1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid Star Wars Movies Mistakes

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Farthy, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Ugh. BigB

Photon torpedoes on grids? Kamikazee? Heh. Get real. What if there is a grid each yard in the Corridors? Sure line up a million x-wings with pilots.

What about a 90 degree turn somewhere in the corridors? I guess the only rebel able to pull an x-wing through that maneuver is George Dimwit Lucas.

You can either benefit from this discussion or be destroyed :p :shake:

EDIT:
    LOL Lazy Bonzy. You hit another jackpot- I just love when small rocks hit the troopers' plastoid armors and they fall to the ground. Its so hilarious. At least the last half hour is so absurdly wacky that I can have a laugh over it. Its not small guys triumph over big guys. It's Georges triumph over sanity.

[ November 19, 2002, 21:47: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Stupidest Star Wars Movies Mistake? Having George Lucas shoot them. :D

3. Big B Gems: 27/31

"It's Georges triumph over sanity."

LOL. George lost his sanity a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. And it's a good thing too, else we wouldn't have SW today.

OK Nobleman, so say the Imps loose the overconfidence syndrome they suffer from and put grids up through the passageway. The Rebs would work on mini-remote controlled "Infiltrator" droids that would fit through the grid and latch on to the reactor and blow up simulatenously when prompted. Ha! Beat that. :p :1eye: :p

I do wish Lucas would have hired a director to do the new ones as well. He would still have to argue to get hiw way sometimes, but in the end he'd get it. It is his story after all. But then people would have a scapegoat (if they needed one) and blame the puppet director and not Lucas for the new ones not being how they envisioned. :p He takes the heat though. And keeps on going. Good for him.

/Me envisions a long line of X-Wings lined up outside of the Death Star.

Sir, we've analyzed their plan and there is a weakness. Should I ready your ship?

[ November 20, 2002, 06:36: Message edited by: Big B ]

4. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] The worst Star Wars mistake:

The drug overdose/head trauma/family loss/Mafia pressure [or whatever it was] that caused George Lucas to forget everthing he did well in Episodes IV, V, VI, and make the *absolutely abyssmal Episodes I, II.

Mr. Lucas, you have one last chance to make things right again. Episode III better knock my freaking socks off.

5. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Has anyone seen the Mad TV skit that dumped (however sophmorically) on poor master Lucas? They had his ranch as an actual, well, ranch (1 story house) and he drove around in a golf cart. I'm afraid he had it coming though, after he took some spectacular actors and a story with an enormous amount of potential and forced them to interact with....Jar Jar Binks. Spare me.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31

Well I would be upset if all the prequels ever did was turn people away from Star Wars. But I have seen and heard of many who have discovered Star Wars through the prequels. I worked at a summer camp this past summer and the guys (1-4th graders) in my cabin wanted to all be little Yodas for the party at the end of the week. That wasn't by my prompting either. It was something they decided, and of course I fully supported :grin: .

I know people who's first SW film was TPM, and they love it, as well as the rest of the saga. I've also known TPM to grow on many people. I believe it is the weakest SW film, but that's only in comparison with the others, because that's just how good they are. On it's own, I agree that TPM is awesome. Compared to the others though, it's not as awesome. For me that is. I know some who believe that TPM is the best SW movie, hands down. Well if that's what floats their boat, ok. The important thing for me, is that I like the overall story. It's awesome how it all plays out. Lots of cool characters, lots of neat themes, lots of eye candy, special effects, awesome scenery, lots of corny, but qoutable dialogue, and finally lots of fun.

:tie:

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, if we want to drag the Special Editions in, in RotJ when the Executor slams the Death Star, you can hear one of the Mon Cals clearly screaming: "Die dickheads!"... :p

Bloopers are cool... just one more spice in the sopu that is a good saga...

Ara
    (I want a pet ewok... not!)

8. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The first SW i ever watched was TPM and i like them all :)
    order of favourite (1st best)
    return of the jedi
    a new hope
    attack of the clones
    the empire strikes back
    the phantom menace

None of them are bad, and i think that like Baldurs gate and Icewind dale they should be enjoyed as a saga not just seperate movies

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Damn you rebel scum, Big B :shake:
    You always make that one in a million.

I love it that you think the rebels will as you put it, do whatever it takes... while the empire just stands by as crash test dummies. Yeah Good Old Emperor Ringleface's gang could've done better.

