1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuff That Annoys You

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I had to look it up too. :) A Griefer is someone who participates in an online game with the sole purpose to destroy the experience for others.

Wikipedia link

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

On a related note, I learned first hand how bad a traitor in a team game can be.

About Tuesday, my Tribe on Tribal Wars began a war with another tribe. By Wednesday, I had started trading little shots with a member of that tribe (who I have since learned was high ranked member in the enemy tribe), who had about 2.5 times my number of villages and three to four times my "point total". Thursday morning I stepped up my campaign and took one of his villages. He apparently didn't like that. Until Friday noon, I was struggling to defend against his counter attacks. But because I had appointments Friday, I had to entrust my account to a teammate. He turned out to be a traitor, and undermined me, downgrading my walls, killing off my troops, teminating further production and conspiring to give away my villages. I came back this afternoon, found enough evidence and he's since been kicked and I would assume tagged for elimination...

The Rebuilding will be trouble...

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I had that in TribalWars too. I was surrounded by an allied tribe and they took all my villages making me restart.

As we were in a war side by side they knew I was a defensive player, isolated enough NOT to get attacked but able to produce enough defensive units to provide to both them and my tribe. So they knew I had nobles home alone :rolleyes:

Don't really play anymore though. Ikariam is quite fun.

4. Gnarfflinger

well, I've only lost one village so far, and had the enemies been at all committed, they'd have me elimintated by now...

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've agreed to play bass in my mates band on the 19th december. I went to band practise last night and realised that even though I'm a beginer, I'm better than the other two guitarists. The guy playing rhythm insists on trying to play louder than the lead so the lead turns his volume up which means you can't here my mate (the singer). The drummer hasn't actually met anyone yet and won't join us until the week before the gig and they have the most awful saxaphone player ever who just tootles about a bit and drops random notes into songs with no regard for timing! Plus the songs are rubbish!

6. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    :lol:

Sounds like it will be the most fun time ever.

The current thing that annoys me is the demolition going on at the site of an old textile mill near my house. During the day its like an almost constant earthquake. Its impossible to sleep in, which means I have to go to bed earlier than usual. Its impossible to go to bed earlier than usual as the guy who has the room next to mine has his bass up too high while playing flight sims and other games that make my room shake almost as bad as during the day. I would say something to him, but he has the social skills of a potato... :(

7. Gnarfflinger

The weather and it's disruption of my internet signal. I've gotten spoiled by being able to do what I want to do when I please, but now I find that I have times when I can't do much (if anyting) online at times. Mind you I do need to catch up watching some videos that I've downloaded...

8. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    There is nothing more annoying than people who are too stupid to realise they are stupid, and who then debate to the death something they dont really know anything about, and then admit that they dont, but then still say that you are talking sh*t despite you actually knowing what you are talking about :mad:

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... don't go on the Alleys....

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Lazy ESL students milking the government while not putting any effort into learning the language of the country they voluntarily freaking immigrated to!

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My brother.

Need I say more?

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Customers. Bunch of hypocritic douchebags. There was even this pile of trash which filed a complaint about me in my back but denied doing it to my face.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Allergies and cat dander/fur. My nose feels like it's on fire and I can't stop sneezing! :bang:

14. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Annoying: Arrogant lecturers who treat students like parrots, idiots, idiotic parrots or entities with no cognitive skills at all.

Usual sentences used by the above mentioned: "In my experience, you don't know this, never will and never shall / you have no clue what I'm talking about / you don't have intelligence enough to follow my lectures at normal speed, so I'll spell it out to you.... slowly."

Annoying to the point of "should be shot": Arrogant clueless lectures, who make mistakes and act like they are the minor gods of academia nonetheless.

Comments like: "Oh dear, another thing you should know, but I know you don't, so I'll tell you, but, tsk, tsk, you consider yourself students..."

A special category: Cattle-like students who actually like being treated like mindless drones, patronised and considered idiots. There are such people, believe me.

15. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate people who seem to think that even though they've never been through an experience, they still feel they can pass judgement/comment. A perfect example is people who have no kids but still feel they are qualified to pass judgement on how i raise mine!

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

LMFAO, Silvery! The (self proclaimed) world's greatest experts on parenting tend to be people with no children. Also, my position when facing dorks like the ones you mention is usually something like this:

"Your technique may work well with YOUR kid, but this child is MINE -- I have known this child since she was born. You have known this child for -- never, because you are merely a ******** in the grocery store. Therefore, even if you have 8 kids of your own, keep your ******* ******** opinion to your ******** self!"

I want it known that I put all those asterisks in myself and did not strain the autocensor unduly.

17. Silvery

Media:
    You're very good my love....and totally correct!

18. Gnarfflinger

A day with out the internet. It got so bad I returned to dial up to catch up on stuff that couldn't wait...

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can partially agree with you Silvery and LKD, but I also believe there is a limit. Your right to raise your child as you wish does not override the childs right of safety. I'm not against the occasional spanking or slap to disipline a child, but:

- if a parent believes repeated strikes are necessary to prove a point;
    - if a parent uses a closed fist or heel of the hand to strike;
    - if a parent uses a implement or kicks to get more power behind their "discipline";
    - if a parent uses harsh enough disipline to cause long term damage (bruising, broken bones, internal injuries);
    - if a parent's discipline on their child would be considered assault if done to anyone else;

that parent has a problem. And I'm more than willing to offer my opinion, pull the parent away, get police involvement, and have child welfare services ensure the safety of the child.

A child is not the possession of a parent. The child has rights.

I guess you could say you've hit on something a bit more than just an annoyance to me.

20. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    Im annoyed that you cannot even lightly slap your kid in NZ anymore...its illegal, and made illegal by the Greens....

Since when has disciplining your kids been an environmental concern?!?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.