I agree with you joacquin. I was directing that second line to the Tap Dancer above you. I can't bring myself to dual wield, and when KOTOR2 comes out in February, you can be sure I'll be leaping right in with my single-bladed consular-to-end-all-consulars. I mean, why be Vader when you can be Yoda? Did you SEE what he did in Episode 2? Yikes.

16. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Everyone has their preferences I suppose - I really could'nt give a toss how the character looks when he/she is holding a weapon (no puns please). I'm also not the type to start getting carried away re-enacting the movies or anything. These are just games, and they don't compare to movies (the last 3 anyway).
    I suppose some people derive a certain "coolness" about dual weilding - for me this isn't an issue -I don't think I'd ever invite my mates round to show them how "cool" my KOTOR character looks holding two lightsabers.
    For me it is about being effective and making the most out of the available tools. Powergaming if you will, or outsmarting people who designed the game. On top of that the game has a reasonable story line as well.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

bah! dual-wielding rules! :p

er, as another stupid question, what EXACTLY does the lighsaber gem with the "keen" ability do?

18. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Increases (doubles, I think) your chance for a critical hit. A Master critical strike with a Keen weapon gives you a very good chance of doing massive damage.

What exactly did the 'loot all' do? There's a 'take all' in KotOR, and that was enough for me.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Ah, thanks for the info.

Yeah, enough for me too. Loot all sounds like, maybe it loots all the bodies in a certain area simultaneously? Wouldn't mind having that :D

20. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Whilst I really enjoyed the game, I did have one major beef. Wtf was going on at the star forge? Just endless waves of really crappy enemies. Whilst none presented a huge problem, the sheer limitless numbers eventually wore your force powers down, and more importantlt, wore my patience down. Up until then, the game had been a real joy, but that whole sequence almost made me give up in disgust. Way too irritating for words.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.