But Yoda and I are actually happy. Now we train the first Ewok Jedies. They are mighty powerfull as you know.

[ November 23, 2002, 15:56: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

10. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Nobby:

Singular: Jedi
    Plural: Jedi

I wish people would stop doing that.

11. JC Denton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The whole SW serie is boring!! Настольные игры ;)

12. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

On the subject of the phantom menace i don't think it was a bad film. For one reason - darth maul. Darth maul is my all time favourite character in any star wars movie or anything related to star wars (the books etc) he is just sooooooo coool :tie:

Reasons for coolness - he's a bad guy who actually is pure evil and he kicks ass. Also he has a red and black face and horns!!

Finally the main reason for coolness - he uses a double-bladed lightsaber and the double-bladed lightsaber fights in TPM are the best choreographed and overall best lightsaber battles in the entire saga. Some people raved about yodas lightsaber fight and anakins twin saber attack - these are not as good as mauls because

1. yodas was CGI and so doesn't need to obey the laws of what the human body can do, it's only relatively good CGI as well because yoda doesn't look super realistic (he doesnt have the muppet charm as in the first 2 films).

2. twin blades are over-used in films and it's less than 6 seconds in AOC which means that's it really just a blur.

3. Maul is using a double-bladed weapon and the choreograph makes it look like it really is basically a long laser with only a very small grip on it. I've used a double bladed lightsaber (used them when i was learning fencing. It's wood with foam rapped round) and you have to flow with it or you just hit yourself, maul looks like he flows as he follows through perfectly after every slash. Also he was fighting two people and the choreography doesnt (at the point when both jin and kenobi are actually fighting him at the same time) leave gaps in their attacks as he is contstantly under attack and the counter-thrusts done with his double-bladed lightsaber are also perfect and realistic (i speak from experience).

In short - maul rocks!! :tie: :tie:

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Darth Maul managed to be sligtly more silly than Jar Jar Binks and I can grant you that, it takes skill. Bad guy that looks like the devil? Come on! How childish and stereotypical can things be? Not to mention that he barely spoke in the entire movie he was an archetype thug that gets whacked in the end. Not to mention silly, I want to put some emphasis on that.
    There are a ton of mistakes and stuff in all movies if you look carefully enough, except perhaps in Kubricks movies, he seemed to have been a true perfectionist and I wonder if there ever was any misplaced stuff in any of his movies, anyone got any info?

14. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have to say the fight scenes in Episodes 1 and 2 were choreographed really well, to the point where they make the ones in the older movies look bad. If you watch the Darth - Obi - Qui Gon battle in slow motion it looks incredibly realistic. Same thing for a lot of the fighting in LOTR, especially Aragorn.

joacquin is right though, if you examine any movie closely enough you can find lots of little mistakes and inconsistencies in movies. There's a lot of web sites such as http://www.movie-mistakes.com/index.php written by people with too much time on thier hands that cover these. BTW, joacquin, some Kubrick movies are in the mistakes site.

What really bothers me though, are gaping holes big enough to drive a truck through. I don't have a lot of exposure to the police or courts, but every movie I've ever seen dealing with these two subjects is so ridiculous it's hard for me to watch. You see police blatantly disregard every procedure in the book, and all is forgiven when they wind up catching the bad guy(s). Apparently they don't have to account for any of this when they write up thier reports. Police shooting at criminals near civilians, failing to report in when they are about to investigate something (even I know that they have to report thier location to the dispatcher basically every time they step out of the car to do something), excessive brutality, etc.

Court/Trial dramas are even worse. Hollywood has absolutely no idea how the legal system works, or how a courtroom operates. Leading witnesses, asking improper questions, even a back-and-forth between defense and prosecution, where defense lawyer would ask a question, prosecutor would ask the witness another question, then back to the defense on the same witness. One of the worst examples was A Few Good Men with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson. "Did you kill him?". All Jack Nicholson had to do was say no. Tom Cruise (I forget the characters names) would not have been allowed to ask the same question 4 times in a row in any courtroom that I know of, military or otherwise.

Whenever I comment on things like this, the other people watching say, oh it's only a story. Well, duh. But there's no way the story is even vaguely possible or plausible. If something doesn't make sense, or contradicts everything I know about the subject portrayed, then I can't enjoy it, sorry.

[ November 24, 2002, 05:11: Message edited by: Nutrimat ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.