1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Suggest me a powergaming party for normal + HoF please...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Sloty, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Sloty Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Should I keep the 2 new ones on a low level then?
    How long and at which level exactly?

Hmmm....
    Perhaps I wont take the second cleric and only take the second sorcerer...
    Will he become good in melee later?

Do items which add an attack bonus stack?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  2. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

No, keeping characters at low level despite having the exp to level up would be cheating. I have a paragraph about different engine loopholes and this specific one would be "muling".

The only characters in my guide that are NOT strong in melee are the decoys. Even the sorcerers manage to carry a mean punch whenever needed. However, there's hardly ever a reason to melee anything with anything but your tanks and summons - ranged attacks and spells are just as good if not better in a vast majority of situations during the game, especially once you consider the fact that anyone but the tanks are just as good as dead if they stick their necks ahead of the tanks in HOF mode.

Edit: Yes, all forms of attack bonus from items stack, contrary to other types of stat bonus in this game.

3. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I do occasionally have my spell casters use reach weapons to assist in melee...reaching around the backs of the tanks or summons.

I also might let a sorcerer approach a helpless enemy, such as an archer that was hit with "hold person" and wail away on them with their melee weapon.
    This is only if there are no active enemies nearby. I'll do this while the tanks are in melee with enemies hit with disablers, I let the sorcerer or other weakling take out some of the easy targets in melee before the spells wear off.

Then again, I often use blind on archers and let the sorcerer take pot shots with his missile weapon, so maybe that wasn't such a good example.

4. lefuet Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Resourceful Veteran

I sometimes have spear users behind 2h axes/swords users behind 1h weapon users :)

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do you have a mod that fixes reach weapons? I sometimes have trouble packing the party members tight enough to use spears at all, and I haven't noticed much difference between various reach weapons.

Note that I'm talking IWD2, not P&P where this is a viable tactic.

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 36 seconds later... ----------

Nevermind, link provided. Sorry, I should have clicked on the link first.

6. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Did you check if my IWD2_4dummies guide met your needs?

It's a long read, but I explain every decision I made, and the party remains strong and versatile from beginning to end. I explain what classes I mixed in, when, and why.

Sample:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.